forum

[REGS CLOSED] [Taiko 2v2] Intermediate Global Taiko Showdown

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kasumi-sama

Welcome, Intermediate Taiko players. Did you ever want to participate in a tournament with players around your level? From your own country? As a 2v2 as well? Well well. We definitely heard what you wanted (no you didn't ask for it) and we are here to give this to you with Intermediate Global Taiko Showdown 2018!

PLEASE JOIN DISCORD SERVER IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE PLAYING IN THIS TOURNAMENT. ALL ORGANIZATION WILL BE DONE HERE, AS COMMUNICATION CANNOT BE DONE EFFICIENTLY VIA OSU SITE, AND YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED IF YOU DON'T JOIN IT.

Restrictions

There are only three restrictions for this tournament. You must be within rank 3.5k-10k during registrations, and you are not allowed to rank up further than 2.5k during the tournament. Also, of course, you must sign up in the country your profile has as flag. And very obviously, you must join the Discord server of the tournament here or above.

Registrations

Registering to this tournament is quite a simple task! You just need to fill in the form displayed above, and if you missed it, it's just right -> here! <-
After that, you'll be on your way to playing in our tournament! We're accepting as much teams as we can. Teams can be from 2 up to 5 players btw.

Tournament dates

These can change at any moment if there are any complications during the tournament.

Registrations Period: June 30th 2018 - July 29th 2018, 12PM UTC.
Tournament Start: August 4th 2018
Group Stage: August 4th - August 12th
Winner's Bracket Round 1: August 17th - August 18th
Winner's Bracket Quarterfinals and Loser's Bracket Round 1: August 24th - August 25th
Winner's Bracket Semifinals and Loser's Bracket Quarterfinals: August 31st - September 1st
Loser's Bracket Semifinals 1 + 2: September 7th - September 8th
Winner's Bracket Finals + Loser's Bracket Finals 1 + 2: September 14th - September 15th
Grand Finals: September 22nd

Rules

There's a lot of ground to cover in the Rules section, so please bear with me as I cover the various sections. If you already know how a general tournament works, a refresher never hurts just in case.

General Rules
  1. This tournament is double-elimination and played as a 2v2 team VS match.
  2. The mapset will be announced the week before a stage begins, and the categories are as follows:
    NoMod, Hidden, HardRock, DoubleTime, FreeMod, TieBreaker
  3. Match schedule is decided by the organizers, which will announce schedule the same day as the mapset every week. Each stage of this tournament will last a week, and that week starts when the mapset is announced a day before, so players need to get their match in before the week is over.
    If there is no referee available, or if I am not available, the match can be postponed.
  4. If both team tie on the TieBreaker, the TieBreaker will be replayed, though with FreeMod rules.
  5. If a player disconnects from the game, the opponent wins the round. The only exception is if the player disconnects during the first five seconds of the song, in which the match is restarted.
  6. Maps cannot be used twice in the same round.
  7. You have 15 minutes to show up to your scheduled match. If the opponent doesn't show up, the team which was supposed to play automatically advances onwards.
  8. Any other rules changes or unexpected occurrences will be announced in the thread.

Stage Regulations
  1. There are four stages to this tournament: the Group Stage, the Quarter-Finals, Semi-Finals, and Finals.
  2. Matches are seeded. Teams will be seeded per pp.
  3. In order to win in groups, it's best of 7, or the first to win four matches. For every other round apart from the finals, it's best of 9, or the first to win five matches. In the finals, it's best of 11, or the first to win six matches.

Match Regulations
  1. A private lobby will be created for your match, and both teams will be invited into their match when it's their time. Make certain you're online at this time. Match will be played as TeamVs and ScoreV2.
  2. Each team is allowed one warm-up, but it must be below 5 minutes.
  3. Map selection will begin with whoever rolled the highest, then will go to whoever rolled the lowest. When the starting team is decided, both teams will select one map to ban that is not the tiebreaker.
  4. In case of a tie, the tiebreaker is selected.
  5. Results will be displayed on Challonge, and announced by the referee.

Mappool Regulations
  1. There's a different pool in each stage of the tournament, becoming progressively harder.
  2. As stated before, NoMod, Hidden, HardRock, DoubleTime, FreeMod, and TieBreaker are the six categories that exist for this tournament.
  3. Each mappool has 13 maps, which includes 4 NoMod maps, 2 Mod maps (including FreeMod), and one TieBreaker.
  4. Tiebreaker is played FreeMod, but mods are not compulsory.
  5. As stated previously, the mappool is released when a stage starts.

Scheduling Regulations
  1. Every stage is held during the week-ends to let players practice. We will schedule the teams accordingly.
  2. Matches are allowed to overlap if referees are available.
  3. You must complete your match at the designated time or both teams are eliminated.
  4. However if you and your opponent team can come up with a better time than what we have scheduled for you, please inform us of this. We will change your match if informed at least a day in advance.

Prizes

1st place: 3 months supporter per team member + A banner for each member of the winning team
2nd and 3rd place: 1 months supporter per team member
Bedwyr Aorta
c:
Gamelan4
Ooof, Hype
Heam
hype
Swovine
\o/
Trilt
Yeyeyeyeye
AnonX32
Yaaaay
Rukairi
woop hype
too bad I'm too low rank to join D;
Reed_405
hype
Swovine
Just a reminder that if you are interested, even if you are unsure of signing up, it's always a good idea to join the discord to receive information and let us know of your interest! 👍
Acetylcholine
les go
-_-Nico-_-
Give me my 4000k. rank ;-;

fajar13k
Taiko Showdown :thinking:
Good luck running it, you can also contact me if you need dedicated wiki page for your tournament
Poii
this should get more attention
Bedwyr Aorta

fajar13k wrote:

Good luck running it, you can also contact me if you need dedicated wiki page for your tournament

ATS files a copyright claim on IGTS for their name :thonking:
Swovine

Bedwyr Aorta wrote:

fajar13k wrote:

Honestly didn't even notice this until now xD
Topic Starter
Kasumi-sama

Bedwyr Aorta wrote:

fajar13k wrote:

oh shit
Alwaysyukaz
Good luck for the tourney!:D

wadoo sram poyi jadi mep selector
iceOC
hype 8-)
Bedwyr Aorta
\o/
Joogs
Good time. Lots of fun.