Summer Tranquility osu! Tournament
- This is an international, Score v2, 2v2 osu! Standard tournament
- The rank bracket for this tournament is 50K-20K Worldwide. You must meet this threshold upon signup, however after signing up, you will be allowed a 1,000 rank maximum deviation from this limit. Anything past that will remove you from the tournament immediately.
- There will be a maximum of 64 Teams. Only the highest ranked teams by PP will participate in the event of an overflow.
- This will be a double elimination tournament, meaning teams that are eliminated will proceed to the losers bracket. The winner of the losers bracket will proceed to face the finalists of the winners’ bracket.
- There is not a group stage or qualifier's bracket.
- Players will need to have a maximum skill level of passing a 5.4-5.8 star map. Most maps will be at least 4.5 stars.
- Every match will be best of five, until the semi-finals, where the matches will be best of seven.
- There will be a warm up before every match, each team may pick one song. If both teammates fail on a warm up map, that map is over and the host will either be passed over to the other team, or the tournament will start. Either team can opt to skip a warm up if they prefer. The warm up may not be longer than 5:00, and must be a map with Ranked or Approved status only.
- Joining and remaining in the Discord server is a mandatory requirement for participation. Do not leave until after the tournament is finished, or else you risk disqualification.
Rough Beginning Schedule:
- Player Signups Begin: June 27th, 2018
- Player Signups End: July 20th, 2018.
- Seeding Ended, bracket released: July 20th, 2018.
- First matches begin: August 11th
Who doesn't love prizes right?
- The winning team will receive one year of osu! supporter between the two teammates.
- The runner-ups, AKA 2nd place, will receive six months of osu! supporter between the two teammates.
- Finally, the third place team will be awarded two months of osu! supporter between the two teammates.
Paste the following format into the Discord's #team-signups chat channel with nothing else:
Team Name: <Team Name>
Participants: <osu! Username AND RANK of Captain>, <Player 2 and PLAYER 2’S RANK>
Combined PP: <sum of both your PP’s added together>
Country: <Country or Countries>
Time Zone: <+/- both players' local time in UTC> (Example: UTC +5, UTC -2)
More information can be found in this Google Doc!