forum

My friend who got me into osu got into a car accident

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Azzerxzz
My friend, whom i've met nearly 2 years ago via a Garry's Mod server, and a year and a half later got me interested into osu, is now in a coma due to a car crash while on his way to his local prom. He's now in serious medical condition. I won't disclose his name, but me and him went through alot together. Sure we were just friends online, but it felt like much more than that. We helped each other through rough times, were there for each other when the world wasn't.

I remember last talking to him on Teamspeak, when I last saw him online, where he was going through matches on Tinder, and I was talking to him about how Tinder is a waste of time.

I may never get to speak to him again, and I wish I could talk to him ASAP, cause i'm missing him like crazy right now. He got me into osu, and lately i've been meaning to show him my progress in osu, so I went around on Teamspeak, Discord, etc. trying to see if he was online anywhere, until a mutual friend of his told me he was in a car accident on Discord. I was in disbelief at the time, and completely denied it, assuming it was a mean joke of some sort.

I miss his like crazy, and my prayers are out to him, because he meant so much to me.

I'll try and update this post about the status of his coma.

UPDATE 7/3/18: I talked to him, and he is recovering from his injuries now. Thankfully, he's okay.
abraker

Azzerxzz wrote:

Was thinking he was in rough shape, but not life-death kind of rough until I read this line. Life's crazy sometime, I hope your friend pulls through
Topic Starter
Azzerxzz

abraker wrote:

Azzerxzz wrote:

Was thinking he was in rough shape, but not life-death kind of rough until I read this line. Life's crazy sometime, I hope your friend pulls through

Yeah man for sure, appreciate your support.
Achromalia
...That's tough.

Not much I can do aside from showing my support and well wishes. Hopefully he makes it out okay.
Comfy Slippers
This is why I hate the driving ethic of some people, especially the inexperienced brats that 'flex on the streets' by driving fast and showcasing their muscle cars and whatnot. These people are willingly putting themselves at risk of facing death as they remain ignorant to this not realising that some poor bloke with a cheaper, more unsafe car will (most likely) face a worse outcome. He's not doing anything wrong, not breaking any traffic rules but he gets what he does. Another pet peeve I have about this is that driving licenses are basically handed left and right. I'm somewhat familiar with how it works in the US, and it's just plain bad. I busted my ass off in getting one, while my cousin from Kentucky claimed that she basically got it handed on a silver platter (in contrast to my story). And even with out strict regulations, we still get unfortunate accidents like this happening.

I hope that your friend pulls through and that both of you can learn something from this, more so if he was the one speeding and/or violating any other safety rules of driving.
show more