forum

How many episodes of any anime you want to stop at due to br

posted
Total Posts
show more
Elfuun_old
Yeah, I'm a looking from a more technical perspective.

Story-wise, there is a lot... I mean a LOT of crap with few episodes.
A good example of a famous Anime with stunning visuals and crappy story is Bakemonogatari. Dear god, the story is awful. xD

I never played the School Days Visual Novel. Is it worth?
The Ribbon Red

Mantiz wrote:

Yeah, I'm a looking from a more technical perspective.

Story-wise, there is a lot... I mean a LOT of crap with few episodes.
A good example of a famous Anime with stunning visuals and crappy story is Bakemonogatari. Dear god, the story is awful. xD
Told you.

Mantiz wrote:

I never played the School Days Visual Novel. Is it worth?
Nope. The same as the anime (except for 1 ending where Makoto decided to make things right, but I forgot how it went). Makoto's still an idiot all the way (except for 1 ending I mentioned earlier).
Elfuun_old
Well, at least he did the right thing in an alternative reality. Doesn't change the fact that he is a scumbag.
Anyways, enough talking about this shit anime. XD
The Ribbon Red

Mantiz wrote:

Well, at least he did the right thing in an alternative reality. Doesn't change the fact that he is a scumbag.
Anyways, enough talking about this shit anime. XD
Approved.

Moving on...
Birdy
12 episodes if great
2-6 if only good
Accelerator-kun
I agree with all you have said before about mainstream anime. But there are some exception. For example look at D.Gray-Man. It has lots of episodes, but it's awesome (of course, the manga is way better) and it's not as famous as Bleach/Naruto/One Piece so I don't know if it counts. Look at Bleach now, the manga is long, very long (50+ volumes right now) but it's good. The anime instead is awful. Just look at Ichigo, he is horrible in anime version. Naruto, if only was shorter, would be acceptable. One Piece, the longer one, has no chances. The style is for kids, the story is just an excuse to add tons of useless arcs. And the manga is also horrible. The page layout is awful, with tons of dialogues near each other. Very, very confusionary style.

By the way, a long story is not synonymous of an incoming disaster. Look at Berserk. The manga has 70+ volumes but it's very good.

Anyway, personally the only shounen anime with lots of episodes that I really like is D.Gray-Man (103 episodes)... I love it.
The Ribbon Red

Accelerator-kun wrote:

I agree with all you have said before about mainstream anime. But there are some exception.
True.

Accelerator-kun wrote:

For example look at D.Gray-Man. It has lots of episodes, but it's awesome (of course, the manga is way better) and it's not as famous as Bleach/Naruto/One Piece so I don't know if it counts.
The "not-popular" ones usually the good ones. But I haven't watched or read D.Gray-Man though.

Accelerator-kun wrote:

Look at Bleach now, the manga is long, very long (50+ volumes right now) but it's good. The anime instead is awful. Just look at Ichigo, he is horrible in anime version.
True.

Accelerator-kun wrote:

Naruto, if only was shorter, would be acceptable.
They made it long with damn flashbacks and needless words. It's an anime for those who're unable to catch-up with anything.

Accelerator-kun wrote:

One Piece, the longer one, has no chances. The style is for kids, the story is just an excuse to add tons of useless arcs. And the manga is also horrible. The page layout is awful, with tons of dialogues near each other. Very, very confusionary style.
Too much words? Isn't that a Visual / Light Novel?

Accelerator-kun wrote:

By the way, a long story is not synonymous of an incoming disaster. Look at Berserk. The manga has 70+ volumes but it's very good.

Anyway, personally the only shounen anime with lots of episodes that I really like is D.Gray-Man (103 episodes)... I love it.
True once more. All depends on how the story keep up with the characters inside it. Characters exist in a story to create the story and also end it themselves. If a character are able to end a story but they do not (without an acceptable reason; likewise most mainstream shounen you see now. Either the producer thought about it or not), it'll obviously make the story awful.
Pillow_old
I usually watch 2-4 eps a day, it's almost always during the evening I watch any anime
mathexpert
I don't really think that an anime needs more than 60 (at most) to convey a story or message. In my opinion, the most amazing animes are concise and don't have too much filler/useless arcs to detract from the main theme.
The Ribbon Red

mathexpert9981 wrote:

In my opinion, the most amazing animes are concise and don't have too much filler/useless arcs to detract from the main theme.
This.
Accelerator-kun

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Accelerator-kun wrote:

One Piece, the longer one, has no chances. The style is for kids, the story is just an excuse to add tons of useless arcs. And the manga is also horrible. The page layout is awful, with tons of dialogues near each other. Very, very confusionary style.
Too much words? Isn't that a Visual / Light Novel?
I don't know if there is a novel (but I don't think so), I'm talking about the manga.

The Ribbon Red wrote:

mathexpert9981 wrote:

In my opinion, the most amazing animes are concise and don't have too much filler/useless arcs to detract from the main theme.
This.
The Ribbon Red

Accelerator-kun wrote:

I don't know if there is a novel (but I don't think so), I'm talking about the manga.
I was just joking.

But seriously, something with a number of pictures and a whole pile of words are VN or LN. It should not be worth the name "manga" 'cause they balance at pictures and words (though mostly pics).
XSCX
Normally I watch 13-26 depending how much time I get.
Accelerator-kun

XSCX wrote:

Man, I wonder how much time you have per day. You know that 13 episodes are about 5 hours?
XSCX

Accelerator-kun wrote:

XSCX wrote:

Man, I wonder how much time you have per day. You know that 13 episodes are about 5 hours?
I get a lot of free time I guess x3
Accelerator-kun

XSCX wrote:

Accelerator-kun wrote:

I want that amount of free time too!
XSCX

Accelerator-kun wrote:

XSCX wrote:

The Joys of Being 16. x3
The Ribbon Red

Accelerator-kun wrote:

XSCX wrote:

Suspicious~...
Accelerator-kun

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Suspicious~...
what?
The Ribbon Red

Accelerator-kun wrote:

what?
Not you. The other guy...
XSCX

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Accelerator-kun wrote:

what?
Not you. The other guy...
I believe your talking about me o.O
The Ribbon Red

XSCX wrote:

I believe you were talking about me o.O
True.

I want explanation of your free time.
SPOILER
Jealous because having barely any free time. Yup.
Elfuun_old
I have a lot of free time too x3
The Ribbon Red

Mantiz wrote:

I have a lot of free time too x3
Why... Why do I not have any free time?
Elfuun_old
Perhaps because you study and work? I am done with my studies and currently I am not working, so... lots of free time.
The Ribbon Red

Mantiz wrote:

Perhaps because you study and work? I am done with my studies and currently I am not working, so... lots of free time.
Oh, so that's why.

Damn exams.
XSCX

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Mantiz wrote:

Oh, so that's why.

Damn exams.
Maybe Summer School will push you forward in 2 classes ;)
The Ribbon Red

XSCX wrote:

Maybe Summer School will push you forward in 2 classes ;)
There's no such thing as Summer School in my country.
Kunino Sagiri
I never watch ongoing animu, I only watch an animu when complete since I hate cliffhangers.
Elfuun_old

Kunino Sagiri wrote:

I never watch ongoing animu, I only watch an animu when complete since I hate cliffhangers.
Same here.

Who is the girl in your avatar?
Sallad4ever

Mantiz wrote:

Who is the girl in your avatar?
Stopin by just to answer this. The girl name is Sagiri from Suikoden 5 (love the game btw)
Elfuun_old
I just love her face xD

And nice "pun" on the user name... Kunino Sagiri.
ScBw1995
depens on the anime sometimes i watch it with out break, sometimes when i get bored i watch 2-3 episode and than pause and watch the next day again 2-3 episode
animez15
i always finished watching any anime that i like.. 8-)
The Ribbon Red

animez15 wrote:

i always finished watching any anime that i like.. 8-)
IMPOSSIBLE

You will eventually find an anime that you like, and start watching it.

Expect them.
Net-Nue
^rait
and since it's holiday, then i would finish all anime in my list XD
banzaii \:D/
Kinrinjin7
I don't really stop, i just finish it the fastest as i can
I watch like 9-10 episodes a day, than the next day, same
iEatzCooKieeZ
If they are short animes like 12 episodes i usually do them in two days so like 9 episodes one day 3 the next
Over 50 i usually take a break after 25 episodes
Depends on the anime if its amazing or just ok
Net-Nue
i don't really count how many,, =w=
yesterday, i finished k-on s2, kamisama no memochou, and inuxboku XD
and watch some ongoing anime,. =w=
Sync
You guys are crazy. I watch about an episode a day. Sometimes more, sometimes less depending on my interest.
show more