forum

Mistwalker Skin (STD) v 0.not yet done

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AnceriI Sacred
Disclaimer
i didnt intend to post this to the forums yet but there were some factors that made me reconsider this decision which is why there are some odd things going on in this skin, such as there not being SD versions of some elements and fragments in the ini that have no point among some other things

elements that will most likely be changed: play-warningarrow (not so pretty lookin), ranking-panel(<), sliderb (clashes with the rest of the in-game UI)

elements that i will probably change: mod icons (i dont like em that much)

about the 2 folders: i felt like adding the psd files so people who know how to make use of them have an easier time to do what they want with the skin (though i didnt add all of them since it was more of an afterthought/laziness, also there are some revisioned parts in there if you like them better)
and the alternatives folder contains both invisible and visible 300s, a menuback sound (which ill most likely remove at a later point entirely), an alternative play-skip (which i replaced because i felt it clashed with the rest of the in-game UI) and an inputoverlay-background without mizell on it

if there happen to be any skin elements of other people in this skin im terribly sorry but i am a master in missing the most obvious stuff so just tell me and i'll happily remove/replace them

sources: DaFont: Levi Brush, Overdose Sunrise, Road Rage
Artwork: Mistwalker (Terra Battle and The Last Story) selection-mod; ranking (the big ones and the panel); play-skip; menu-back; inputoverlay-background; section-fail/pass, Nanomortis Pause-overlay; selection-mode, Bou nin mode-x-med

i mostly wanted to talk about this to give credit to people

i chose the name mistwalker because i felt like the name fit with the in-game UI being pretty shadow-esque and also because most of the artwork comes from Mistwalker games and i wanted to raise some awareness for Terra Battle

this skin has a stong focus on colour harmony so things might be awkward to read to some, recommend to be played with map combocolors off, since approachcircles in a diffrent colour look strange in the context of the skin
the blue version has some unique problems i dont think i can fix in the old client since the menu-button-background is being tinted so recolouring it wouldnt make it blue, same goes for the inputoverlay keys

Screenshots

song select and mode select

Gameplay

Ranking Panel

Mods

changelog
launch: changed 300s slightly, added blue version
03/07/18: new cursor and menu-back

Footnote
  1. would've added this to WIP but its blocked apparently?
  2. i dont know if this ranking-SH is considered NSFW
  3. suggestions are welcome (especially for the parts to be revisioned)
  4. i'll gladly fix any issues pointed out whatever their nature may be
  5. this skin has some pretty questionable readability, which was a conscious choice, if you dont like that i could add a colour altered version sometime down the road
Fatal3ty
Huge 300 :o Some people don't like play with huge 300, very distracting to play. :)
Login
Reminds me of Okami
Edit: Just played some rounds, maybe make a inverted version of the circels, for ppl that play without background, you can lose them easy with 100% dimmer.
Topic Starter
AnceriI Sacred

Fatal3ty wrote:

Huge 300 :o Some people don't like play with huge 300, very distracting to play. :)
i thought i included smaller 300s in the alternative folder

edit: damn i just noticed that the crop on those hits is horrible
Topic Starter
AnceriI Sacred

Login wrote:

Reminds me of Okami
that was also one of the inspirations
ookami is the reason why the menu button background looks the way it does
show more