forum

REQUESTING APPROACH RATE 11! (AR11) [Denied] [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +25
show more
WubWoofWolf

Maddy wrote:

nope
Disease_old_1

Lesjuh wrote:

Ask val to make a hard map with small circles & ar10, you'll all pussy out.
Mirage

Disease wrote:

Lesjuh wrote:

Ask val to make a hard map with small circles & ar10, you'll all pussy out.
That looks so easy, better implement AR233 too.
Neruell
I would still prefer playing with normal circle size and normal drain and everything normal and ar11 rather than playing this (which is approved)
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/7671
Hinanawi-sama
even if a AR11+ gets implemented, its not like any map that uses it is EVER gonna get ranked so its not gonna matter
i support this but anyone that still complains knowing this is arguing to argue, aka its pointless
Sexy DQS
I am for it but for people like myself i can play AR 8 at max cause any faster is too hard for me o_O
GigaClon

Sathron wrote:

Before anything, you should be able to set the approach rate yourself, as in, the mapper sets the recommended number, but you're still able to change it if you don't like it. There's such request somewhere already, and I hope it gets approved. Now, I doubt I'd ever use such high approach rate as 11, but it gives players more to choose from. If 10 is slow for you, then you could simply use 11! Still, not sure how 10 could ever be too slow...
This! Just like Beatmania/DDR
Neruell

GigaClon wrote:

Sathron wrote:

Before anything, you should be able to set the approach rate yourself, as in, the mapper sets the recommended number, but you're still able to change it if you don't like it. There's such request somewhere already, and I hope it gets approved. Now, I doubt I'd ever use such high approach rate as 11, but it gives players more to choose from. If 10 is slow for you, then you could simply use 11! Still, not sure how 10 could ever be too slow...
This! Just like Beatmania/DDR
This is just like any other music game our there xD O2jam/Djmax/Beatmania and so on...
Foggen
The mods exist for making a song more challenging to play. The devs have better stuff to do than implement a feature that will only be used by a handful of people.
palinus
I might be sane but I still approve of AR11, flamers gonna flame :>
-Soba-
AR11 really isn't that bad ._. AR12 is blasphemous though
laserpollo
I agree \o/
em24_old
More AR for the people \o/
I feel this as a neccesary addition.
Low
No. This is my response to this.

Me as a mapper's point of view - Approach rate 10 isn't used often anyways.
If AR11 is added, it's just going to be abused.

Me as a player's point of view - AR10 is very hard to read for most players. Why would you even add AR11?
Mismagius
Please don't turn osu! into stepmania
Natteke
stay safe op...
dkun
So which mappers here have an approved AR10 map they would like to share with us all?

I don't know what OP was smoking when suggesting this, but this should get denied, like right now.
Derekku
AR 10 isn't even used in maps; there's no reason to add 11 or anything higher.
aRtii-
asians = ar14
DerekMcD
Why it's got denied?
joseph
Ok so... I have no idea why this got denied so fast. I remember this going up a few days ago. There hasn't been a serious discussion about this and it already got denied? People know that AR10 is the max but if you change it to AR11 people will start playing AR10 more and AR11 will be the new goal. I don't know why you guys even care about AR11 not beeing added to the game. if you don't like it don't play it? And if it's to crazy don't rank it?

Btw it can be funny and a bigger challenge for TAG.
Mismagius

kokoroanime wrote:

Why it's got denied?
Why shouldn't it get denied?

Like 10-20 people in the whole 1.2kk player community would do any maps with that, also not forgetting the fact that ANY map with AR11 would require LOTS of artificial difficulty which shouldn't be something players expect from a ranked/approved mapset.

EDIT: And adding a feature "just for fun" is pointless.
Zekira
My question is, how did this NOT get denied sooner?

This shouldn't even have reached more than page 2.
-Athena-
Time for a lock?
Rey Fullbuster
Y U DENIED THE AR11 ? :x
Soaprman

joseph wrote:

People know that AR10 is the max but if you change it to AR11 people will start playing AR10 more and AR11 will be the new goal.
Why didn't having AR 10 make people start playing AR 10 more? I don't think AR 10's existence made people play AR 9 more either.

Difficulty in maps is creeping upward well enough on its own. It doesn't need a push.

(Adding this might make sense in conjunction with a custom AR user setting, though, I guess)
D33d
Such a ridiculous proposition.
kriers

D33d wrote:

Such a ridiculous proposition.
QFT
RusticKey
Well I wouldn't be able to read the fricking AR11 in the first place.
Derekku
AR10 has existed for 3+ years. Show us some ranked/approved maps that used AR10 but didn't play well because the approach rate was too low. Hint: They don't exist.

IIRC only a few maps have ever used AR10, and they played horribly. There's no reason to implement anything higher when the current maximum isn't even being used.

EDIT: Talked with Blue Dragon, and it seems that only 3 maps have ever been ranked with AR10, and they were mapped back in 07/08. 2 maps have recently been approved with AR10, but the BPMs were a bit high and so they're not too bad (although AR9 would've played better imo).