forum

Carte - Free Online TCG

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Two_old
http://carte.gamescampus.com/

comes out in 1 day 14 hours

I played closed beta and it's really nice. There is a cash shop but it's not difficult to get cards outside of it, and there's nothing exclusively for real money.

It's like an amalgamation of the popular tcgs. Each deck has a hero. You win by either reducing your opponent's hero to 0 hp, or the cards in their deck to 0. There are 5 factions/colors. You can mix every faction/color into your deck, but if your hero isn't the same color as a card you play, your hero takes 1 damage (possibly more if the card stipulates it). Even though each faction has a few unique aspects, everything is fairly normalized across the board. I spoke to a koeran player in their top 20 ranking and he said there is no dominating faction/color.

Also, if you are looking for that 1 rare card that you need, carte has systems that allow you to get it fairly easily. You can disassemble cards to get parts that can directly create what card you want (ex. rare, creature, saike(white), ep. 1-4(booster)). You can also exchange cards for another card of the same episode and rarity 5 times a day for a fee.

I'm going to play it even if no one else is~

here is a more wordy review of it: http://www.examiner.com/online-games-in ... iew-review
Salvage

Two wrote:

I'm going to play it even if no one else is~

aww, mkay gl

you should play lineage 3 when it comes out :3.
AfroPriest
This looks awesome,i remember that card game from a cartoon,its been a lot of time since the last time i heard about it.
Surely going to give it a spin when its out
Ivalset
which faction/color has the hottest bitches
Topic Starter
Two_old
http://carte.gamescampus.co.kr/board/cartecard.html

that's the best place to look at cards at the moment, I think

left column is for faction/color, just click one of the buttons

the column to the right of that is where you filter results to show only heroes, creatures, etc.

then the column to the right of that is to filter by mana cost
Dafydd
I expected this to be a browser like game, then I saw a download link.
I'll gonna try this one for sure. :D
Ekaru
Not only am I a TCG freak, this is a game that won't go into an unplayable state when my brother starts streaming shit. Count me in!
Topic Starter
Two_old
it should start in about an hour
Jinxy
Hm, not bad.

Playing the purple deck, whatever its name is. Basically all I do is drop all of my opponent's attackers' AP to 0, lol.
Once my opponent had 5 attackers and only 1 had a positive AP stat. I wonder what happens when a creature fights with -1AP, does the opponent heal or something?

IGN is Jinxy.
Topic Starter
Two_old
I don't know if it's possible to go below 0

at this rate I might have my deck done in 3 days ^_^
Jinxy
Nah, it is. I managed to get a guy to -2 AP by stacking Contagion, Dread Lich/Dark Elf and using Violette's 5 mana skill.

And then my pissed off opponent tried hit me with that creature, I didn't heal :/

EDIT: I'm honestly balancing on pure luck or the opponent's lack of knowledge that you need to defend at times. Once I got swarmed by so many spirits my opponent had 2 rows in his attack zone. Is there any easier way to build up silvers for new decks?

Also, how does a raid work?
Topic Starter
Two_old
raids give better rewards

3 vs 1, each boss requires a strategy to beat (or, at the very least, some self healing)

white decks >> all other decks right now btw, since no one is pro enough to beat honor/blitz monsters

also, apparently when you go beyond rank 1 to mercenary rank, you get a different display picture (solitary man card)
Jinxy
I don't have too much problems dealing with starting single creature blitzes, but then I lose my hand at an incredibly fast rate from lions. That, and the trap card that summons two Irene's Servants which can practically be used instantly. It triggers when I have 2 creatures out in the field anywhere, something I obviously end up having in the first 3 to 4 turns.

Other than that, other colors are still an ok fight. Vampire > Mummy build is satisfying once you pull it off. 6 Dread-1 mummies are great. It's easily counterable by Night-Hag and the starter blue hero, but I haven't faced any opponents with it yet while I'm using my Vampire.

Still deciding on Black Mill or Blue Blast as a backup in case Black Vampire fails horribly on better opponents.
Topic Starter
Two_old
another way to summon mummies is to use devoted nursing from saike

2 mana -1 ap +2hp -1 hero hp
mega_mac
walao... i think i gonna try it.... 8-)
Jinxy
Pulling this up. I love fighting noobs that don't understand the need of having a larger hand mid-late game and spam regular cards as mana instead of shards. They get my hero down to half his health if lucky, then I just roll out 4 creatures a turn while they set up one defense each turn.
Topic Starter
Two_old
Yeah, I saw a korean bide his time to the point where he had 1 hp left and 0 creatures, while their opponent had 18. He then 1 shot them by boosting his hero's ap to 18 and destroying his item to kill all of their creatures.
Jinxy
18 AP

what the fuck

APPEND: Is it just me or do the AI actually vaguely learn how you fight after time? I was farming the easiest guy and he was always sending out attackers and then attacking my attackers, but after a few games he started sending everything to defense and spamming his armor (albeit in a useless and mp-wasting way). It didn't faze my blitz deck I specifically use to trash him, but it's interesting to note.
Mogsy
Just got past the tutorial and my first AI match. This game is actually pretty fun, perhaps I'll stick with it.
Dafydd
Maintenance? :(
Topic Starter
Two_old

Dafydd wrote:

Maintenance? :(
?
Dafydd
I was gonna dl/play the game, but the site says there's a maintenance goin' on. :D
Oh well, guess I have to try again later.
Dafydd
Is there a friends list here?
Just wanna add you up just in case.

IGN: Dafydd
Mogsy
IGN: PGRM

I'm finally starting to get the hang of this game. It's actually a pretty damn nice structure. Just gotta get better now and experiment, really. Been primarily playing with the green prebuilt and the blue prebuilt.
Jinxy
IGN: Jinxy

I'm going to farm the AI now, but you can hit me up for a game later.
Dafydd
Yaay. So how do I change my deck? Or should I buy them? I sill have that red one, I wanna use the Blue or Green if possible. :D
Jinxy
The first 15k silver coins you get should be saved up and used to get a deck you like. I spent mine on a booster and holy shit that was a horrible idea.

Until now I still haven't seen another15k silver coins. Currently on 10k.

And how does one add a friend

Also, deck editing is done at the left most button at the top
show more