forum

Moving/snapping bookmarks

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +11
Topic Starter
lolcubes
Hi!

I want request this, because I find it very annoying for bookmarks to be "offbeat". While this doesn't have a direct impact on the map or the gameplay, I do use bookmarks for exact timelines for my own purposes (dividing sections for example), and when you realize your offset could be better so you change it, bookmarks become off. It looks silly in edit mode as well.

Example how I use bookmarks (I bet some people actually use it for hitsound patterns, cause I did see that in the past, so the hitsounding easier/harder diffs is consistent and easier to do):

A simple solution like "move all bookmarks by X ms" (doesn't have to be all, but a list where we have them could be provided so we select which ones we want to move) like we have for timing sections is something I would really like to see.

Thanks!
Kite
Support, it's a good idea and a nice feature to have.
YGOkid8
i swear this is already a feature /me checks

EDIT: huh, i guess not then. support.
IceBeam
yeah,that's wise
support
Gabi
I use bookmarks pretty much like you, splitting up parts just where the music changes etc... And i was also quite annoyed about this, but in the end, does it really matter that much? Even if you hit the Previous/Next bookmark, you will still get to the part where you want it to be. Not perfectly on the beat, but atleast at the part you want to be, and a quick touch on the scrollwheel fixes it fast anyway ;)

That said, i wouldn't mind seeing a future like this.
Suimya
wow i liked this idea too :3
+support ~
Topic Starter
lolcubes

Gabi wrote:

I use bookmarks pretty much like you, splitting up parts just where the music changes etc... And i was also quite annoyed about this, but in the end, does it really matter that much? Even if you hit the Previous/Next bookmark, you will still get to the part where you want it to be. Not perfectly on the beat, but atleast at the part you want to be, and a quick touch on the scrollwheel fixes it fast anyway ;)

That said, i wouldn't mind seeing a future like this.
You can use bookmarks to mark which notes have hitsounds and you can export that data somewhere to see the exact timelines of hitsounds. If they are off (well a small offset shift won't hurt that much, but a bpm change will make them close to useless) you can't do it properly.
:D

But thanks for the support, I would really like to see something like this if possible.
theowest
Resnap bookmarks? Which you should be able to do with inherited timing sections too.
TheVileOne
Do you think we could have a way to insert unsnapped bookmarks too? I have to use green lines to aid me when I'm timing. I think bookmarks would be better suited, but they snap automatically upon placement.
theowest
add while you play, that will make them unsnapped.
blissfulyoshi
Since I really want to move the bookmarks in my collab after I changed my offset, bumping this thread.
YGOkid8

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Since I really want to move the bookmarks in my collab after I changed my offset, bumping this thread.

if you adjust offset from timing menu, that would work fine~
but i agree that moving and snapping bookmarks need to be more versatile
theowest
Here's a related and useful request t/8527/