forum

What Keyboard Should I Get?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MDMA
I play Osu! in my laptop, but now that I'm taking the game a little more seriously I think it would be better to buy a mechanical keyboard to improve in the streams (because my fingers hurt a lot). What keyboard should buy with the price up to 160 $?

Paneiru
Ducky shine 6...
For real though, try to figure out what kind of mechanical switches u want in your keyboard and just get any mechanical keyboard with those in it (most common switches are Cherry MX brown, red, blue and black). Good brands are CM (cooler master), Corsair and Ducky shine
OneTrueDuceOK
CM Masterkey Pro (used by FlyingTuna)

Ducky Shine 6 (Currently used by Firebat92 (Angelsim), can be bought in Amazon and Taobao)

Crazyboard (Used by Firebat92 before Jun 23, can be purchased on Taobao)

Or if you're just buying a mec keyboard for only Osu (main purpose), you can buy a cheap mechanic keypad.
pronet12
Well, lucky for me, i use my laptop keyboard
The Gambler
From another thread:

- MX Reds/ Blacks
- Kailh Reds/Blacks
- Kailh BOX Heavy Yellow
- Matias switches after removing the click leaves in the switch

^^ Above choices assume you like linear switches. The more exotic switch choices also assume you know how to source them and implement them yourself. Otherwise, your choices are limited to MX series switches, which are considered mainstream switches and can be found in most mech boards.

Input Club possesses a far more comprehensive switch guide including force curves and such. These force curves should help you visualize what your fingers will deal with when playing osu, but there's nothing like having a switch tester at hand, so do your best in procuring one.

Otherwise, you could also buy a small batch of switches, a Pro Micro, some cheap keycaps, and build yourself one of these beauties:

In short, I would not recommend you commit to an entire keyboard just for osu. Find what you like and purchase yourself some switch testers
Akanagi

OneTrueDuceOK wrote:

Ducky Shine 6
Ducky One or an older Shine model works, too.
show more