forum

2012 2vs.2Catch the Beat Cup[ExSpec Wins!]

posted
Total Posts
show more
VelperK

eldnl wrote:

But you're talking about Djpop's TAG4. Any other could be different ...
No. Check the TAG4s currently approved and you'll see that they all have a relatively small circle size and are quite slow, otherwise it wouldn't be understandable for 4 people.
Deif
It's funny to see how ppl who aren't playing against the best TAG players are complaining about a TAG4 map in the map list.

It's also funny that the same ones aren't complaining about staff members who are participating in the tourney, and they're choosing the songs of the map list too.

Nevertheless, I should add this (to shut some mouths too, I think):

If anybody wants the original pic, I'd be glad to provide it by PM... And now, let's keep on practicing all the songs!
eldnl

VelperK wrote:

eldnl wrote:

But you're talking about Djpop's TAG4. Any other could be different ...
No. Check the TAG4s currently approved and you'll see that they all have a relatively small circle size and are quite slow, otherwise it wouldn't be understandable for 4 people.
As far as I know TAG4 is not rankable since months ago D:
Anyways, this is a stupid discussion.
Nyan-Zapo
Yuki vs. Yakumo Tenshi 2:1

Match info: http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/3821951

Screens

note forgot to screen the last round o3o
Seph
I HATE TAG4 MAPS IF I WAS IN THE FINALS but no i never played the tourney so fuck me :D
Spectator
FantiCaCtusi vs. ExSpec

1 : 2

mp : http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/3831481

Krzysiek
Wow that was hot! gg
Plantifant
Was pretty close if I say myself...
But.. Karma decides lol
Good game and good luck next round guys ;)
CaCtus112
^indeed ;) i know you will win :P
Krzysiek

CaCtus112 wrote:

^indeed ;) i know you will win :P
...the 3rd place match :_>.
Krzysiek
VELPERAGE vs. Gelato overdose - Sunday at 16:00 GMT-3. 21:00 GMT+2

VELPERAGE 2 - 0 Gelato overdose
VELPERAGE wins.

mp history: http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/3835788

img:

gg
eldnl
lineqtxz
Chilean Rangers 2 vs Derp 0

mp history: http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/3836370

asd
Venlas_DELETED
Good game everyone xd

Sorry for quitting right after the match but my hand has hurt and I had to make a bandage for it... by myself xd

Sorry Rai for playing so bad ;-;
Raimon

Venlas wrote:

Good game everyone xd

Sorry for quitting right after the match but my hand has hurt and I had to make a bandage for it... by myself xd

Sorry Rai for playing so bad ;-;
I played worst... sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry D:
eldnl
I think everyone stink lol
Krzysiek
Dunno what's happening with CtB tourney right now (I believe we'll be playing against ExSpec), but I'll post it just in case:

Semifinals VELPERAGE vs ExSpec play time:
Sunday 10:00 GMT+9, Sunday 03:00 GMT+2, Saturday 22:00 GMT-3
Topic Starter
Weez
Ya you are, just got called in to work >.<
Topic Starter
Weez
Matches will be played next week due to me having personal issues that need resolving atm(money issues, personal health and well-being, and awhole lot more). I apologize greatly for this and hopefully things will clear up some bit and will allow me to come back by this weekend but if not I'll leave the tournament in the hands of someone else that is more than capable. This will be my last tournament as I'm going on hiatus from the game after this, giving up with CTB and possibly osu in all. I guarantee that this tournament will finish 2 weeks from Sunday.

Again I apologize for leaving everyone in the dark ;~; not fit to be a host no more
Deif

Weez wrote:

Matches will be played next week due to me having personal issues that need resolving atm(money issues, personal health and well-being, and awhole lot more). I apologize greatly for this and hopefully things will clear up some bit and will allow me to come back by this weekend but if not I'll leave the tournament in the hands of someone else that is more than capable. This will be my last tournament as I'm going on hiatus from the game after this, giving up with CTB and possibly osu in all. I guarantee that this tournament will finish 2 weeks from Sunday.

Again I apologize for leaving everyone in the dark ;~; not fit to be a host no more
Baka, the rest of the staff team can afford it if it's needed. Just poke us if you need help, cos this tourney has been delayed a lot of times.

Dunno if it'll be possible to make a good songlist choice by tomorrow, but I'll try to meet with the rest of the staff members if you allow us to go on with this (Though none of us is able to modify the OP to post the songs/times, meh).
Nyan-Zapo

Weez wrote:

patience is a virtue (is that correct? lol), so we will be able to wait...hope you get well and things in your rl done :3
Krzysiek
I hope you guys will manage to prepare map list as soon as possible (below 4 hrs?). There are circumstances making it impossible for us to play next week.

Well it's not like whole maplist is needed at once, you guys could give us first like 2-4 maps and let us train as soon as possible (I'm a learning type of player so it's damn vital for me to have TIME to prepare for maps).

If stuff's impossible, I want to move matches 2 weeks later, but that'd be anticlimatic ^_^.
VelperK

Deif wrote:

Weez wrote:

Baka, the rest of the staff team can afford it if it's needed. Just poke us if you need help, cos this tourney has been delayed a lot of times.

Dunno if it'll be possible to make a good songlist choice by tomorrow, but I'll try to meet with the rest of the staff members if you allow us to go on with this (Though none of us is able to modify the OP to post the songs/times, meh).
Inamaru could help with that I guess :>
Deif

Krzysiek wrote:

I hope you guys will manage to prepare map list as soon as possible (below 4 hrs?). There are circumstances making it impossible for us to play next week.

Well it's not like whole maplist is needed at once, you guys could give us first like 2-4 maps and let us train as soon as possible (I'm a learning type of player so it's damn vital for me to have TIME to prepare for maps).

If stuff's impossible, I want to move matches 2 weeks later, but that'd be anticlimatic ^_^.
It'll be impossible to do it in 4 hours, and you guys will need to practice all that stuff anyway.

If you cannot play next weekend, you can always do it on Friday, or any other day.

VelperK wrote:

Inamaru could help with that I guess :>
I wish he allows us to kidnap him for OP updates =]
VelperK

Deif wrote:

Krzysiek wrote:

It'll be impossible to do it in 4 hours, and you guys will need to practice all that stuff anyway.

If you cannot play next weekend, you can always do it on Friday, or any other day.
No, I can't.
Topic Starter
Weez
k well I have a semi complete song list. Deif can add the rest. As for the OP, I'll change it when I can
Deif

Semi-Finals

This round will consist on the best of 7 songs, so each team will have to choose 3 songs: one team first, then the other one, and so on. In case there's a tie (3-3), the tie-breaker song will be the chosen one.

MAPLIST:

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/47078 - CTB Collab
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/31750 - Sin
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/43027 - Thunderbolt
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/45671 - Deif's CTB
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/28705 - Chaos
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/43801 - Uncontrollable
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/43960 - Drafura's CtB Platter
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/46239 - Superable
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/29307 - Strongest Fairy
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/24611 - Aphotic (Tie-breaker)

MATCHES:

1: Chilean Rangers vs. Yuki: July 20th (Friday) 14:00pm GMT-4, 19:00pm GMT+1
2: VELPERAGE vs. ExSpec: July 22th (Sunday) 11:00 GMT+9, 4:00 GMT+2, 23:00 GMT-3

Good luck to the remaining teams, and good mental health!

@Captains: Talk each other to set a proper time for your matches. Deadline for matches: July 22nd (nevertheless, the quicker you play your matches, the quicker the Finals will be organized \o/)
Oswald
^ I think you mean best 4 out of 6 (or 7?) matches
Krzysiek
Yeah it's called Bo7, as it's best 4 of 7 games.

I'm sad to ask that after all the commotion, but is there possibility to allow our games to be played 2 weeks from now if Spectator can't come today?
Deif

Krzysiek wrote:

I'm sad to ask that after all the commotion, but is there possibility to allow our games to be played 2 weeks from now if Spectator can't come today?
I'm afraid not... Is there any possibility that Spectator is available to play in a non-weekend day?
Spectator

Deif wrote:

Krzysiek wrote:

I'm afraid not... Is there any possibility that Spectator is available to play in a non-weekend day?
I can play on non-weekend day too...

but maybe exgon can't :(
Krzysiek
There's little time, let's get organized.

Some facts:
- Spectator can't play in weekends between 10:00 - 18:00
- ExGon can't play from Monday to Friday (all hours?)
- VelperK can't play next week (whole week?)

My propositions
- July 16th (Monday) 23:00 GMT+9, 16:00 GMT+2, 11:00 GMT-3
- July 22th (Sunday) 23:00 GMT+9, 16:00 GMT+2, 11:00 GMT-3
- July 22th (Sunday) 08:00 GMT+9, 01:00 GMT+2, (Saturday) 20:00 GMT-3

Velps, ExGon, Spectator please write which options are okay for you and if they are only a little bad then adjust them. We are really unfortunate about upcoming week and need to solve it as soon as possible.
Spectator

Krzysiek wrote:

Some facts:

My propositions

Velps, ExGon, Spectator please write which options are okay for you and if they are only a little bad then adjust them. We are really unfortunate about upcoming week and need to solve it as soon as possible.

is okay for us...
ExGon

Krzysiek wrote:

Some facts:

My propositions

Spectator wrote:

is okay for us...
Krzysiek
OK so we don't play today/tomorrow. I'll take care of health during this time ^_^. If 22th is not good with Velper then we'll continue searching.
Nitojgrem
Oh gawd.... three days not at home and the tourny looks... on the first look like a mess q.q ... Well, but it seems you guys handle that great... :D
VelperK
I come back this saturday evening/night so if I were to accept the other times both ExGon and Spectator accorded, I wouldn't have any time to train whatsoever and I really want a fair match this time.

EDIT: apparentely I travel this tuesday, opening the possibility of playing the monday; though I don't know if ExSpec agrees...
Spectator

VelperK wrote:

I come back this saturday evening/night so if I were to accept the other times both ExGon and Spectator accorded, I wouldn't have any time to train whatsoever and I really want a fair match this time.

EDIT: apparentely I travel this tuesday, opening the possibility of playing the monday; though I don't know if ExSpec agrees...
Exgon can't play on monday~friday :o
Krzysiek
Semifinals VELPERAGE vs ExSpec play time:
Spectator
ExSpec vs. VELPERAGE

- July 22th (Sunday) 11:00 GMT+9, 4:00 GMT+2, 23:00 GMT-3
show more