forum

The multiplayer experience feels like it could use a good polish

posted
Total Posts

Do you feel that the multiplayer system needs a bit of a rework or something new?

It's fine just as it is!
10.00%
It needs a bit of tweeking, but nothing new.
20.00%
It could use some new features, but not a big overhaul.
70.00%
Rework it all!
0.00%
Total votes: 10
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Lockjaw-
Heyo! First post on the Osu! Forums, and I wanted to make a bit of a suggestion geared towards a better multiplayer experience:

The multiplayer lobbies are always fun for me to join, and I feel like it's a really challenging to go up against players to see who can get the #1, but one of the biggest problems I have with it is that there's no real way to set these lobbies up to be fair in terms of a competitive spectrum without kicking everyone who's just going to out-play everyone.

One thing I've come across a lot is lobbies where a host will hijack the lobby away from a lot of people enjoying and having fun with the game by either selecting a map that's way too difficult for the people who were in the lobby for to even complete, or by just holding the host spot all to themselves.

My suggestion: Make lobbies that only allow for certain rank ranges, and maybe even create a way for lobbies to be able to be filled faster and rotate hosts on their own. To me, competition is something that makes me strive to play better, so I'd really like to see a better way to allow for these lobbies to encourage that competitive spirit, not just for me but for many of the other Osu! players in this community.

Below is a poll I'm gonna post up, just for curiosity's sake.
Sandy Hoey
Host Rotation: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/124162

Rank range requirements could be nice, but rank is not a clear determinant of someone's skill
Anemic Witch
If you see someone "hijacking" lobby you can just agitate everyone to create new one. I don't think hardcoding multiplayer rules is a good idea (at least for now).
Topic Starter
Lockjaw-

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Host Rotation: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/124162

Rank range requirements could be nice, but rank is not a clear determinant of someone's skill

Oh yeah, it's definitely not. But something that bugs me is when someone rank 10k or higher joins a lobby with a bunch of people who are 300k-100k and complains about the songs being "too easy." It'd also offer up more competitive spirit between players who are within that same skill bracket to kind of help cheer each other on, you know?
show more