forum

Osu!Noobs Tourney! [Standard] {Finished}

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
bokeru

NomegaG here!

I've been seeing lots of tournaments on osu recently and I thought to myself, Why are there so many high-end, really high competition tourneys, and not more.. Directed to newer player ones?

I'm here to fix all of that!

Starting this Sunday, I will have a weekly tourney dedicated to players who aren't the absolute best!
At 12 pm American-Eastern time on Sunday the 1st, I will be hosting...
The osu!Noobs Tourney!
This tourney is about players who have a competitive taste, but still cant compete against the likes of Rafis, or Black W0lf. This is a single person, Double Elimination Series of matches!

Requirements

You must:
  1. Be able to pass 4 Star Maps

1. Be in between #750,000 and #100,000 on the leaderboards!

The player hosting the match gets to pick their song first, and it must be within these guidelines.
- 1 to 2.75 star maps can have DT,HR,and HD, which is dependent on the map chooser.
- 2.8 to 3.2 star maps can have HR, and HD, which is dependent on the map chooser.
- 3.3 to 4.5 star maps can only have HD, which is dependent on the map chooser.
- They must ALL be ranked

Every round, the map chooser gets switched back and forth.
The first to 3 points wins that round and moves up, while the loser either gets eliminated or goes to the loser's bracket.

Sadly, There isn't prizes to give away since, well I can't afford any. Maybe in the future!

Alright, How do I sign up?

Well, You must:
Join our Tourney linked down a line:
https://challonge.com/vu9hzgwu
and join the discord server and enter your username on Challonge in the #general channel!
https://discord.gg/TtGpATY

Enjoy!!

Results

18 people participated!
The Winner is: IntactAbid!
Mio Winter
Nice! It is an osu!standard tournament? Is there a registration deadline? Will it be using ScoreV1 or ScoreV2? I'm asking so I can fill out correct information for the OTW. Goodluck hosting!
Nspecial163
Nice
Topic Starter
bokeru

Mio Winter wrote:

Nice! It is an osu!standard tournament? Is there a registration deadline? Will it be using ScoreV1 or ScoreV2? I'm asking so I can fill out correct information for the OTW. Goodluck hosting!

Score v1. It's standard. There's no deadline, unless its after the check in on the day of.
Majestic Gopher
So is there no set map pool? The host can just pick whatever they please?
Use
Misery
I'm very skeptic of this.

Not surprised if this is gonna disappear sooner or later.
Stupid Idiot
The problem with low end tourneys is that:

1. There is no tournament community within the low ranks, hence sign-up rate is really low
2. The amount of no-shows will forever be sky-high, provided that most simply played and signed up for fun

With those two reasons above, it really discourages community tournament organizers to pour in any effort for such tourneys.

If you can prove me wrong, and I sincerely hope that you do, please do. Good luck!
GreekStapler

Misery wrote:

I'm very skeptic of this.

Not surprised if this is gonna disappear sooner or later.

Espalza wrote:

1. There is no tournament community within the low ranks, hence sign-up rate is really low
2. The amount of no-shows will forever be sky-high, provided that most simply played and signed up for fun

With those two reasons above, it really discourages community tournament organizers to pour in any effort for such tourneys.

If you can prove me wrong, and I sincerely hope that you do, please do. Good luck!

It actually turned out pretty great, surprisingly. People signed in, it got competitive and there even was someone willing to stream it.
Topic Starter
bokeru

Espalza wrote:

Ahem. 18 people participated in this tourney, and everyone's ready for another one, so I wouldn't say that.
Stupid Idiot

NomegaG wrote:

Espalza wrote:

Ahem. 18 people participated in this tourney, and everyone's ready for another one, so I wouldn't say that.

Welp no biggie, I'm happy for you ^^
(tbh you're a first one to succeed out of the 2 years I've been around)
Mio Winter
Congrats! ^^

One of the lessons might be that Rapid tournaments (ones that start and finish in a single day/weekend, like the Rapid Monthly Redavor has been hosting) are easier to commit to, so chance of failure is lower. It's easier for players to know whether they'll be available for a single day.
show more