forum

Lack of popular electric songs

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
honeypump
I was surprised to not find more beatmaps with the popular progessive/electric music. Such as marshmello and lots of other stuff is not around. When I do osu search on electric there's lots of boring stuff although I did find a few gems theres a lot to be desired and you can't find much if you google it.

Edit: They did have the marshmellow song I was looking for but I can't find a lot of other stuff.
Caput Mortuum
The community is mainly leaning towards the japanese culture. That's why western songs are somewhat rare. And also popular EDM songs often don't have the ideal bpm for an interesting beatmap.
abraker
Usually a popular song would be mapped for the memes. Otherwise, it's either yet another anime opening or something that can be made a decent map out of. If you really want more beatmaps with popular progressive/electric music, be that change.
Topic Starter
honeypump
Thanks for the fast replies, let me start out I have the utmost respect for Japanese culture. The first maps I downloaded were songs from berserk and AOT anime. Never used the anime search filter because I got curious about the electric filter while never even listening to EDM music. Osu got me started on the whole EDM genre lol.

I'm using osu with intentions on training my eye focus/awareness. Fortnite is the game I play after and in between osu sessions. I can't do 3 star maps, but I'm training on 3 star maps with no fail.

Without creating a new thread I have a question. I'm seriously trying to improve in fortnite using osu. While doing standard mode beatmaps I press my the wasd keys and number keys to get keyboard muscle memory.

Now here's my question, I want to become a monster with my binded keys that I use in fortnite on top of having insane eye focus. How do I do this?

Are there any maps that train both keyboard and mouse aim?? Plus it would have to be for the specific keys I use in fortnite. I know you can do both but the problem is I would need it for those specific keys.

I even took off all the key caps around my binded keys so the brown switches are exposed so I can't hit them accidentally. How do I go about practicing should I just make a custom map.
Caput Mortuum
You can train your reaction time by playing high AR maps and your attention span by playing low AR map.

I'm not sure about training your aim for another game though, since 3D aim and 2D aim are different. But all kind of maps do improve your mouse control in some way.
show more