forum

[resolved] Game keeping lagging and crashing in the beatmap selection

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
realy0_
Problem Details:

when i am selecting a beatmap, my game keeps laggy and freeze a lot (the songs previews became glitchy by repeating themselves and fps drop from 240 to around ~90-130), making my game crash/quit multiples times. when i select a song in the editor, the problem can persist for multiples minutes until it resolves itself.
restarting osu! or my pc doesn't help to get rid of this problem.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

it often show any kind of this message
"System.OutOfMemoryException: Une exception de type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' a été levée."

osu! version: 20180626.1 (latest)
shiyuri
<deleted>
Topic Starter
realy0_
these lags just pop recently for me, nothing went wrong until now
shiyuri
<deleted>
Topic Starter
realy0_
well i updated recently my pc but this already happen before i update my windows. i got this problem randomly by downloading a normal beatmap i just don't know why.
Death
Are you running a lot of applications in the background? You never answered this after Shiyuri asked in their first post. Try closing anything you don't need to have open in order for your computer to work properly.
Topic Starter
realy0_
there is only Google Chrome and discord running in the background when playing. nothing changes when i have nothing than osu itself, it still laggy in the beatmap selection
Death
Is it only laggy during beatmap section?

If you are able to, group your beatmaps By Difficulty on the beatmap selection screen and check to see if there is a large amount of maps that are under the "Not yet calculated" section.
Topic Starter
realy0_
yea it only happens in the beatmap selection, the rest function well without getting lags.
in the not yet calculated, there is anything looking wrong :
Topic Starter
realy0_
bump
ya i still try to find why, this problem happen exclusively in the beatmap selection and nothing else. it lags for like 5 min and it stops for like any reasons (regardless the numbers of maps). refreshing the beatmaps restart the problem.
and when looking in the task manager when i am in the beatmap selection, the memory usage is extremely inconsistant (it uses from 15% to 25% and when it doesn't lag, it goes around 20%).
Topic Starter
realy0_
ok, it fixed somehow by deleting the beatmap in the screenshot cuz apparently it got corrupted for some reason with a object placement (and that beatmap can't be opened in the editor)