forum

What do you do when you just can't seem to fc or pass maps

posted
Total Posts

What would you do?

Keep playing until pass or fc.
18.86%
Forget about it for now and come back after a random period of time.
52.86%
DoubleTime + Relax GOGOGO!
2.02%
Cry and hang around the chat.
1.68%
Flip table/ punch wall/ smash pc and throw out the window etc..
14.48%
I'm too pro and I never encounter such problems.
5.72%
Others ( please state :3)
4.38%
Total votes: 297
show more
Mismagius
vote 1 on the map and rage on the thread like everyone else!!!!

no, not really

get fucking mad and swear at everyone in #pt then getting laughed at because anyone can do that map ;_;
Raging Bull
depends on map. Usually maps I think are fun I spend a good amount of time trying to FC. If it's something I hate, I just come back later (or never)
XK2238
Depends on the map (no, not really though) and the time (between morning and evening).

If I D'ed a diff, I'll try to C it, but if it's too hard, I'll play another song with similar level. If I C'ed it, I'll try to B it. If I B'ed it, I'll try to A it. If I A'ed it, I'll try to S it, but if it takes too long I'll go on another song.

But I sometimes go beast in the morning, no matter what map it is (as long as it's not too far from my current skill). Lol. xD
Jordan
"Keep playing until pass or fc"
Pizzicato
drink coke and try again. If i really can't, screw the map.
Aoko

- Pizzicato - wrote:

drink coke and try again. If i really can't, screw the map.
Agree. Or, in my opinion, I just play it again, and again, and again, and if bored and too lazy, I'mma leave the map and be back to it later.
If I still can't after a few days/weeks/months, screw the map.
Swatty

Drexel13 wrote:

Try it again and again and again and again...
until I pass or 'till my hands tired.. :3
Liut

xRayne wrote:

I wanted two options :v

aRtii-
uninstall osu

SPOILER
JAKACHAN
Too pro it never happens /flex.

Lol jk usually I end up getting really close to beating it I miss then try like 10 more times then I rage to BD and BD responds with Y CAN I NO ACCURACY!?
Satonaka
Play it everyday and gradually beating my old scores until I get an fc. Otherwise, "Forget about it for now and come back after a random period of time."
Stefan
"Flip table/ punch wall/ smash pc and throw out the window etc.."
"Cry and hang around the chat."
"Forget about it for now and come back after a random period of time."
"Trying again until pass or fc."
"Flip table/ punch wall/ smash pc and throw out the window etc.."
"Trying again until pass or fc."
"Win \ :D /"

Yep.
Drafura
Other : I smoke a cig then I FC it. (yeah I smoke too much xD)
Remilia--_old
Since I get really annoyed if I hear a song over & over I just play it some other time after getting it out of my head.
hinamizawan
I play another map which I can FC, if not, repeat. Damn old 2007-early2010 beatmaps :<
Badis
I take a potato chip...and eat it !!!
NeoRainier

Then suddenly...1pc and FC.
Just a second to think about the retries i did the first period i tried it......
Tom69_old

xRayne wrote:

I wanted two options :v

^this.

Depends on HOW impossible to pass / FC it is for me. If I know I can do it I usually play it until I managed to. Sometimes took about 100 tries in a row (like mad machine. that was reeeeally frustrating with those 1/8 kickslider-breaks).
Lunah
Doubletime it > Fail > Closing osu!
Kyonko Hizara
Either keep playing til I fc, or wait a couple hours and come back to it
emonite
I'm too pro and I never encounter such problems. (I WANT TO BE LIKE THAT!)
I will either keep playing until I fc because I think I have a chance.If I think I don't have a chance,I will skip to the next map then come back.
Kurokami
If I know I able to fc it, I keep trying. If I know I will not able to fc it, I try to get as many score as I can and retrying later for fc, but if it the rank is below S I will just skip that map or diff. Damn that old maps, I dunno what maps I had when I started to play with osu! and because of this, my % is so low and have too many A. ._.
Laharl
Oh, that reminds me of NH22 - Corrosion - [Lunatic]. I know I am able to do it but it does not work every time I try. So i try it again later. That goes for most of the maps.
Dasiel_old
You might not belive me but sometimes I ask my mother to help me with the map. She's not the best player around but she plays osu with me and sometimes she can FC maps that I can't.
Topic Starter
-Athena-

is that onizuka @__@? XDXDXDXD
lololol i should get my mom to try it
M i l o t i c
watch cookiezi's Replay of that map
ychao

Dasiel wrote:

You might not belive me but sometimes I ask my mother to help me with the map. She's not the best player around but she plays osu with me and sometimes she can FC maps that I can't.
Well... this is a first.

I voted for the second option. No need to agonize myself over something that will come in time.
friendok
i'm too carefree and i never encounter these problems because i don't need to try or have any need to fc anything

2years osu experience OKAS !
Cygnus
It depends. As long as I don't break my acc, a miss or something would be fine. D:
Meowcenaries
usually I encounter on Another/insane diffs. Above 190 BPM, so i just go down to Hard/Hyper diff.
thelewa

Although lately I've realized that this is a game that's supposed to be fun and challenging, not just challenging. And that constant whining makes me seem really pathetic.
Kurokami

ragelewa wrote:

Yeah XD
ReVeNg3r
angry....smash everything...cry....yell.....scold§

))) don´t be affraid :P
vantadyne
Leave it for awhile and practice till I get it. I haven't been able to fc some maps for 2 years now but I'm slowly improving.
Boom
Mark in FavoriteB.
Then play it again next time.
Anzo
Taking a break, then probably I'll FC it next time I play the map.
But If I didn't FC it again, uhhh... play another map...
Madoka_Kaname_old
i smash my keyboard and throw my fucking mouse across the room
Kurokami

Madoka_Kaname wrote:

This way is working too. xd
ReVeNg3r

Madoka_Kaname wrote:

lol....how big your room is ? :D
AkiShizuha
;_; or hit the table so hard that my poor GK fell over.....
this only happens when I tried several times but still got some silly mistakes. Otherwise I'll just keep trying, or just put it there if it's too hard for me :cry:
show more