forum

So, what's up with the comments

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Salty Mermaid
Maybe this has already been discussed, I don't know. If yes, just tell me delete this thread.
Also I don't know if this is the right forum to post this kind of topics, let me know if it's not.

I just wanted to talk about it a little bit. What's up with the comments on the replays, seriously. I'm pretty sure most people have noticed, but on some maps, there's some really disturbing comments that I won't say here, because this game is supposed to be for all ages, right? In the chats, moderators are there to see if anyone is misbehaving or saying stupid stuff, but I was wondering if something was done about the comments in the replays or if thi was ignored, idk, I don't go back to those maps to see if it's the case. Just one example, https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1040942.

I just wanted to bring this up, since it's getting annoying when I want to watch replays and that there's those stupid comments in the way. Yes, I know, there's the option to not show the comments, but by doing so, I would just ignored the problem (because yes, in my opinion it's a problem and I'm sure a lot of people can agree on that), and I don't think it really is the right thing to do. Then again, if people are actively taking care of that and that I just haven't noticed, please excuse me, I don't want to offend anyone with this thread.
Almalu
I thought no one really cared about them but I've also seen quite a lot of those comments. Perhaps someone is just trying to be edgy...
I haven't found anything that says they are fixing it and sadly I don't think they will, but I could be wrong or just weren't looking hard enough.
Winnyace
most ppl I saw on those comments where either shitposting or worshipping the play. for me, comments are just something useless bc nobody actually cares that much about.

if it is some disturbing comments there,reporting the comment to a moderator with evidences might fix the situation.
Topic Starter
Salty Mermaid
Useless, that's exactly what they are (the comments, I mean). And honestly I think they should just be removed from the game. Firstly, because sometime, shitposts go a little too far and simply removing comments from the game would take care of that, and secondly, if people want to worship the map, there's other ways to do so, like on the beatmap's discussion.
Winnyace

Salty Mermaid wrote:

honestly I think they should just be removed from the game

same

Salty Mermaid wrote:

shitposts go a little too far and simply removing comments from the game would take care of that

shitposting is everywhere. we can't really escape, but yea. removing comments all together will be much better. is not like anybody actually use this anyway.

Salty Mermaid wrote:

if people want to worship the map, there's other ways to do so, like on the beatmap's discussion.

or Reddit, but the subreddit is full of 6 digits and full of just bad memes and bad posts. or here's a better way to worship a map, just favorite the map and watch the mapper for his work. maybe even recommanded to ur friends and stuff like this.
Kirika
I think you can disable it, although that obviously doesn't excuse what it is.

Let me see..

Just untick that circle in the highlighted box, and you should be good to go.

That being said, I have actually never used it, perhaps it is an obsolete feature. Either way it's not like it damages the games performance, so it probably won't be removed.

Edit: I suppose I didn't actually tell you where in the replay this is.. oops.

Click the highlighted box here when you are watching a replay. It should be on the right side of the screen (excuse the scuffed image). Then go back to what I was saying earlier. To be fair, you might of known all this regardless, but the silver lining I suppose is that if someone stumbles across this they will know how now.
Topic Starter
Salty Mermaid

Salty Mermaid wrote:

Yes, I know, there's the option to not show the comments, but by doing so, I would just ignored the problem (because yes, in my opinion it's a problem and I'm sure a lot of people can agree on that), and I don't think it really is the right thing to do.
Like I said, just ignoring it isn't the right thing to do, imo. If those comments would be in the #osu channel, I don't think the people writting it would get away with it that easily. So why should we let it be in the replays comment.

Kirika wrote:

Either way it's not like it damages the games performance, so it probably won't be removed.
It doesn't damage the game performance indeed, just like anything people could write in the channels. Doesn't mean nothing should be done about it. But yea, I guess there's more important things to do.
Flanster
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. The replay comment system has definitely been overlooked and possibly abused by many over the years. In reality moderating such a vast space of maps with comments written at unknown intervals is quite the overhead. Some may find the feature useless / a place to spam/shitpost compared to back in the day when implemented. We'll keep it in mind and hopefully resolve this problem in the near future. In the meantime you may report these to a QAT who will be able to remove them.
B1rd
Good to see someone hates fun enough to want to police the map comment system.
Winnyace

B1rd wrote:

Good to see someone hates fun enough to want to police the map comment system.

shitposting is quite fun but it becomes annoying after a while of the same joke/meme/phrase.
abraker
I forgot those existed, and now can't imagine the shit that might have been overlooked. I think those are kinda unrealistic to moderate unless you got some kind of feed for them. osu! is prob better off without the niconico-like commenting.