forum

[invalid] Osu! File Extraction Help.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Blifaloo
I extracted everything in Osu! I searched through all of what I extracted and found these MOV files. I am really curious as to what they're suppose to do because they have no video on them. Also I noticed that when you open it up in notepad that if you scroll down alot it looks like encrypted text:

ŽÉ =‡™¢vRy:ìÁìé1ãÐDU4[È)Ž·+øÈ(Ëã튗ßy‘ße^ÖI?XÀ}ã‚FðÇê <!2Nš#*ìâ‘öfW–§0Œ1ÿ‡–= ê YÅþrñàÿõ_Jà' ¿TsôÈ^x «|3"Sf˪Ÿgs¬g-óâiJJ\Ý”Y®Ï?Ò'ß»ÉSCÁPgKµYCMëawøÜe˜Î*H5ªòV+’´ÒKP}¦§½¾»Àu]"oÃRÍ”EØ•©k-¿DXýï’®O|ऊtØÃ/^Q)*ìíÇÊ¡4‚Xº¾,»b! b£(†þ³4›Ö“h91•Ñk‘ö:¥¯X4Œ'‹Ä_h‰11hf9t§˜`ᢷ¼kø…}ËÖ¶¿,ë#Ì1õ>¬Ôá>ªD êÐ[GµNŒXÛà<H\Y)ÿA0óö:½+`½»Æ¨ä¶Ìv‚htõÎr™]ŽzNh§žÜ=y³:¬x(©¢É)»*„'Ž®­ŽOU§S(é1¾ü“ˆÈÓóÅ#æ êÍj)…¼F¬ª#]¾ñejaÒ*µ¡‰‰D?m¦C6Âu·+âܤï$khÑ$¬ýÉî²ÌµX’ ůoUS°.àê,Ì”î.5$15Á»T~Pí,.ÍJÒè¯Wü‚à È9ƒï³,ëTobHïæ,áüosu}½,ÕžåÛ)P™®¿<Y®¨íó`V,\z$}’

That is just a chunk of text from the MOV. I don't really know what I'm doing. If you have an explanation for this please comment below and explain it.

Photo of Movs:
Death
What exactly were you trying to extract and why?

Non text-based files are not meant to be opened in a text editor, that's just what is looks like when you do, nothing special is going on.
Topic Starter
Blifaloo

Death wrote:

What exactly were you trying to extract and why?

Non text-based files are not meant to be opened in a text editor, that's just what is looks like when you do, nothing special is going on.

If it were an actual mov it would've uploaded.
https://support.google.com/youtube/troubleshooter/2888402?visit_id=1-636654060648365899-2434758974&hl=en&rd=1

Also this was found in Osu! So there must be a reason why they are there.
Get someone who developed the game.
Death

Death wrote:

What exactly were you trying to extract...

Extracting something that wasn't meant to be extracted by whatever random program you used probably won't have good results. Even if the file type is mov, that doesn't mean it will work properly.
Topic Starter
Blifaloo

Death wrote:

Death wrote:

What exactly were you trying to extract...

Extracting something that wasn't meant to be extracted by whatever random program you used probably won't have good results. Even if the file type is mov, that doesn't mean it will work properly.

Like I said please get someone who has developed the game to go over this.
MillhioreF
Hi, I've worked on the game. There are no .mov files in the game's code whatsoever, which means that your extraction program misidentified some file formats. These are all random bits of data from various bits in the game's code, and may be valid files for things like hitsounds incorrectly named .mov, or may be totally invalid files (like the 430 MB file - the entirety of osu! is less than 430 MB so I have no idea where it came from)

Beyond that I'm uncertain. File extraction from the game data isn't supported at all, so some issues are to be expected.
Topic Starter
Blifaloo

MillhioreF wrote:

Hi, I've worked on the game. There are no .mov files in the game's code whatsoever, which means that your extraction program misidentified some file formats. These are all random bits of data from various bits in the game's code, and may be valid files for things like hitsounds incorrectly named .mov, or may be totally invalid files (like the 430 MB file - the entirety of osu! is less than 430 MB so I have no idea where it came from)

Beyond that I'm uncertain. File extraction from the game data isn't supported at all, so some issues are to be expected.

The program I am using extracted every thing. Exes, Dlls etc... These mov files came from the osu! directory, I am sure that these are actually in the game.

I used MultiExtractor.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-A1Lg_502qz7PlX0u2DWwYCPYLm9h13z/view?usp=sharing <-- All the movs
Flanster
No, there are no MOV files in the game whatsoever. It is just the program incorrectly detecting, usually means the extraction has failed with unexpected results / dummy data. I'm not sure what the purpose of this thread is. osu! doesn't have hidden movies inside, this extractor program is a phony.
Topic Starter
Blifaloo

Flanster wrote:

No, there are no MOV files in the game whatsoever. It is just the program incorrectly detecting, usually means the extraction has failed with unexpected results / dummy data. I'm not sure what the purpose of this thread is. osu! doesn't have hidden movies inside, this extractor program is a phony.

I am very sorry. I didn't think about it but it could've been some files from skins or songs. Also it isn't a phony I used it to skin some things you cant skin in Osu!. Thanks for the reply's.
show more