forum

Remove Flashlight and Hidden Score multiplier from taiko Mod

posted
Total Posts
98

Your opinion about "remove taiko Hid/FL score multiplier" ?

Yes
214
35.08%
No
223
36.56%
Remove-Flashlight only
173
28.36%
Total votes: 610
show more
nayuta_old_1
..
ztrot
remove nothing because then next thing you will want is it for standard and then something else removing features seems pointless imo and not worth wasting time.
blacksymbian
I don't know, I don't see a lot of random people using HD + FL in taiko nowadays.
-Athena-

blacksymbian wrote:

I don't know, I don't see a lot of random people using HD + FL in taiko nowadays.
That's because it's almost impossible unless you cheat XD
And yea I prefer if stuff was left the way it is, though if something has to be removed make it fl only and all scores with fl
Rasis
我希望CTB模式也能移除这2个模式
I hope we can remove these 2 modes from CTB too
SakuraKyoko
I disagree that idea. Many people play FL at easy,noamal..etc.
The most of my #1 is FL too.
So if deleted FL , don't delete past score or delete FL+Hidden only.
aabc271
I'll say it's better to remove the current records with both HD & FL enabled, and not allowing future submission when both HD & FL are turned on
However, it's unnecessary to clear HD only records imo
From what I know, DS players cheat by enabling those 2 mods only, or sometimes also with HR ( HD+FL(+HR) )
So removing records that have HD & FL turned on is enough to clear all DS records
After removing & banning the submission of HDFL, those DS players have to use sth like HRHD or FL only to continue cheating, which both have a same score multiplier when compared with DT
( And yes, HRHD is harder to get a high acc because of HR's effects ( OD+2 ) )
So their score could be lower than those DT or DTHR, which are not done by DS cheaters
And I think HD-only records do not have to be cleared as those DS cheaters won't use HD-only to cheat ( x 1.06 is too few )
asgardv

aabc271 wrote:

So their score could be lower than those DT or DTHR, which are not done by DS cheaters
And I think HD-only records do not have to be cleared as those DS cheaters won't use HD-only to cheat ( x 1.06 is too few )
If score multiplier change is enforced, it means past records of DT or DTHR must be deleted because of change of score.
Score multiplier change is very good idea but its influence will be too big I think.
aabc271

asgardv wrote:

aabc271 wrote:

So their score could be lower than those DT or DTHR, which are not done by DS cheaters
And I think HD-only records do not have to be cleared as those DS cheaters won't use HD-only to cheat ( x 1.06 is too few )
If score multiplier change is enforced, it means past records of DT or DTHR must be deleted because of change of score.
Score multiplier change is very good idea but its influence will be too big I think.
If we make changes to score multiplier, then the influence is too big for sure
So I think it's fine to keep the multiplier unchanged, except those with HD & FL inclusive ( or maybe all records with FL )
We can just clear those records to minimize the influence and I think this is more fair to those HD / DT players
bomber34
No because i love FL on easy diffs to much D:
What's next? Removing HT because some people troll top 40's with to many slider rolls?
Teddy

asgardv wrote:

Score multiplier change is very good idea but its influence will be too big I think.
Assent.
Changing multiplier is not a good idea.It will bring lots of problem.
The best solution is to remove those suspect suspicious records, but cost time.
Yuzeyun

Lybydose wrote:

nooooo my only Taiko score

which is now a rank 2 score, so REMOVE IT ALL YOU WANT
ARE YOU SERIOUS.


Well that's HALF-interesting imo, afaik only ONE song's leaderboards will be completely wiped and it's one of the most known songs out there, Saitama2000 (almost 2/3 of the top 40 is HFL)

The thing we should watch is the multiplication of HFL firsts, in doubt ask the suspected player to make a small liveplay to prove it, and watch carefully the gap between 2 HFLs in the profile, the playcount of the level (Mainly for taiko-only players), the accuracy... EVERYTHING.

I don't know how those DS players do to make sure 2 osu! clients run at the same time and stuff, and I don't even want to know this.

Legit players are just pissed of that kind of cheating. I, myself, have few HFL scores (Mostly on Don-Only maps, like 2007~2008 maps, Saitama2000 is an exception, I just WANTED to S it with HFL I could play it HS19...)

I'm not defending Regular Dual-Screeners. I'm defending Legit players, as they just lost firsts because of dual-screeners.

HID+HR is also a FL mode, because we can see nothing in HID+HR.
We see stuff. At the edge.



As Odaril said, it's just damn sad.

ALL MY FLASHLIGHT TRAINING FOR NOTHING ! FFFFFF
wmfchris
Agree in the sense that they are way too easy to cheat.

another reason to agree: if HD FL are deleted, I'll be back to world #1!

About score clearing, I know some old players (<--- really old stuffs, don't panic if you don't know > : D) remember the days when HT are changed from 0.6x to 0.3x and get their HT score get halved. Similar action can be taken on this change, too.
SnowReborn
i disagree with it, even some people is using dual screen or so, it's still a part of osu!, if you want to removing flash light / hidden mods from osu! just up for the scores, then it will be very dumb and silly, why? because osu! is a music game, i seen pro people playing Flash Light + Hidden on taiko mod ex: basara, you basicly will not see any note but feel the beat to timing, don't make a music game as competition. wut i say just my personal opinion , doesnt against anyone etc

a better way to solve this problem is to wait peppy update osu that can anti dual screen :o, since you are playing osu, you dont need 2 screens to watch movie or so yea? so make osu! auto detect dual screen and close up sounds a better solution.... and infact, i never seen how dual screen can cheat flash light and hidden, first you can't open up 2 osu , second even somehow you made 2 osu, you won't be able to start a song at exact same time on 2 osus, if somehow people can really trick osu and made all, then i guess peppy should add some rules such as, everytime you up for a top#40 with flash light, you should record with camera showing screen or computer something like that......

for taiko players they will lose their interest and it's pretty sad as well
even i never play taiko and this won't really affect on me back i still highly suggest that do not remove flash light and hidden from osu :|
Sander-Don
Remove flashlight only.
It's not possible on Oni maps, no matter who you are, unless you memorize it. (Which is ok) But if it's double screening, then shame on you.
As for Hidden, it's possible on most taiko specific maps.
Backfire

Sander-Don wrote:

Remove flashlight only.
It's not possible on Oni maps, no matter who you are, unless you memorize it. (Which is ok) But if it's double screening, then shame on you.
As for Hidden, it's possible on most taiko specific maps.
This this and this.

Please fucking get rid of FL. Im tired of zakko, lolitype, and the like.
-Athena-

Backfire wrote:

Sander-Don wrote:

Remove flashlight only.
It's not possible on Oni maps, no matter who you are, unless you memorize it. (Which is ok) But if it's double screening, then shame on you.
As for Hidden, it's possible on most taiko specific maps.
This this and this.

Please fucking get rid of FL. Im tired of zakko, lolitype, and the like.
Aww don't mention any names~
Backfire
Why not? We've been complaining about them for a while, and no one did anything about them cause "no proof"
Sander-Don
I could go on and on with a list of known people who use exploits, but I won't.
Let's try not to get off-topic though, I like this poll.
Love
Or how about this, why not just reset any kind of hidden mode (both hidden and flashlight) if used with another mod (like hidden+hr, hidden+flashlight, flashlight+hardrock). Or when multiple mods are used with hd or fl mod, then it doesn't add both of the multipliers, it just keeps 1.06, even on flashlight.
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply