forum

Just an idea for osu on window tablet PC

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
XenoWarrior
I've recently got my tablet pc and have started to play Osu on it, only problem is I cant get to the menu (when you press escape) to retry, go back to main menu and the continue button. I've seen the Osu stream version has a menu that you slide down would it be possible to make one like that and have a check box in the options menu to activate it when using tablet (just thinking about the desktop pc users because I'm sure they wouldn't want to see "slide to activate menu" everytime they play a beat map when they have an escape button) :p

Just a thought that may come handy in the game :3 for tablet users :P
Mithos
Use an external USB keyboard. They still have their uses on tablet PCs.
Topic Starter
XenoWarrior
Yeah I have been, but I was just wondering if it would be implemented in a new update :p so that it could be played without a keyboard :3
Topic Starter
XenoWarrior
Found a way to have an escape button in-game, ComfortKeyboard. :) Anyone looking for the same thing as me ^^ this might be a good thing for you. :)
Keredna

XenoWarrior wrote:

Found a way to have an escape button in-game, ComfortKeyboard. :) Anyone looking for the same thing as me ^^ this might be a good thing for you. :)
I'm looking into buying a tablet PC, and came across your threat. I do see that the escape key would be a problem, but I'm not sure what this ComforKeyboard solution you talked about is, do you mind explaining it?
Also, how do you handle volume control?
Topic Starter
XenoWarrior

Keredna wrote:

XenoWarrior wrote:

I'm looking into buying a tablet PC, and came across your threat. I do see that the escape key would be a problem, but I'm not sure what this ComforKeyboard solution you talked about is, do you mind explaining it?
Also, how do you handle volume control?
ComfortKeyboard is a program that adds an overlay with a keyboard or a customized keyboard. Creating your own keyboard in this allows you just to have an overlay escape key. I think that there is also features for volume up/down, but that doesn't necessarily bother me because the multi-touch feature acts like a mouse scroll :)

Hope this was enough info. Want more: Google "ComfortKeyboard"

If this feature was ever considered by peppy, maybe a toggle button in the options menu to toggle the slide down menu on/off for people who use desktop.
Keredna
Do you mind telling me which tablet you are using to play osu and perhaps give a little review? Like how's the graphics quality, touch response, etc...
Thanks.
Topic Starter
XenoWarrior

Keredna wrote:

Do you mind telling me which tablet you are using to play osu and perhaps give a little review? Like how's the graphics quality, touch response, etc...
Thanks.
-I use a ViewSonic Viewpad 10. It comes with Windows 7 and Android 1.6 (I upgraded it to version 4.0 using the android x86 website)
-I can say the touch screen is very sensitive, doesn't need to be pressed too hard for a response.
-As for the graphics: Intel. All I'll say is GMA 3150. It's not the best GPU in the world with 256MB Video memory, but osu! and many other games are playable.
-Viewpad 10 is normally shipped with 1GB ram, easily upgrade able to 2GB (only one slot).
-As for the CPU; its actually not too bad, Intel Atom dual core, 64Bit support and clockspeed is 1.66Ghz.
-The only downside to this tablet is the SSD drive, it only comes with a 16GB drive. Yet again can be upgraded just like the ram.
Other than that, osu! is playable :)
Ohh, I'll mention that the response time for Windows 7 on this tablet is very fast. You'll hardly notice if there is a delay.
(I tried it on Windows 8, when pressing the notes you don't have a response so it misses the note)
There are other tablets out there that are mainly better than mine, but of course you can choose the one you want. :)
Going a little of topic, but I hope that helps you choose a tablet PC.
-Xeno
Keredna
Waow! That's quite a review you wrote. Thanks.
Your review really gave me a lot more things to consider about before I made my final decision, lol.

It's disappointing to know that windows 8 couldn't play osu though.

Again, many thanks for the review. =)