forum

Help ! I really lack speed !

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Chesio
Hello fellow osu! players,
After taking a long break, my aim improved and i got a new top play.
But there has been a issue all of the time that i was playing.
I have MX Cherry Blue switches.
Problem is, i really lack speed and i can't even do really slow streams and triplets etc.
Most of the time i can't even do triplets perfectly ! [100% ACC]
And i've tested my kps on a programme.
While going full speed and concentrating only on clicking zx i got...
6 kps
Now, i don't know how to increase my speed, maybe its just how i was born [i hope not cus then i can't play osu properly]
I went on threads like these but nothing helped since i couldnt even do the maps they provided to train your "speed" on
So please help because nothing helped so far.
I have no problems with jump maps btw, it's only maps that have streams, triplets etc. that i have trouble with.
Help me and if nothing helps then im cursed and i cant play this beautiful game ;c
abraker

Yekky wrote:

While going full speed and concentrating only on clicking zx i got...
6 kps
That's 90 BPM for anyone who is wondering
RamenBucket
I think the main problem here is that you haven't been playing for a while. Your fingers lost their muscle memory for streaming and triplets, and they are hesitating. Keep playing for a while and you should see quick improvement.
Topic Starter
Chesio

RamenBucket wrote:

I think the main problem here is that you haven't been playing for a while. Your fingers lost their muscle memory for streaming and triplets, and they are hesitating. Keep playing for a while and you should see quick improvement.

No, not exactly
you might have misunderstood me.
"But there has been a issue all of the time that i was playing" by that i mean that i had this problem when i started and i still have it.
Fizzly
Find a bpm that you are comfortable with as a starting point and then decide whether you want to focus on bpms higher or lower than that. If you say that you can't do any sort of stream (fast or slow) then you mostly likely have to improve finger control or reading, not speed.
pronet12
(Insert Rohulk 222bpm overstream meme here)
Topic Starter
Chesio

_Limitless_ wrote:

Find a bpm that you are comfortable with as a starting point and then decide whether you want to focus on bpms higher or lower than that. If you say that you can't do any sort of stream (fast or slow) then you mostly likely have to improve finger control or reading, not speed.
\
You cant really do anything with like 5kps tho.
There are no maps with streams triples etc that are 90bpm
and if there are then i would appreciate it if you linked me some

And you said i need to improve finger control and reading, how do i do that ?
Just keep playing ? Oh yeah that for sure worked the whole 8 months of my playtime

And if you say it's not my speed explain this :
https://gyazo.com/91f0aead76550a6c3cbd116c66ca0ca9
The Gambler
You best warmup would be some grumd maps. You triplet, or you die.

Alternatively, you could just alt regular maps
dung eater
Topic Starter
Chesio
Thanks, i couldn't find slow bpm stream practice maps, but you helped me to find one. And after finding a map and practicing for a while, i can stream bpm 110 for 2 min.

I have a lot of hope since of how fast i improved, thank you. Now i won't even think about uninstalling osu !
show more