forum

CDFA's Mod Queue! #TheReturn

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
UPDATE: 4/25/14: Freshman year is over! So now I have more time to do stuff~. Mod system is going to be as it was before, 5 maps per round.

Topic Updated 5/18/2014

Hi guys, Mod queue time! This time, this is a NON-SEASONAL mod queue, so it'll be open for the entire year~.

5 Maps per round.

Want to mod4mod?
Take a look at these maps!
HTT - Singing!
Nana Mizuki - SCARLET KNIGHT (TV Size)
Jennifer Karr - Opening (TV Size)
Hatsune Miku - Mythologia's End
David Rolfe - Born to be a Winner
Shota Kogeyama - Battle! (Friend)
The below maps are Graveyarded, but you can still mod them and I'll still kudosu you! I plan on reviving these when I have space!
Itou Kanako - Find the Blue (Short Ver.)
Taylor Swift - I Knew You Were Trouble
Tomoya Ohtani - HIS WORLD (Instrumental)
KANAN - BRAVING! (TV Size)
Justin Bieber - Runaway Love

Want to make a guest diff? You can also get mods from guest diffs. You can make a guest diff for any of my graved maps, as well as my incomplete pendings. However, please forum PM me first (Some maps, I don't plan on reviving)

I created this queue for many reasons. First, I want to make it onto the kudosu rankings. I'm not shooting for MATship or anything, I'm just hoping to accomplish at least SOMETHING. Secondly, I wanted to make an easily accessable queue that does not discriminate because of song choice or length. As osu! is a diverse community filled with many genres of music and many different tastes, I dislike it when modders seclude themselves to a certain set of songs simply because of language. The only limitations I've created are the fact that I cannot mod non-standard diffs, due to my inexperience in that difficulty, and the 5 map limit, so I can efficiently mod maps without being overwhelmed as I was with other queues, where I literally had 58 pending requests. But if you want a mod, you can always forum PM me, and I'll mod it. The benefit of this queue is that I place it on top priority. So tl;dr, I'm not trying to make people jump through hoops and circles to get a decent mod from a somewhat experienced mapper. I want to create an accessable way for people to get their maps looked at, and although I cannot bubble or rank, I hope I can make some sort of difference to as many maps as possible, to assist osu! in its growth as a great game. . . Thank you, and I hope my mod doesn't suck.

How I Mod:
I mod whenever I'm in the mood to, but I make it a point to finish my queue ASAP. I don't like making giant mod posts, but I will make one if neccesary. When I look at maps, I'll generally look for things that CAN BE FIXED. If I have an issue with your mapping style, I'll probably make a comment about it, but I won't make giant notions to fix it, because that is your personal style, and it would be pointless for me to point out every problem that I find just to be replied back with "DAZ MAH STAHL." I'm known for my hitsound modding, and being a huge hitsound nazi. tl;dr, listen to the drums of the song and place hitsounds accordingly (along with adding a few extra things when neccesary for pizzazz and style). I used to make giant posts trying to fix everything, but now I'll just say "Claps on x and x" (Generally 2 and 4, for most maps made on osu!). I'll also make sure that a map flows well. Even though I'm unable to play osu! due to non-reliable hardware, I will still follow around with my mouse and/or watch auto-play to make sure that things flow nicely. I can't really define everything that I will find, as that'll be determined while I mod, but those are the biggest things I try to find.

CDFRULES:
1. I'll mod anything and everything
2. Map must be complete.
3. I can't mod any special diffs. I'll like look through them in AiBAT and AiMod but that's about it.
4. 5 maps per round. If you post a map after the 5th person, and I see that you posted it a reasonable time after the previous poster, you'll be blacklisted. NOTE: If a map breaks the rules and you post a map after the 5th person, the map will be moved to my forum PM priority.
5. mod4mod gets highest priority. To mod4mod, please FORUM PM me that you've mod4modded, and I'll mod your mappu first.
6. Don't complain about how long my queue takes to complete. I've made problems minimal by making a limit, so I'm not overwhelmed with so many requests (ie. 50 requests pending in my July queue :<)
7. 1 map per post, per round.
8. If you're an experienced mapper, I'll probably put you towards the end of the queue. Not because I'm all "omg new mapur revulutin", but because tl;dr there's probably not even any problems with your map.
9. If I've forgotten anything, use common sense. I'll make a notion when there's any rule changes.

Starring Policy:
I'll star a map if I like how the song is mapped. This is unrelevant to how many/little things I post in your map. Sometimes, I'll do an additional star (if I'm particularly abundant on free kudosu at the time) on a later date if I enjoy your song, but ONLY if the map was well mapped and I had previously starred it during my mod. Complaining about not starring a map (unless I specifically stated that I would star it) will have you BLACKLISTED.

Re-Mod Policy:
I forget re-mods all the time. The only time I'll re-mod is if.
A) Your map is experiencing major download problems (ie. mp3 missing, diff missing, etc)
B) Your map has so many issues that I feel obligated to re-mod.
Please FORUM PM me when you'd like me to re-mod. I rarely check back on threads, so I won't see stuff that says to re-mod until I get forum PMed.

BLACKLIST:
Cleangamer220: Indefinitely (Broke rules multiple times)

Kawaii
Mystyk
Mod this plz! :3
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/44132
thanks!

I might try to mod yours as well, but I don't guarantee anything, since if it's already good enough, then there isn't much to say. :P (and I can't do it right now)
Ylinestra44
Please mod my map
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/39084
Thank you!~
-Baby Strawberry-
open now? lucky~!
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/44674
here is my map, hope you like it~!
PainSinger
Sieg
Suimya
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
Sugoi~.

-Sekai-'s denied for being past the limit, but no blacklisting since it was in a close enough time proximity to probably not see poketking's post.

I have that whole "MOD ALL THE THINGS" vibe, so expect these to be modded soon.

Closed until next post.
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
Queue re-opened. 5 maps!~.

NOTE: My queue generally isn't this fast. Justsayin~.
LoliMaster_old
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/39268
can you mod my map? thx
KokoroStudiox3
silklash
Nyquill
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/43254 RAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWR thanks
Darksonic
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/45876

Thx in advance~ :3
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
Woah it's like I'm an actually good modder.

Queue closed until I get these 5 done. Sugoi.
Guzzzzm4n
Hey ~ :B

Can u mod my map please?

Neon Trees - Animal

Thx!
Stefan
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/45923
I read the rules, but I feel I forgot something.
Ignore this, if I did. ;w;
Maxer00
Maybe you forgot that the queue is close?

CDFA wrote:

Queue closed until I get these 5 done. Sugoi.
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
and with this, the dummy list is created.

Still closed
Raging Bull
i lold with your first rule.
show more