forum

Motoi Sakuraba - Sparks Scattering

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hara
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on den 9 december 2008 at 23:49:37

Artist: Motoi Sakuraba
Title: Sparks Scattering
BPM: 155
Filesize: 4420kb
Play Time: 01:17
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4,79 stars, 176 notes)
  2. Normal (3,6 stars, 109 notes)
Download: Motoi Sakuraba - Sparks Scattering
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Original Message from Potasaur:

Heya! This here is my first beatmap ever and I have to say that it feels kinda short...

Anyway! This is a piece of awesome music from Tales of Vesperia, composed by my favorite video game music composer: Motoi Sakuraba.

Help and comments on what to edit would be very appreciated, even though I feel that it's pretty much complete as is it right now.

//The Potasaur
Basically, Potasaur started Osu! and almost imediately began mapping this short little map and unfortunately stopped playing very shortly after that and never got around to fixing the map up. So I asked him as a IRL friend of his if it was a-okay if I tried to fix this map, that in my opinion was being wasted, and see if I could reupload it and here it is up again.

This time it's in the Beatmap Help forum to see if there are any suggestions on what could be done different on the Hard difficulty since it feels short of being "Hard" and might be a touch to similar to [Normal], even though I can't think of any other way to map it, and if anything else needs fixing.

Edit 1: An64fan changes - Fixed the spacing, now it should all be consistent. Also fixed the timing up as well as resnapping to 1/4, even though there is something about [Hard] that feels weird with 1/4 resnap, maybe I'm just used to the 1/8 beat. Added some hit sounds but I am completely in the dark in most places with this, any suggestions would be super.

Edit 2: Small fix pointed out by Fwen-chan fixed. :D

Edit 3: Re-upped to Pending Beatmaps and added some hit-sounds.

Edit 4: James's fixes :D

Edit 5: Gens fixing.

An64fan
Something about the timing feels off....

Between Normal and Hard seems fine, though.

For fixes:

BPM: 155
Offset: 3,593 (felt a lot better here)

Make sure you have your beat snap divisor at 1/4. Then go to Timing > Resnap all notes.

After that:

Normal
00:40:85 (2) - Move this forward (This way ->) to the half beat, which is the red tick.

Hard
00:38:04 (10) - Move this forward 1/2 beat.

After that, on both difficulties, go through and make sure to make sure that your spacing is consistent. It's not HORRIBLE as it is now, though it would definitely benefit from some adjustments. If you're unsure, you can use distance snap, even if just to get an idea of what the spacing should be like.

And hit sounds would be nice.

Overall, I think this is quite good, and just needs a bit of fixing up. Oh, and Sakuraba is an amazing composer, isn't he? =3
Fwenny
Hard: 00:33:496 (8), move back to white tick and closer to the 7.

Didnt notice anything else, nice map. :D
Sinistro
It could just be me, but I get a feeling offset's slightly early. Try 3,598-3,600 (resnap).
I don't see any (other) issues.
Topic Starter
Hara
Hmm... You seem to be right there Sin, 3,598 felt a lot better, while 3,600 was a bit too much.

Fixed.
Sinistro
Bubbling.
James
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Gens
Nazi Modding! These will be only some nitpicks.

[Normal]
00:18:11 (8) - 1 Grid to the Right.

[Hard]
00:18:11 (12) - 1 Grid to the Right.
00:19:08 (1) - 1 Grid Up.
00:41:14 (6,7) - 1 Grid to the Right.
00:41:53 (8) - 2 Grids to the Right. (After Fixing the Above)
00:42:50 (2) - 1 Grid Up.
00:56:24 (10) - Disaligned with 8? :/
01:14:33 (11,12,13) - All of these, 1 Grid Up

Will that be all? I dunno.
Otherwise seems good enough. Although, I would add an Easy Difficulty and fix some sliders(just to look pretty to rank), but it's your choice.
Dismissed!
Topic Starter
Hara
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
chan
Didn't have any problems with it, just noticed that hard wasn't too much different from normal, just a lot fewer sliders. So yeah, hard isn't that much harder. Otherwise, I see nothing wrong here. Other mods: prove me wrong.
Sinistro

chan wrote:

prove me wrong.
I don't think I can :p Once again, close spacing seemed like bad spacing to me. Ranked.
minyeob
I got a B rank on hard

I think timing is little off.

I think this beatmap needs 1/8 snap divisor.

Example:
19:079(1)~(8) make 1/8 beat slower
22:561(2)~(13) make 1/8 beat slower

Etc Etc Etc

I think offset is fine. Because beginning part's timing is Good.
Larto
I say no. The map feels great without 1/8, and the fact that Cyclone SS'd it makes that clear. Try SS'ing a wrongly timed map :D
Cyclone