forum

Remove Flashlight and Hidden Score multiplier from taiko Mod

posted
Total Posts

Your opinion about "remove taiko Hid/FL score multiplier" ?

Yes
34.98%
No
36.25%
Remove-Flashlight only
28.78%
Total votes: 629
show more
NeoRainier

XK2238 wrote:

NeoRainier wrote:

PPS: HD+HR is impossible, unless there's a x0.75 or lower SV (or the bpm are really low)
Not impossible if you can kill your time by progressively remembering all the notes AS you go with each play.
Well, in that way it's just HD+FL v2.0
XK2238

NeoRainier wrote:

Well, in that way it's just HD+FL v2.0
Or you can try playing with the ultimate HD+FL discovered by me. :3
TURN THE MONITOR OFF! ASDFGHJKL

This post is out of topic. Well, at least I posted.
PuchiPuriYuushi
Please don't.
Yuzeyun
Instead, why not make a *1,09 Stealth mod and cancel the addition of HD and FL? js

HR+ST would be only *1,15, less than HR+DT.
Marifune-kun
no more double screen cheaters!
XK2238

_Gezo_ wrote:

Instead, why not make a *1,09 Stealth mod and cancel the addition of HD and FL? js

But what effect will it produce? Similar to HD+FL but with clearly visible environment, or? :o
Yuzeyun

XK2238 wrote:

_Gezo_ wrote:

But what effect will it produce? Similar to HD+FL but with clearly visible environment, or? :o

Yeah. And it will also induce LESS lag (FL uses more stuff, which induces lag) like if you had X2 + HD + HR.

Like in StepMania.
Noobita
lol
XK2238

_Gezo_ wrote:

Yeah. And it will also induce LESS lag (FL uses more stuff, which induces lag) like if you had X2 + HD + HR.

Like in StepMania.
StepMania :/
#headbulb lights on
How about Dark mod? The receptor's gone, and it gives 1.03x. Seems legit :v
Yuzeyun

XK2238 wrote:

How about Dark mod? The receptor's gone, and it gives 1.03x. Seems legit :v
Nope. That mod is damn easy when you know the rythm...

And let's not derail, it's about the deletion of HID and FL.
Ill kill you all if you reset / remove my FL scores in taiko.. some of those took me days to complete and just because someone cheats. Doesn't mean My LEGIT score is going away.. that is seriously bs.
kaxaru
oh wow~
mliencheng
remove FL scores ~
roufou
Y'know how everyone wins? (...aside from DSers)

Remove the ability to use FL+HD at the same time in taiko and ctb and keep it in osureg, shouldn't be impossible considering how the score multiplier for hard rock is higher in ctb than osureg and taiko, there, no one can use DS and people can use FL and HD legit.

(okay, I don't really care, Im just suggesting something better than removing a mod alltogether)
MMzz
it's a game, people are gonna cheat. SOmething you gotta live with. :(
At least my HDFL/HDHR are legit. (easy songs big yeah~!~!~!)

Also, why are you voting to remove flashlight? It's a fun mod ._.

This thread makes me sad.
You people care about #1 to much.
Pheon

Ill kill you all if you reset / remove my FL scores in taiko.. some of those took me days to complete and just because someone cheats. Doesn't mean My LEGIT score is going away.. that is seriously bs.
Days? Try months ._.

Thing is, it's a fun mod, but at this point I really can't tell what's legit and what's not anymore. I dislike cheaters, but it shouldn't take away the fun for the legit players.
Apricot
その前にODをMAX7にしましょう(提案)
XK2238
I only care for grades (platinum ftw!) actually, so I'm going neutral in this case. :| I rarely play FL though, being stuck to HD
Yuzeyun

MMzz wrote:

That's the problem ! Plus I've NEVER seen an online game with >1000k players without any cheaters. Lose your #1 because of a DSer, deal with it. It's not like it would be the ONLY one you'll ever get !

(If I really cared about my #1 I'd have like 300 already lololol)
MMzz

_Gezo_ wrote:

MMzz wrote:

That's the problem ! Plus I've NEVER seen an online game with >1000k players without any cheaters. Lose your #1 because of a DSer, deal with it. It's not like it would be the ONLY one you'll ever get !

(If I really cared about my #1 I'd have like 300 already lololol)
Exactly.

And just a FYI for you guys, people complained about this a long time ago in the korean subforum, and nothing really came around. So I don't understand why you are bothering.
bwross

MMzz wrote:

The vote is about removing the score multiplier, not the mod. There's nothing wrong with the mod, the problem is the large bonus to score. If FL was a 1.00x mod, you'd only be cheating yourself by double screening.
MMzz

bwross wrote:

MMzz wrote:

The vote is about removing the score multiplier, not the mod. There's nothing wrong with the mod, the problem is the large bonus to score. If FL was a 1.00x mod, you'd only be cheating yourself by double screening.
Whats the point of having a mod available that makes things harder but doesn't help your score at all?
bwross

MMzz wrote:

Whats the point of having a mod available that makes things harder but doesn't help your score at all?
Because it's a fun mod.
Numbers 596108
Remove FL, this is i think.
Original Version only have hidden mod.
MMzz

Numbers 596108 wrote:

Remove FL, this is i think.
Original Version only have hidden mod.
better remove hardrock too then.
Pretty sure the speed up mods in Arcade don't affect accuracy time window.

And doubletime.
Bobo_old

MMzz wrote:

It's a game, people are gonna cheat. Something you gotta live with. :(
Yuzeyun

MMzz wrote:

Pretty sure the speed up mods in Arcade don't affect accuracy time window.
They don't :V (Else Zekira wouldn't have even passed KitaSai with X4)
sam_355322
i spend must time and replay on HD and FL mod.... these include many of my scores = =

i like those mod

so... my choice is no............
cadeira_old
yep, it's pretty easy to cheat with fl or hd or hr on taiko being itself considered as legit. i vote yes
HeatKai

MMzz wrote:

it's a game, people are gonna cheat. SOmething you gotta live with. :(
At least my HDFL/HDHR are legit. (easy songs big yeah~!~!~!)

well I wouldn't mind, but still agree with MMzz's post.
Minty Gum
/sigh

The fun of a game for me is ruined by cheating or hacking. I like gaming to make accomplishments and be challenged, not to just win!
roufou

bwross wrote:

MMzz wrote:

Because it's a fun mod.
Let's ask everyone a question: "Would you ever play FL if it had 1,00x score multiplier ever?".

no
The FL multiplier isn't really that high either, at least not in taiko, you can easily fc a map with FL and still be bellow the top #40s consisting of Hard Rock and no mods at all.
I don't think the DSers are terrible enough to "remove" a whole mod.
HashishKabob
HD isn't so hard, so I vote for FL only.