forum

Upgrading gaming setup ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Eriscium
Hey !

Been playing loads of osu recently and I've been getting constantly the same problem.

1 or 2 misses while trying to FC maps. Usually while jumps, I'm just gonna mess up one note and voila, RIP FC.

So I've been wondering, will upgrading my gaming setup help me ?

-I'm playing on a membrane keyboard (portable pc so might as well use the built-in keyboard, right ? ;-;)
-No mousepad
-15$ Dell mouse
-Potato pc but runs osu fine

Will upgrading the setup actually help ? I'm not sure if the problem comes from me or the setup tbh.

thanks in advance !
7ambda
Don't expect to immediately improve, but a better setup will provide a more enjoyable experience to game on.

That said, aim for a budget build. No need to go i7/Gtx 1060+; mid-tier i5 (or Ryzen 2200g)/Gtx 1050 will do fine.
RamenBucket
I'm playing on a surface pro 4 with the trackpad and the detachable keyboard. I'd say that as long as you don't get that much lag(input and game), you can do well at the game. That being said, I would recommend you get a cheap mechanical keyboard/numpad. It won't automatically make you better, but it will make you improve better. I'm using the built-in keyboard because I'm lazy, but I can assure you mechanical switches are amazing.
ADelicateOrange
1 or 2 misses... Usually while jumps.

That's the most important part really. If you were missing because of frame drops/input lag then it might be beneficial. However, you're probably just over compensating with your aim. I would though get a mousepad. No need to go scratching your table/desk/surface you play on.

A better mouse might be good upgrade as well. But, unless you REALLY know what you want. It's best to go a Technology Store or Department Store for that upgrade.

As for computer parts, if you can wait a year, then that would be the time to pick stuff up. The new 1100 line from Nvidia (GPU) will be out, Zen2 and Coffee Lake S should be out (CPUs), and RAM prices should be lowered because of the market finally readjusting itself.
pronet12
Idk, i'm doing fine playing on my laptop
Topic Starter
Eriscium

RamenBucket wrote:

I'm playing on a surface pro 4 with the trackpad and the detachable keyboard. I'd say that as long as you don't get that much lag(input and game), you can do well at the game. That being said, I would recommend you get a cheap mechanical keyboard/numpad. It won't automatically make you better, but it will make you improve better. I'm using the built-in keyboard because I'm lazy, but I can assure you mechanical switches are amazing.

Are you seriously playing on a trackpad ? How are your fingers even still alive ?
show more