forum

Name change reverted? [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[iO]
Today I noticed my name was reverted. I was [io] when I created the account, then donated and subsequently changed it to iO (iO*space*)
But right now, and ever since this morning my name became something unlike both of those: [iO], and I was wondering why. At first I assumed names with spacebar characters got taken down, but people like M and J (accounts with a space at both sides of the letter) do not seem to be having this issue.

So, basically, my question is, why?

Edit: Seriously, this is so lame. I hate to be a bother, as a matter of fact I don't post a lot, but to turn my name to the old one, while forbidding me to change it to at least something different. I don't even have the option down there. Should I donate again?
Lucy-Kaede
47 minutes ago	
[iO] unlocked the "500 Combo (any song)" achievement!
21 hours ago
iO achieved rank #36 on Hatsune Miku - Baby Maniacs (Short Ver.) [Insane] (CatchTheBeat)

>1 hour ago [iO]
>21 hours ago iO

:o

..also, your flag changed from "Anonymous Proxy" to "Switzerland" .. dat test server..
Topic Starter
[iO]
..also, your flag changed from "Anonymous Proxy" to "Switzerland" .. dat test server..
...why... I had requested Anonymous Proxy flag at the pertinent thread... Ok, seriously, I'm being toyed with :(

Although, my former flag was Switzerland. Is osu! resetting for me or something?

First my name, then my flag. I wouldn't be surprised if I wake up tomorrow and my play count is 0 :P
Sakura
Maybe it's related to this
Topic Starter
[iO]

Sakura Hana wrote:

Maybe it's related to this
Maybe so, but if that where the case, why leave it exactly as it was before? Why not warn me? Maybe that way I would not have wasted my only chance to change my name. And, assuming you're right, that still doesn't explain the flag change, nor why it seems to only have happened to me...
Lucy-Kaede
Because your flag manually changed, when the name was reverted (automatically from the "trimming" im guessing) the flag may have been reverted because the automatic system updated your account, and is not aware of flag change.

It might be suitable to change to iO without the space at the end..
Sakura
Either that or the admins dont want you to have an Annonymous Proxy flag.
Derekku
The minimum characters that a username can be is three, so "iO" should not have been possible (adding the extra space made it bugged).

Please contact peppy to see what we can do about this.
Topic Starter
[iO]

Lucy-Kaede wrote:

Because your flag manually changed, when the name was reverted (automatically from the "trimming" im guessing) the flag may have been reverted because the automatic system updated your account, and is not aware of flag change.

It might be suitable to change to iO without the space at the end..
Impossible to have a 2 character name. Lu, are you even certain of all this you're telling me? Do you actually know how this so called "Automatic System" works? Or is it just speculation? Also, my scores moved from Anonymous Proxy to Switzerland, so the change of the flag is not only aesthetic. Impossible to be "not aware of flag change"

Sakura Hana wrote:

Either that or the admins dont want you to have an Annonymous Proxy flag.
I'm really glad you two have the time to answer me, but I see a lot of "maybe" and little certainty.
About the topic on the Anonymous Proxy: http://osu.ppy.sh/p/playerranking?c=A1

MetalMario himself changed it when I asked him, Anonymous Proxy is obviously not a country, yet he did it: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=45505&p=1319134#p1319134
(I'm still grateful by the way)

Switzerland was also wrong to begin with:

The chances of me being the only one with a changed country and name, because "admins dont want you to have an Annonymous Proxy flag" is 0.

Either this is an error, or manually done, specifically on me, for unknown reasons.
peppy
I have reset your namechange. Please choose something >= 3 characters as per the username guidelines.

My reasoning for not warning you is that this was exploitation of a bug in the change username system (attaching spaces to the end of usernames to avoid clashes/length limitations). This has now been corrected.
Topic Starter
[iO]

peppy wrote:

I have reset your namechange. Please choose something >= 3 characters as per the username guidelines.

My reasoning for not warning you is that this was exploitation of a bug in the change username system (attaching spaces to the end of usernames to avoid clashes/length limitations). This has now been corrected.
Simply put, no spaces. Understood. Should I feel honored I was the only one to be subject of this "correction" ?
I take since it wasn't mentioned, that my flag won't be reverted back to how it was. Should I bug MetalMario once again then?
Regardless of that, thank you all for your time.
peppy
I will be correcting any other usernames containing trailing spaces as I find them. There shouldn't be any left though.
Topic Starter
[iO]

peppy wrote:

I will be correcting any other usernames containing trailing spaces as I find them. There shouldn't be any left though.
I actually know a few. But just taking others down because it happened to me doesn't feel right at all. Anyway, thanks peppy.
peppy
I will be restoring these today. Thanks for pointing it out