Yes
32.00%
No
68.00%
Total votes: 25
Topic Starter
Manhole
Am I making progress?

So, over the past couple of months (I think like 4?). I've been playing osu! I don't know if I'm progressing at a very fast rate or a slow rate. Over the past 4 or something months I've been playing osu! and have felt like I have been progressing really quickly. I am able to play 4+ star and fc them quite easily. Though my accuracy may not be very good right now, that's always something I can work on. Other than that, I'd just like to know if I am progressing fast in the world of osu! or if I am a slow learner xd.

Regards,
Manhole
PinkNightmares
If you could fc anything over 2* easily you'd have more than 200pp.
SnixWasTaken
I am not sure if you understand what FC stands for, because FC means Full Combo, meaning you didn't miss.
Regardless to accuracy if you FC a 4* you're suppose to get well over 60pp and up to 100pp+, your highest play is 27 pp, and the rest plays are C's and B's.
Before rushing through difficulty and getting shit grades which hardly helps you improve at the game, work on your accuracy, it is very very important and not a "thing you can work on later". When I started playing osu!std my accuracy was also shit but by the time i got to 3*, it never dropped below 95% anymore. You build your accuracy, and its not something you work on.
And by the way, how fast you improve is the last thing you need to worry about, this is a typical mistake made by many new players which cause them to rush through difficulties and be crap at the game.
What makes a player skilled is dedicating time and having patience, not higher ranks and pp maps.
Take your time, learn how to time your hits, then you'll see in time, that you improve MUCH faster.
Paneiru

Manhole wrote:

Am I making progress?

So, over the past couple of months (I think like 4?). I've been playing osu! I don't know if I'm progressing at a very fast rate or a slow rate. Over the past 4 or something months I've been playing osu! and have felt like I have been progressing really quickly. I am able to play 4+ star and fc them quite easily. Though my accuracy may not be very good right now, that's always something I can work on. Other than that, I'd just like to know if I am progressing fast in the world of osu! or if I am a slow learner xd.

Regards,
Manhole
I'm pretty sure you have no clue what FC means as i just looked through your ENTIRE top scores and didn't find a single FC score. Excerpt from your top 5 scores:

FC stands for full combo, and as you can see from this picture, you didn't even get close to getting a full combo on most of your scores (the closest one being your top most score with 268 combo out of a maximum of 318)

Looking at your stats from this site: https://ameobea.me/osutrack/user/Manhole the last full combo you ever did was on this specific map (https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1531011) on easy difficulty 3 months ago.

I'm sorry to break it down to you, but that kind of progress is well below average, but take that as a challenge to improve even more. If you want tips on how to improve etc., there are plenty of guides out there written by respectable players.
RamenBucket
Progress on pp: could be better

Progress on skill: literally impossible to play and not improve

You should work on easier maps to get used to the basics before moving on to 4*. You will see more improvement and it will build a better foundation for you later on. Work on your aim and reading, and your accuracy will naturally improve. Do not play a map over and over again for better combo, or better accuracy, you will not improve (as fast).
Omega-wave
Your skill partly reflects on PP,but not fully.You can get a lot of pp through playing plenty of songs,but your acc may not truly improve.4* is a gap,so before rushing to it,you should try more songs
to practise and improve your skill and acc.An fc or even fp can provide you with more pp.
ManuelOsuPlayer
I need around a year to be able to clear each start ratting.
1° year clear 1*-2*
2° year clear 3*-4*
3° year clear 4*-5*
4° year clear 6*-7*
I'm starting to clear 7*-8* and also some 6*-7* with HR.

Probably i started improving really slowly compared to other players. But does that matter? If i keep improving my skills in less than a year i will start setting scores on maps like apparition. ^^
show more