forum

The Killers - Mr. Brightside

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, May 10, 2009 at 12:54:23 AM

Artist: The Killers
Title: Mr. Brightside
BPM: 148
Filesize: 5355kb
Play Time: 03:13
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.28 stars, 298 notes)
  2. Insane (4.74 stars, 360 notes)
  3. Normal (2.57 stars, 207 notes)
Download: The Killers - Mr. Brightside
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Wanted to map something mappable for once. Thanks DawnII for the timing. I think hard mode is done.

Updated with rolled timing, and moved around some boring stacks

The timing sounded great to me before, now all of a sudden it sounds iffy. What's qnorw with my brain?

Added a Normal and an Insane difficulty.

Made some tweaks based on suggestions. Used Seibei's timing because that's as good as any.

Updated with awp's offset.
Zerostarry
Rawrrrr

[Normal]
00:49:47 (4) - Extend 1/2?
01:16:24 (1,2,3,4) - Not an error, just looks untidy :(
02:47:06 (1,2,3,4) - ^
02:58:01 (4) - I'm a sucker for neatness. Again, not wrong, but it could be somewhere else.
03:04:50 (4) - ^
03:07:74 (1) - Back 1/4, and extend 1/4~

[Hard]
00:57:58 (2,3) - Stack these :)
01:16:24 (1,2,3,4) - Looks ugly :(
02:58:01 (4) - Same as normal.

[Insane]
02:58:01 (4) - Same as normal.

Lower Insane's Overall by 1 tick? The approach circles seem a little too fast for the song. Most of these are just neatness, you dont have to fix if you like it the way it is.
Seibei4211
Uuuh...timing... Hmm... This song is weird to time, so I'm not positive about this. I still think the BPM is 148 with an offset like...6,915. Totally disputible and that will probably happen (the dispute). Whaaaatever.
mm201
I'm seeing a BPM of 147.960 and an offset of 6,500 even. (I like when the high tick is on the downbeat. :))

All difficulties:
  1. 00:16:63 (1,2) - Love the shape of these! As you were. :)
Normal:
  1. 02:53:55 (4,1) - Spacing? [/nitpick]
Hard:
  1. 00:57:59 (2,3) - Neatness. :P Either stack or space like your other 1/2s.
Insane:
  1. OTO-style Insane here. Nothing overtly nutsy, just higher settings and more notes. I like it.
  2. 03:01:86 (2,3) - Spacing. Move the 1, 2 stack up by 1 grid square. Nitpicky, maybe, but this spacing was enough to catch me.
Good song and a really professional map here.
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
01:16:24 (1,2,3,4) - Looks ugly :(
This is an Ouendan-ism that I intend to keep. I did tweak the placement slightly to make it more symmetrical.

02:58:01 (4) - I'm a sucker for neatness. Again, not wrong, but it could be somewhere else.
Fixed on Normal mode to get rid of the ugly overlap, but on Hard and Insane the 2 and 4 look fine side-by-side, in my opinion, so I'm keeping it.

00:16:63 (1,2) - Love the shape of these! As you were. :)
Thanks! That type of shape is a pain to make for some reason, but I really wanted them like that, to pay homage to the "One Night Carnival" level that inspired me to map this song.

I think I fixed everything you all pointed out. I used Seibei's timing, and it sounds ok to me now. Hopefully you all agree.
awp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Rolled
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
Fixed :<
Zerostarry
23:38 <awp> : zero we could doubleteam it

Looks good. Bubble
awp

Rolled wrote:

Popping bubble but reserving the right to rank afterwards.
Understood.
Saturos
Blargh, BPM is slightly fast. I didn't look over it to get exact numbers, but my guess is .02 too fast.

-10ms online offset to try and correct some of this, since the map starts late and ends in sync, anyway.
Rolled

awp wrote:

Rolled wrote:

Popping bubble but reserving the right to rank afterwards.
Understood.

well sorry luigi took like 8 hours to snap one note :(
Starrodkirby86
Having a fun time with this song. The only real errors I make are just cursor precision and that's what ticks me off about the song. But then again, I'm playing with tiny circles in the first place so who am I to blame. XD Great job LuigiHann, I really love this. The sliders in my opinion are really lovely.
awp

Starrodkirby86

awp wrote:

Feels a TAAAAD early but yay SS'd hard for #1 <3
Congratulations for your SS awp! :)
It's only a 1100 point difference from #1 to #2...Man, that's crazy. o_o
Wait...oh crap...
http://up.ppy.sh/files/screenshot002-5.png

._.;

I'm gonna be dead tomorrow. :D
awp
Paperfrog_old
It just said I acheived the #1 local score? is there a way I can see what people locally have gotten or is there only top 50 world wide?
Topic Starter
LuigiHann

Paperfrog wrote:

It just said I acheived the #1 local score? is there a way I can see what people locally have gotten or is there only top 50 world wide?
"Local Score" means on your computer.
SNZ_old
sorry,
I think timing is wrong.
ex) [hard]'s opening part...