forum

[Proposal - osu!taiko] no double BPM at <= 75 BPM

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
tatatat
Here is what I propose to add to the rules section of the osu!taiko ranking criteria:

You must not double the BPM of songs at or below 75 BPM for the purpose of fixing bar lines. This behavior has been fixed and this workaround is no longer necessary.

I propose this because after the recent update to osu!

Many people will not be aware of the change, and will needlessly double the BPM and half SVs. Even if they are aware of the change, they may try and push maps already made in double BPM style to rank. If you have any suggestions for rewording this proposal, or moving it to guidelines, please speak up! Thank you! If you think this addition to the ranking criteria is pointless, speak up as well!
Mir
im no taiko guy but if it's fixed we can just remove it from the RC cant we? if so i dont think theres any need to discuss whether or not to reword/move to guidelines or whatnot
Topic Starter
tatatat

Mir wrote:

im no taiko guy but if it's fixed we can just remove it from the RC cant we? if so i dont think theres any need to discuss whether or not to reword/move to guidelines or whatnot
It was never specifically in the ranking criteria. It was sort of a... hidden rule. If people still follow that rule, they'll be pointlessly doubling the BPM of the map, and tricking players into thinking they are playing a faster map.
Mir
oh i misread then, sorry.
Okoratu
the reason for this being done was removed from the game
i dont see the point in adding this, it adds nothing apart from telling people to not fix non-issues
Topic Starter
tatatat

Okoratu wrote:

the reason for this being done was removed from the game
i dont see the point in adding this, it adds nothing apart from telling people to not fix non-issues
yes that would be the point of this.
Lumenite-
what okorin said, there's no reason to add this to the criteria since there's no longer any issue to avoid
Topic Starter
tatatat

incandescence wrote:

what okorin said, there's no reason to add this to the criteria since there's no longer any issue to avoid
hmm okay. I've been thoroughly convinced. Archive this please.
pishifat
~