forum

[resolved] osu! System File

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
dayuii
I've been playing osu! for about a few months now, and this hasn't happened to me until now. I uninstalled osu! to take a break from it, and it's the best way for me to take a break, and when I downloaded it again, it installed into a temporary file, and I honestly don't know why. I tried installing it again, but instead of opening the setup, it just says "osu! crashed." Apparently, the file name which is executable isn't "correct?" It also says that "The system file cannot find the file specified."

I'd appreciate if anyone can help me with this situation. I'm honestly not planning to uninstall osu! next time. I just need help with this situation.
Death
Try this:
Create an osu! folder in whichever location you want osu! to be installed in. For example, if you want all of your osu! files to be located on your desktop, the path to your new osu! folder will be ...\Desktop\osu!

Move osu!install.exe into that new folder and rename it to osu!.exe, then try running it.
Topic Starter
dayuii

Death wrote:

Try this:
Create an osu! folder in whichever location you want osu! to be installed in. For example, if you want all of your osu! files to be located on your desktop, the path to your new osu! folder will be ...\Desktop\osu!

Move osu!install.exe into that new folder and rename it to osu!.exe, then try running it.

Thanks, this helped a lot.
show more