show more
Toi
Nightcore, RnB & rap. :D
dennischan
Death metal.
absolutely hate it.
cause there's no melody at all.
Lanturn
There really isn't any type of music I dislike. There are a few songs, but not enough to actually hate the genre over.

yay for being able to listen to everything <3
Kodora
any kind of breakcore
Nekuro
Slow boring songs
P3RXG
Soul, R&B, Most Country, Death Metal, Justin Bieber and more...
Arkuski
I am from /mu/ and I actually enjoy all kinds of music. Seriously what is wrong with me
Shirotsu
Most rap, most country, and pretty much all of the modern pop(ish) songs.
tokaku
Screaming and noises
Ayaya

Natteke wrote:

most black rap and rnb
shoot, stole my answer >.>

BUT YES, those so called "rap" song that has nothing to do with but xxx, drugs, and money.
Just terrible, plain terrible
lukinhox
Anything related to metal, Rap, Country and Brazilian songs.
[ Stellar ]
I can't stand dubstep.....
But I like everything else ( am very open person ).
Erikkie
I love these threads on any website because 80% of the posts are just country and rap, heh. For me it's...I don't even know what it is. I guess Owl City type stuff where it's a male singer who has a really whiny type voice. Owl City isn't even the best example, but I can't remember any others right now.
Revion
Romance song. I hateful being fall in love with or think of someone, because I love friendship rather than relationship. :3
TakuMii
There are songs I hate in every genre, so nothing really specific. I can handle a lot of mainstream stuff that other people seem to hate though (1Direction, JBiebs, etc).
AegisFTW
Breakcore (Not all, since I personally love Venetian Snares, aside from his giant meh discography.)
Any kind of music that is nearly or completely exclusive with western instruments, or popular instruments in general, so Rock, Punk, Metal, Alternative, Pop, Folk, Orchestral...
Almost all jazz, but free jazz is fine.
Lyrics, don't hate them, but don't really care or prefer them, samples are fine and even great sometimes though.
2nd wave IDM
Any House, Dubstep(old and new), Jump up DnB, Trance, Ambient(I like SAW from Aphex Twin though), Chiptune, Electro Swing.
Noise, typically wall noise, and Merzbow, though some noise tracks and even drone make excellent background noise Hue Hue
99% of my music library in Osu, I only tolerate it all because I want to git gud and have fun with what I have.

Aside from that list, this can easily change and I probably missed a few.
neonat
One Direction
ForestRunner

Erikkie wrote:

I love these threads on any website because 80% of the posts are just country and rap, heh. For me it's...I don't even know what it is. I guess Owl City type stuff where it's a male singer who has a really whiny type voice. Owl City isn't even the best example, but I can't remember any others right now.
Same. That whiny voice is so annoying.

Boy Bands like Big Time Rush or One Direction
Beatles
Mariachi music
Modern Rap
Miku(and 80% of the other Vocaloids)
Anything mainstream

ForestRunner wrote:

Erikkie wrote:

For me it's...I don't even know what it is. I guess Owl City type stuff where it's a male singer who has a really whiny type voice. Owl City isn't even the best example, but I can't remember any others right now.
Same. That whiny voice is so annoying.
Owl City isn't even close to whiny if you've ever heard of songs by Savage Garden or Vitas, but once you accept the setup you may find 'em attractive in some way _(:з」∠)_
There's also a group of guys playing female roles in Beijing Opera, and they're pretty much singing just like girls, part of the reason is that girls are not allowed to leave their homes till around 100 yrs ago in China, so they have to use male actors.

For me... I can't say for sure, I wanna say rap, but there's still a bunch of raps that I feel like pretty good; and I wanna say dubstep, but there's also a bunch that I actually love, so it's pretty hard to conclude, maybe generally I'm negative on these genres, and I just need to select more carefully from 'em.

Edit: I just remembered that I actually have a blacklist... including Nicki Minaj, Justin Bieber, Drake, Lil Wayne, stuff like that.
BeatofIke
Anything that sounds generic to my ears! I don't really have a specific genre I dislike.
It really depends on how the music plays!
Seikunai
I don't know why but I hate songs like Royals by Lorde. I also hate JB songs.

On the other hand, I like songs by 1D, I don't know why.
Naikaze

silmarilen wrote:

anything thats mainstream right now
Basically this

Or maybe I'm just bored of listening to them over and over again because the media keeps playing them
TacticalBacon
fuckin' pop metal hybrid shit that has been popping up around recently
Sentient_DELETED
Breakcore~
Remonwater
I like classical, piano and some jpop/kpop. I hate anything chaotic or too high pitched like nightcore or screamo
ACBlackJ0ck
Though I don't mind rock, I don't like a lot of Metal. There's some bands I like . Though I'm not a fan of heavy metal and I don't understand how one can like Death metal or Screamo
EineKrone
Some Brazillian music i simply can't stand(forró, melody(a pará thing, look gaby amarantos(warning: visual kei is less flashy.), 'sertanejo universitário'(teen country? these days it has been mixed with techno, funk(a cousin of rap)... :o ). I will get up and exit the place if possible. :roll:
Then it's some screamo(There are styles of gutural, and for me the worst is the one screamo vocalists use. Too high, rough, i even feel bad for their vocal chords...), extreme death metal(i do enjoy some illdisposed, but probably that's the heavier i go), and women singing lyrical(i love some classical music, love tenors, but with women singing it hurts my ears(literally almost). Lyrical training is fantastic(Within Temptation singer, wow '-'), but on opera i feel like there's too much vibrato, too high.

On mild grounds are dubstep(useful on some moments(dubstep ignite 'em!)), black metal(there is 1 in a million chance that there's a band which makes somenthing worth hearing, mostly ambiental/folkish stuff. Else i pass.), current pop(not my cup, i don't hate), k-pop(too catchy, in a bad way)but i do enjoy watching them dancing. perrrrrv

I don't follow any tribe or lineages, so i don't care much for 'true metal'/'mainstream' w/e, what i like is what has some characteristics which i like, so i can go from emancipator to wintersun.
Not in the same sitting, if i'm listening to one i surely won't be in the mood for the other. Gotta shift gears first '-'
Nathanael
I hate rap, screamo, and whatever similar to that. x.x
Toxicbrony
I hate Rap and Hiphop

My heart beats for Metal and its countless subgenres
RyuukiBeat
I hate rap / reggae. Other that genre i think i like it.
-Hiromi-
I hate most of the recent music
it has no point and just says random inappropriate stuff
I also hate dubstep
this is why I mainly listen to vocaloid :P
renatodias
I have a few genres I don't like.
-BR Funk;
-BR Country;
-Mainstream music(One Direction Justin Bieber and some of the crap that is popular today*)
-International Rap/Hip Hop;
-Just Dance/Dance Central/DJ Hero OSTs;
-Sped up songs, called Nightcores by you guys;
*:Except Victoria Justice, some Televisa soaps openings;
BR=Brazil/Brazilian.
cuzzurie
Here in Argentina and like other countries in south america we have a music style call 'Cumbia'. Is ugly as fuck and is always the same rhythm. I also hate songs in spanish I know is my language is just I don't like them.
Spec_old_1
i'm open to anything that isn't fangirled over by pre pubescent teens
MinaminaF

tonyzore wrote:

[lucky:1337]Justin Bieber[/lucky:1337]
I follow you, tonyzore! :lol:
Rumby
Mainstream music... Then Rap/hip-hop that their lyrics means nothing ( as Yo Yo Cash, F word, drugs money Yo Yo sex-related words, you know what kind of songs I mean.). Even if I'm not a fan of Rap, I do like a song that has meaningfull lyrics.
Blueprint
Dubstep, one ok rock linked horizon sword art online pika girl
Ven
I dislike rap music because most of it is all about smoking weed and fucking bitches.

Also shitty pop music, especialy the sogs that have rap parts in them to make them appeal to rap fans.
Ikikaera
Rap, any German music, screamo metal, Pop and many other similar genres and anything by skrillex.
I don't hate any genre if it's Japanese music with female vocals though.
Meowcenaries
I don't really hate any, but my least favourite would have to be country. Just... never my taste.
show more