forum

Mouse Only Players - Gameplay Setup Question and stuff..

posted
Total Posts
show more
GladiOol
is precision mode a bad thing then? D: I don't even know what it does.
kriers

GladiOol wrote:

is precision mode a bad thing then? D: I don't even know what it does.
I don't notice anything by using it either. Apparently it's a bug fixing toggle and it's gonna be toggled on as default with osz2 afaik
Maxer00
Oh,a mouse-gamers setup's thread,cool.

• 1. What is your Windows mouse pointer speed? 7/11
    2. What is your osu!'s mouse sensitivity? 1.4x
    3. Did you enable the "Precision Mode" in osu! ? nope
    4.What is the DPI of your mouse? (or what DPI you are using when playing?) 400dpi
    5. What kind of mouse you are using? I use a laser TRUST mouse that I do not trust at all -_-' for FPS games and an optical mouse with no name for osu!
    6.What is your osu!'s screen resolution? 1280 x 800
    7. Do you prefer fullscreen or windowed mode? Fullscreen,of course,but for the sake of comfortable program switching I use windowed.
    8. How do you hold/grip your mouse? uhhh,I hold it with my palm so...
    9. What is your mousepad? I use a mousepad. It's surface is made of cloth.
    10. What are your problems/issues while you're playing? (e.g can't spin well, that jumps, streams...) I think I lack precision during jumps. Also during long runs,after fast spinners with sudden hitcircles I lose um..balance on the mouse. Also streams. The worst of them for me are those going from left to right.
Also I'm using Windows precision and when I tried to switch it off and exchange it for osu's I noticed an increase in precision,but the spinners became horrible (450 > 250). So um... Am I the only one having issues without Windows' precision,or am I just used to it :/ ?
rickyboi
1. What is your Windows mouse pointer speed? 6
2. What is your osu!'s mouse sensitivity? 1.0x
3. Did you enable the "Precision Mode" in osu! ? YES
4. What is the DPI of your mouse? (or what DPI you are using when playing?) I have no idea. I never really checked.
5. What kind of mouse you are using? A4tech OP-620D
6. What is your osu!'s screen resolution? 800x600
7. Do you prefer fullscreen or windowed mode? Windowed
8. How do you hold/grip your mouse? CLAW.
9. What is your mousepad? No mouse pad. Just smooth surface.
10. What are your problems/issues while you're playing? (e.g can't spin well, that jumps, streams...) Inconsistent playing because Mouse Precision on the control panel is also turned on which is kind of a problem for me controling the power of my control and jumps.
awell
1. What is your Windows mouse pointer speed? 6/11
3. Did you enable the "Precision Mode" in osu! ? no
4. What is the DPI of your mouse? (or what DPI you are using when playing?) 900dpi
5. What kind of mouse you are using? Razer Deathadder
6. What is your osu!'s screen resolution? 1024x768
7. Do you prefer fullscreen or windowed mode? windowed
8. How do you hold/grip your mouse? claw maybe, sometimes palm
9. What is your mousepad? (or where do you place your mouse?) Razer Goliathus
10. What are your problems/issues while you're playing? >220 bpm long streams and >200 bpm single click
those
Tried 6/11, then Sabamiso! was too difficult. Went back up to 7/11, then everything was too fast.
kriers whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
kriers
I lol'd :D
BeatofIke
1. What is your Windows mouse pointer speed? Default
3. Did you enable the "Precision Mode" in osu! ? Nope
4. What is the DPI of your mouse? (or what DPI you are using when playing?) 400 dpi
5. What kind of mouse you are using? Logitech M-UAE96
6. What is your osu!'s screen resolution? 800x600
8. How do you hold/grip your mouse? Whatever that feels comfortable to me. Definitely NOT palm grip though.
9. What is your mousepad? (or where do you place your mouse?) I don't use a mouse pad. I place my mouse on any table.
10. What are your problems/issues while you're playing? (e.g can't spin well, that jumps, streams...) Jumps, streams, and cursor speed.
Akhmatova
1. 6/11
2. 1.0x
3. No
4. 400 DPI
5. Logitech G5 (Updated model)
6. 1366 x 768
7. Fullscreen (Native resolution)
8. Whatever feels comfortable.
9. Steelpad 4S
10. Jumps. Though, after about a week of playing, it isn't much of a problem anymore. I used to play with keyboard and mouse (same settings, but 2000 DPI) but recently switched over to mouse-only; now I have a lot more control while playing osu. Low sensitivity/low DPI feels very comfortable for me.
ZeitiaX
1. What is your Windows mouse pointer speed? Default
2. What is your osu!'s mouse sensitivity? 1.6x
3. Did you enable the "Precision Mode" in osu! ? Yes.
4. What is the DPI of your mouse? (or what DPI you are using when playing?) 1800 dpi
5. What kind of mouse you are using? Deathadder
6. What is your osu!'s screen resolution? Full-screen 1920x1080 (Am I the only one using this?)
7. Do you prefer fullscreen or windowed mode? Full-screen
8. How do you hold/grip your mouse? Palm grip
9. What is your mousepad? (or where do you place your mouse?) Destructor
10. What are your problems/issues while you're playing? (e.g can't spin well, that jumps, streams...) Most probably streams and extreme jumps.
Elit3noob
1. What is your Windows mouse pointer speed? '+1 sensitivity' button on a Logitech MX 518
2. What is your osu!'s mouse sensitivity? 2.1x
3. Did you enable the "Precision Mode" in osu! ? No
4. What is the DPI of your mouse? (or what DPI you are using when playing?) 1600 DPI
5. What kind of mouse you are using? Logitech MX 518
6. What is your osu!'s screen resolution? Full screen 1920x1080
7. Do you prefer fullscreen or windowed mode? Full screen
8. How do you hold/grip your mouse? asian-gamer
9. What is your mousepad? (or where do you place your mouse?) very smooth wooden table (sometimes when I play too much it leaves a mark that acts like a kerb)
10. What are your problems/issues while you're playing? (e.g can't spin well, that jumps, streams...) rarely the cursor goes crazy, seems to only happen on some Japanese songs
those

Elit3noob wrote:

10. What are your problems/issues while you're playing? (e.g can't spin well, that jumps, streams...) rarely the cursor goes crazy, seems to only happen on some Japanese songs
Your cursor goes crazy because of your play surface.
higurush
when I'm bored and start playing with mouse...
1. What is your Windows mouse pointer speed? 11/11 (max)
2. What is your osu!'s mouse sensitivity? 4,0x (max)
3. Did you enable the "Precision Mode" in osu! ? yes
4. What is the DPI of your mouse? (or what DPI you are using when playing?) 2500 (max)
5. What kind of mouse you are using? A4 Tech x7-750BF green flamed
6. What is your osu!'s screen resolution? 1280x800
7. Do you prefer fullscreen or windowed mode? Fullscreen (native FullHD[1920x1080])
8. How do you hold/grip your mouse? palm grip
9. What is your mousepad? (or where do you place your mouse?) I dunno what you call this in english, but this: (best and most slippery mouse pad I have ever tried)

10. What are your problems/issues while you're playing? (e.g can't spin well, that jumps, streams...) If my hand got to shake for some reason, my accuracy will die
cadeira_old
1. What is your Windows mouse pointer speed?
in the middle
2. What is your osu!'s mouse sensitivity?
3. Did you enable the "Precision Mode" in osu! ?
no
4. What is the DPI of your mouse? (or what DPI you are using when playing?)
i dont know but its pretty low
5. What kind of mouse you are using?
dont know either, i just bough a smell and cheap one
6. What is your osu!'s screen resolution?
1280x800
7. Do you prefer fullscreen or windowed mode?
windowed
8. How do you hold/grip your mouse?
with my foot
9. What is your mousepad? (or where do you place your mouse?)
dont know it either, it came when i bough internet
10. What are your problems/issues while you're playing? (e.g can't spin well, that jumps, streams...)
i can spin, stream and jump well, but i got some trouble with big jumps and deathstreams "hate chipscape's one :(" and i cant tap over 105bpm
Nyu_old2
1. What is your Windows mouse pointer speed? 3 ticks
2. What is your osu!'s mouse sensitivity? 1.0
3. Did you enable the "Precision Mode" in osu! ? Yes
4. What is the DPI of your mouse? (or what DPI you are using when playing?) 3500
5. What kind of mouse you are using? Razer Deathadder
6. What is your osu!'s screen resolution? 1024x600
8. How do you hold/grip your mouse? It's complicated :P
9. What is your mousepad? (or where do you place your mouse?) A cloth mousepad
10. What are your problems/issues while you're playing? (e.g can't spin well, that jumps, streams...) Not being able to find a comfortable hand position when playing, I have problems as well if you put like a square of jumps, not at an angle :P
Elit3noob

those wrote:

Elit3noob wrote:

then how can i fix this?
djjsixpack
1. What is your Windows mouse pointer speed? One notch to the right
2. What is your osu!'s mouse sensitivity? 1.2x
4. What is the DPI of your mouse? (or what DPI you are using when playing?) To be honest, no idea. The place in my control panel that is supposed to give me that information is blank
5. What kind of mouse you are using? Mouse that came with asus essentio desktop
6. What is your osu!'s screen resolution? 1280x960 windowed
7. Do you prefer fullscreen or windowed mode? windowed 100%. I can't play 1920x1080 in osu
8. How do you hold/grip your mouse? claw
9. What is your mousepad? (or where do you place your mouse?) some $3 mousepad I got a big lots years ago. Smooth and plastic
10. What are your problems/issues while you're playing? (e.g can't spin well, that jumps, streams...) streams, but that's more because my fingers simply cannot move fast enough. otherwise, nothing to report really

Actually now that I think about it, osu! does some weird stuff when I play with the mouse at 1.4x or higher. Stutters, goes further than supposed to. Probably not the mouses fault though.
bwross

djjsixpack wrote:

4. What is the DPI of your mouse? (or what DPI you are using when playing?) To be honest, no idea. The place in my control panel that is supposed to give me that information is blank
You can easily measure it.

1) Set things so there's no acceleration or multipliers on the cursor (windows to its default (the center tick), precision off). Make sure that there are no windows open that might grab and change the speed of the cursor if you move across them.
2) Measure how far your mouse moves when you move the mouse from one side of the screen to the other in inches (left-right or up-down). Try to move as straight across as possible and be careful to stop the mouse exactly when you get to the farthest pixel.
3) The DPI should be equal to (resolution along the axis you chose / inches the mouse moved) rounded to the nearest 100 to account for inaccuracy in measurement. For example, if you're using a 1280 pixel wide screen and it takes about 1.25" to move left-right you probably have a 1000 DPI mouse.

I used this to work out that an old mouse I have is 400 DPI. It was also handy with my current mouse, because the R/G/B LEDs that mark the DPIs (800/1600/2000) were clearly different than the instructions on the package claimed... so I tested to get the order and to verify that the DPIs were correct. It was a cheap mouse, and it works well enough, so I'm not complaining.

In fact, a convenient way to combine and express many of these numbers is by the distances the mouse has to move left-right and up-down (although that's meaningless for anyone that uses precision mode). This gives a simple measure of a player's preferred dexterity level, and can be better compared with a tablet player's box preference.

Currently, my mouse settings (no precision, naturally) give a 0.71" x 0.53" (18mm x 13.5mm) box (but I'm messing around with it again).
those

Elit3noob wrote:

those wrote:

Elit3noob wrote:

then how can i fix this?
You said you played on your table. Grab a cloth/rubber surface to play on (mouse pad were designed for mice).

higurush wrote:

I dunno what you call this in english, but this: (best and most slippery mouse pad I have ever tried)
It's called a clipboard.
bagiaaa
What about mouse precision mode? What is that exactly? I couldn't find any difference using it or not, or maybe i'm just insensitive or what?
bwross

bagiaaa wrote:

What about mouse precision mode? What is that exactly? I couldn't find any difference using it or not, or maybe i'm just insensitive or what?
This is sometimes called mouse "acceleration". It is useful for people that want to do precision work (low speed), but still want to be able to move between windows easily (higher speed), without needing to have or use something like a multiple DPI mouse. The way this is done is by keeping the cursor speed steady at the level set when the mouse is moved slowly, but when the mouse is moved quickly, the cursor movement is accelerated... meaning that the distance required to move the cursor across the screen varies depending on how fast you move the mouse.
Yakuyan
1. What is your Windows mouse pointer speed? = 6/11 sometimes 7/11
2. What is your osu!'s mouse sensitivity? = 3.0x
3. Did you enable the "Precision Mode" in osu! ? = Yes (Enabled)
4. What is the DPI of your mouse? (or what DPI you are using when playing?) = 800 dpi
5. What kind of mouse you are using? = IDK
6. What is your osu!'s screen resolution? = 1024 X 768
7. Do you prefer fullscreen or windowed mode? = Both
8. How do you hold/grip your mouse? = Index on Left Click, Thumb on Left Side of the Mouse, Middle and Ring and Pinky on Right Side
9. What is your mousepad? (or where do you place your mouse?) = On Mouse and on bare wood desk
10. What are your problems/issues while you're playing? (e.g can't spin well, that jumps, streams...) = Spin and streams but very good at jumps.
Layne_old_1
~
Frizz
I'm not 100% mouse-only player but I hope no one minds ._.

SPOILER
6/11

1.0x

Nope

Between 750dpi-900dpi, mostly 800dpi

Logitech G400 (newer model without prediction)

1366x768

Fullscreen

Claw grip (only when I'm playing mouse-only, otherwise it's inbetween claw and palm)

SteelSeries QcK+ (was Razer Goliathus Control)

10. What are your problems/issues while you're playing? (e.g can't spin well, that jumps, streams...)
Streams, I can't aim properly while clicking alternately ;_;

Also I'm surprised how some people here who use gaming mice didn't put both Windows and osu! sensitivity to default. They could've just adjusted their dpi sensitivity instead :/
G0r
Should this thread really have been resurrected from three months ago? :O
laport

G0r wrote:

do you really have to post useless crap outside off-topic??
Winshley
Since this is bumped...

anzo-nii wrote:

1. 6/11 (default)
2. Various, from 0.7× to 1.2×, depending on the mouse I use, the surface I'm playing on, and osu! screen resolution.
3. No, it messes my mouse movements. I also don't turn this on at Windows settings. There's a case where I moved my hand outside the surface because of this. lol
4. Various, from 800 (cheapo unbranded mouse), 1000 (cheapo Logitech mouse), to 1800 (my bro's Razer Abyssus mouse).
5. See answer 4 above.
6. Various, often playing on 1024×768. Sometimes had to use 800×600 and 640×480 when I'm playing on crappy PC and/or having small resolution monitors.
7. Windowed mode most of time, Fullscreen on cases where beatmap's Circle Size is so small.
8. Palm grip.
9. Various, from wooden table, crappy "Microsoft" mousepad, my bro's Razer Goliathus Ω (Control edition) mousepad, to Internet Café's Razer Mantis (Speed edition) mousepad.
10. As you can see above, it's pretty hard to play on various conditions from time to time. I seriously need to get myself a decent mouse and mousepad, especially since I travel a lot... :(
bagiaaa
1. What is your Windows mouse pointer speed? 7/11
4. What is the DPI of your mouse? (or what DPI you are using when playing?) -
5. What kind of mouse you are using? Logitech M125
6. What is your osu!'s screen resolution? 1366x768
7. Do you prefer fullscreen or windowed mode? Fullscreen
8. How do you hold/grip your mouse? Err, claw grip? Not really sure
9. What is your mousepad? (or where do you place your mouse?) Mostly papers
10. What are your problems/issues while you're playing? Consistency (especially in a long beatmap)
Vapor
1. What is your Windows mouse pointer speed? 6/11~
2. What is your osu!'s mouse sensitivity? 1.0x~
3. Did you enable the "Precision Mode" in osu! ? Nope~
4. What is the DPI of your mouse? (or what DPI you are using when playing?) 800dpi, I think~
5. What kind of mouse you are using? Some really cheap Techinka optical wired one~
6. What is your osu!'s screen resolution? 1024x768~
7. Do you prefer fullscreen or windowed mode? Fullscreen~
8. How do you hold/grip your mouse? Palm grip~
9. What is your mousepad? (or where do you place your mouse?) No mousepad, I just have my mouse on my desk~
10. What are your problems/issues while you're playing? (e.g can't spin well, that jumps, streams...) Mainly jumps, and inconsistency, but I think that I'll just improve these with practice~
Gotori
3. Did you enable the "Precision Mode" in osu! ? nope
4. What is the DPI of your mouse? (or what DPI you are using when playing?) 1200dpi
5. What kind of mouse you are using? a4tech x710bk
6. What is your osu!'s screen resolution? 1280x1024 - deskop, 1024x768 - osu!
7. Do you prefer fullscreen or windowed mode? window
9. What is your mousepad? (or where do you place your mouse?) No mousepad
10. What are your problems/issues while you're playing? i can't do long fast singletap
Mara
3. Did you enable the "Precision Mode" in osu! ? No
4. What is the DPI of your mouse? (or what DPI you are using when playing?) 1800DPI
5. What kind of mouse you are using? Logitech MX518
6. What is your osu!'s screen resolution? 1280x800
8. How do you hold/grip your mouse? Fingertip.
9. What is your mousepad? (or where do you place your mouse?) One of the soft Stellseries pads
10. What are your problems/issues while you're playing? (e.g can't spin well, that jumps, streams...) Streams (these days, my hand doesn't like it anymore), but I if it's under 150 I can singletap that.
Kanye West

laport wrote:

G0r wrote:

do you really have to post useless crap outside off-topic??
only the cool kids post useless crap
SuzumiyaBR
1. What is your Windows mouse pointer speed? MAX
2. What is your osu!'s mouse sensitivity? 1.3
3. Did you enable the "Precision Mode" in osu! ? nope(
4. What is the DPI of your mouse? (or what DPI you are using when playing?) 800
5. What kind of mouse you are using? 6. What is your osu!'s screen resolution? 1920x1080 Dektop 1440x900 osu
7. Do you prefer fullscreen or windowed mode? window
9. What is your mousepad? (or where do you place your mouse?) = Clone
10. What are your problems/issues while you're playing?
I am new , my problem is Lack of training
Joof
I used to be a mouse only player so.. I'll post anyways.

Before new mouse:

SPOILER
1. What is your Windows mouse pointer speed? 6

2. What is your osu!'s mouse sensitivity? x1.0

3. Did you enable the "Precision Mode" in osu! ? NOPE.

4. What is the DPI of your mouse? (or what DPI you are using when playing?) 800. LOOL

5. What kind of mouse you are using? Logitech MX510

7. Do you prefer fullscreen or windowed mode? Fullscreeeen

8. How do you hold/grip your mouse? Palm

9. What is your mousepad? (or where do you place your mouse?) Hard w/ texture surface.

10. What are your problems/issues while you're playing? (e.g can't spin well, that jumps, streams...) Streams. Dem doubletaps.

New mouse:

SPOILER
1. What is your Windows mouse pointer speed? 3

2. What is your osu!'s mouse sensitivity? x1.0

3. Did you enable the "Precision Mode" in osu! ? nopeagain.

4. What is the DPI of your mouse? (or what DPI you are using when playing?) 3500

5. What kind of mouse you are using? Steelseries Sensei

7. Do you prefer fullscreen or windowed mode? Fullscreeeeeen

8. How do you hold/grip your mouse? Claw

9. What is your mousepad? (or where do you place your mouse?) Hard w/ textured surface.

10. What are your problems/issues while you're playing? (e.g can't spin well, that jumps, streams...) Streams again, buttons feel weird on this mouse, sometimes jumps cause of the fast dpi not used to it.
Frizz

Joof wrote:

10. What are your problems/issues while you're playing? (e.g can't spin well, that jumps, streams...) Streams again, buttons feel weird on this mouse, sometimes jumps cause of the fast dpi not used to it.
>SteelSeries

inb4 not omron switches
Joof

Frizz925 wrote:

Joof wrote:

>SteelSeries

inb4 not omron switches
It's cause the previous mouse I used was a tiny ass wireless mouse, so when I switched back to a gaming mouse, it felt so weird and the Sensei has sort of huge curve at the top of it x__x. So I'm not used to it. Besides I play KB + Mouse now. o: .
AKzawa
3. Did you enable the "Precision Mode" in osu! ? Not yet
4. What is the DPI of your mouse? (or what DPI you are using when playing?) 1000 Dpi
5. What kind of mouse you are using? Microsoft Wireless Mouse 3500
8. How do you hold/grip your mouse? Palm Grip
9. What is your mousepad? (or where do you place your mouse?) None. Wooden desktop
10. What are your problems/issues while you're playing? (e.g can't spin well, that jumps, streams...) Stacked beats and streams, especially when my arm getting stuck (very often) on the edge of table
Allyses
4. What is the DPI of your mouse? (or what DPI you are using when playing?) 400 dpi
5. What kind of mouse you are using? some old microsoft wireless mouse
6. What is your osu!'s screen resolution? I use the custom one
7. Do you prefer fullscreen or windowed mode? windowed
8. How do you hold/grip your mouse? claw grip
9. What is your mousepad? (or where do you place your mouse?) steelseries qck or something
10. What are your problems/issues while you're playing? (e.g can't spin well, that jumps, streams...) when my mouse is getting a bit laggy. It can caused a miss or fail.
Liut
whatever it's good for a mouse only player you guys should ask at http://osu.ppy.sh/u/CC_kakusi even tho probably he's just using the same standard setup since he started
sorry if i'm a bit OT but i've never see a mouse only player playing this good and with this high bpm , i got demotivated :cry:
Kalas_old
1. What is your Windows mouse pointer speed? 7/11
2. What is your osu!'s mouse sensitivity? 3.2x
5. What kind of mouse you are using? Some random mouse I bought for 10€
6. What is your osu!'s screen resolution? 1680x1050
7. Do you prefer fullscreen or windowed mode? fullscreen
9. What is your mousepad? Mousepad SteelSeries Qck
show more