forum

[resolved] I enabled compatibility mode and...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Teufelstanz
Problem Details: I enabled compatibility mode, as I thought it may help stabilise my frames and ping. However after enabling it, when it opened osu again I got an error message, which is shown below. I obviously cannot open osu and therefore can't disabled compatibility mode. I would love to be able to to osu again, so please check the attached files and see if you can help!

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

I was also met with this error message [I don't know what it means]

OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextException: [EGL] Failed to create window surface, error BAD_NATIVE_WINDOW.
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglWindowInfo.CreateWindowSurface(IntPtr config)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, EglWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext sharedContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglAnglePlatformFactory.CreateGLContext(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Boolean directRendering, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at #=z0ziB7SDrv_pFBHyhQN9m0EpL4lCs.#=zKj7T6U8=(Int32 #=zZb8NDag=, Int32 #=zTv4bsLg=, GraphicsContextFlags #=zYErviQQ=)
at #=zVmYOXSMOwJMVKeQQXYMuHhI=.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=zAs_ybj4=)
at #=zozFUrtS9rSRu$XCTUgTuMKGmbylb.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=zAs_ybj4=)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at #=zdu1Cgb89XHfgZAgcEmHbWdg=.WndProc(Message& #=zzbhykz4=)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Please help if you can! Thanks

osu! version: 20180626.1
- Zuramaru -
hold down shift while clicking osu and a window should pop up where you can disable compatibility mode.
Topic Starter
Teufelstanz

Krypto wrote:

hold down shift while clicking osu and a window should pop up where you can disable compatibility mode.

Just tried, am getting the same window. Maybe I am doing it wrong.. I dunno but when I hold down shift and click on osu i get the same thing, and if i hold it down nothing happens...
- Zuramaru -

Teufelstanz wrote:

Krypto wrote:

Just tried, am getting the same window. Maybe I am doing it wrong.. I dunno but when I hold down shift and click on osu i get the same thing, and if i hold it down nothing happens...
Try closing osu. Now go into your osu folder and find your osu![pcname].cfg file (not the osu!.cfg file) and find the line that says "CompatibilityContext" and change the 1 to 0. Save the file and open osu again. (There's multiple cfg files, but only one has that line)
Topic Starter
Teufelstanz

Krypto wrote:

Teufelstanz wrote:

Krypto wrote:

Try closing osu. Now go into your osu folder and find your osu![pcname].cfg file (not the osu!.cfg file) and find the line that says "CompatibilityContext" and change the 1 to 0. Save the file and open osu again. (There's multiple cfg files, but only one has that line)

Thanks a tonne! It is working now \owo/
Death
Intel released a fix for this issue a while ago. I'd recommend updating your drivers so you don't need to worry about this error message in the future. It also occurs for some other games/applications, so that's something to keep in mind. Glad you were able to get it resolved though.
DarkerYoutube
thanks!