forum

Assassin's Creed 3

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Athena-

Yes, yes please.. JUST SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!
SereneMidnight
About damn time there was another continuation of AC that isn't Ezio. Can't wait for it~
Dieathan
Finally! I really like Ezio and all but I feel as though it was time for ACIII to be officially revealed. From what the trailer shows, it looks good.
Vish024
Hmm, looks promising. I know the entire series has had countless flaws and plot holes but you have to concede that the developers and team behind the storyline are doing a relatively brilliant job of intertwining the story and conflict with history. This appears to be the time of American revolutionary war to me, for independence from Britain.
Mashley
ubisoft design meeting
'Hey guys how can we drag out the main series arc even more?'
Topic Starter
-Athena-

Mashley wrote:

ubisoft design meeting
well they did say this game was gonna end Desmond's part of the story
Mashley
I'd be very surprised if it gave a satisfactory conclusion considering the way the series has been going and the focus of the marketing... yearly releases are the strongest way to ruin a game's rep.
Topic Starter
-Athena-

Mashley wrote:

I'd be very surprised if it gave a satisfactory conclusion considering the way the series has been going and the focus of the marketing... yearly releases are the strongest way to ruin a game's rep.
well at least the yearly releases aren't a new 5 hour campaign and slight enhancements only(points at an fps in particular)
and this from what i've heard has been in development for the last 3 years, they'll be using a new engine
but yeah i do agree every main ac has ended with a cliffhanger.. they never answer everything and frankly i think they cant.. too many questions
PaiYuri
There will be a lot of changes, apparently. And instead of buildings, trees will be used as "main parcour objects". It's like they want to make the jump from AC2 to AC3 just as the big as the jump from AC to AC2. And while I don't really find the setting appealing and I'm skeptical about the gameplay changes, I'm curious how they will pull it off.

Whether and how they'll end the story... well, I'd lie if I say that I care. I don't find the main story interesting at all and since they introduced the nonsense with the precursors, I even somewhat dislike it. The actual stories of the individual games is more much more interesting. Especially since Desmond is, unlike Altair and Ezio (and Connor most likely too), completely boring, just as the other modern characters.
Mashley

-A t H e N a- wrote:

they'll be using a new engine
'New engine' these days means a slightly improved version of the old one. Don't get me wrong I like this series but I'm just finding it hard to get excited about this new one.
Vish024

Mashley wrote:

ubisoft design meeting
I have to agree there, we've only seen something somewhat satisifactory in the ending of the last game, and even that wasn't entirely terrific. Desmond still appears to have no noticeable personality, and now we've been bizarrely introduced to Lucy's substitute. Desmond's dad, was it? Brilliant. I hope they at least attempt to conclude the series with this one, there's only so long it can go.

One thing I do admire about the series is its emphasis on single player, on the story itself and not the multi. Games are too geared towards multiplayer these days.
Topic Starter
-Athena-
To me i think the series would have done better without being set in the future at all, or maybe yes set in the future but we won't know it until one of the last games, takes away the surprise and gives too may things to focus on.

also tree climbing seems to have taken priority here, and the number of people animated on screen at the same time can reach 1000 now(not sure about this one, but i think you get the point), so at least that's something

and yes LaVolpe i really dislike games that should be multiplayer only but come out with a very short campaign just to warrant that 60USD price tag
emonite
Not very excited due to yearly release?Hmm...I "think" there is a series called Ca** of Du** (worried that I will be flamed by the fans) that does that everytime WITHOUT fail.The best 'sequel' of the series is Assassin Creed 2 because it evolved from Assassin Creed so much that I simply go :!: but the recent releases is only improving combat and minor things,I accept that since those aren't really a sequel/prequel release.I sincerely hope Assassin's Creed 3 will be the 'breaking point' of the series.I don't mind Assassin's Creed 3 being the last one because if they go any further,it will be called 'milking the series' unless they can make it better which is near impossible...
Dieathan
I overall liked the amount of improvement in ACII from ACI and while I still also like Brotherhood and Revelations, despite really only making small changes each time, it's probably best they leap into ACIII with plenty of changes, improvements and new ideas to keep the series fresh.
At least hopefully Desmond will seem less bland and generic in ACIII. I mean, thank God for Revelations giving him a back story if anything.
mega_mac
I can't wait the latest assasin creeds.... 8-)