0.00%
start streams with right finger - accuracy 92% or higher
25.00%
start streams with left finger - accuracy 91% or lower
25.00%
Total votes: 12
Topic Starter
Crayfry
Hello, I've been trying to improve on osu! since 2 weeks ago and I started different combinations of playing. For example, I would play with different key bindings, different fingers, different finger ordering and so on.

I created this post to understand the player bases' ingame accuracy just based on what fingers you use. This will help me understand how people play and possibly let me become the best I can be in this game.

Go ahead and vote on the poll for this discussion.
Everyone gets 2 votes for tapping and streaming.
My Angel Jeremy
wtf I alternate
ManuelOsuPlayer
This makes no sense. Also finger used dosn't matter.
abraker

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

This makes no sense. Also finger used dosn't matter.
It can make sense if accuracy is not explicit. The correct question would concern what the player's preference is. Accuracy would be better when using the play style the player is used to, and because of that, what the op did is a bit wrong in regards to asking accuracy along with their preference.

That said,

@Crayfry Your poll is lacking no preference in starting finger because not all players have a finger bias when alternating or tapping. Some players start with whatever fingers feels best at the time.

start streams with right finger - accuracy 92% or higher
start streams with left finger - accuracy 91% or lower
^ these is also be confusing for some because it takes a bit of thinking to figure out that it implies alternating

Going of all of that, I suggest the options be:
  • single tap with right finger
    single tap with left finger
    single tap with no finger preference
    alternate with right starting finger
    alternate with left starting finger
    alternate with no starting finger preference
E m i
tapping hand is left, middle + index

singletap 99.9% of the time with middle, pretty random alt (not even above a certain bpm or something i just alt kinda random, slow patterns more often than medium bpm patterns)

almost no singletap above 300bpm unless it's for fun/practice

300-360bpm is mostly wrist alt
360+bpm is mostly "kinda stream" alt
for both of them i start with middle 60% of the time as the preference comes into life less often (because when "195bpm streams" play like 390bpm jumps the reading becomes different)

start streams 90% of the time with middle if they're separate streams with a gap between them

start streams 70% of the time with middle if it's a "segmented" stream with a slider to hold down between the segments or something

99.27% acc

here, i didn't need the poll -_-
show more