forum

Deus Ex Mafia [TOWN WIN]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Lybydose

vote: bmin11
Drakari_old
I have no idea what that means but I don't like it. Anybody offer some insight?
bmin11
I'm assuming that is a random vote with randomizing program. Could be his ability I guess idk
Kanye West
Lybydose is probably a computer or something lol. Can only vote according to RNG. Whatever, might as well

vote: NoHItter

for now

PS - Everyone's special powers must be based on assorted augments that they might have.
NoHitter
Unvote
Vote:kanye west

So kanye, why did you vote me?
I can understand Salvage's sort of obvious sarcastic reason to vote me, but you just basically hopped on the bandwagon just like that.
bmin11
I'll be away until Monday night, or even Tuesday. Sorry.
Salvage
Question for everyone: For which company do you work? if it's said on your role (if not clarify why not cause i find it highly unlikely)

I'm with Sarif.

Also i didn't vote you nh sadly.
bmin11
I personally don't think the soft claim is going to harm us, but I still want your explanation, because I may be misthinking.
Salvage
Because i think it can be helpfull, there is no 'bad' company in the game so there is no reason to fake claim, i want to have more information to work with-.

I'm going to sleep now :(
NoHitter
whoops I meant Sync
bmin11
Better then missing my chance to claim for you guys. I work at Panchaea.
NoHitter
I'm a Sarif employee, but went to Panchea with the CEO.
Rantai
Apparently I work in Sarif Industries, following Sarif to Panchaea.
Mashley
I guess my last post went straight over people's heads.
I'm Adam Jensen, basically the coolest guy ever.
Salvage
Cop on mashley doc on mashley.

You may aswell roleclaim tommorrow too mash, like your actions and stuff.

Also @NoHitter: Are you still working with Panchea with the CEO or you got scared and ran away?.
Kanye West

NoHItter wrote:

Unvote
Vote:kanye west

So kanye, why did you vote me?
I can understand Salvage's sort of obvious sarcastic reason to vote me, but you just basically hopped on the bandwagon just like that.
I thought you wanted to be lynched so that you could show some ability or something. But if you were joking and you truly are from Sarif, then
unvote

Btw I am a Sarif Employee as well. I heard a minigun go off and saw someone killed. Also apparently a ton of augmented people are going crazy so third parties are definitely possible.
NoHitter
Well I ran when I saw the people going crazy and hid in a closet.
NoHitter
Also Unvote for a while.
Going to ask the mod a question.
Salvage
I confirm NH town.
Salvage
oh kanye west too cool, 3 confirmed town d1 good enough
Salvage
Ok i'm cool with a Sync lynch right now

vote Sync
NoHitter
I think we have the same reasoning Salvage. That's why I asked JInxy to confirm something.
Sleep Powder
I'm scared of all the unknown flavor... but based on everyone's response I guess Lybydose is good. Sync is being a little quiet now... if I went with meta I would say he could be a scared mafia. Also, I'm part of Panchaea.

Vote: Sync
Kanye West
There are still quite a few who haven't said anything so I don't really understand why people are voting for Sync...
Salvage
Because he's against lurkers himself and he lurked already, and posted in another thread, probabbly thinking to not mess up with this kind of claim thing.

I suggest you vote him too ^__^
Drakari_old
Apparently I've got quite a few employees.
Rantai
Another blind vote based off meta?

Actually which meta are you referring to, I've been really out of touch lately.
Salvage
Suggest something better and i may hear Rantai

Right now i'm confirmed town and you're not, and if i turn out not to then it's 3 outed mafia (the whole team? rofl) so you'll have to take what i say as truth and don't doubt me, you can check any of us 3 and profit (to make it simpler we are confirmed town to each other by flavour stuff we have in common)

Also the thing about Sync is simple, he's against lurking and he's doing it right now, we lynch him .. i do want to remark that if you have a better suggestion then go ahead.
Kanye West

NoHItter wrote:

Well I ran when I saw the people going crazy and hid in a closet.
This was also part of my backstory. I'm guessing all the vanilla townies (Sarif employees) have the same backstory then:

Saw a bunch of augmented people go crazy (I'm guessing both Panchaean workers and Tyrants) and gunshots
Hid in closet
Opened closet to find bunch of dead people
Rantai
Welp this again. Your claiming 3 people are town is completely wifom. It could be that you are mafia and call out 2 towns, independent calling out random people (now while I know nothing of Deus Ex, didn't you say none of the in game factions are 'good or bad'? What makes similar flavour town?). Honestly I have no clue how the factioning works in this game.

But that isn't my problem here, I just had no idea what the meta actually was (ie my memory fails me). That and you know I hate just following a vote without something concrete.

In the end I'm still trying to figure out what means what.
Salvage
Rantai, we said different parts of the flavour in the role to confirm each other, that's why i asked NH what i did (it's on the role PM), the only other option is that all of us are mafia and that would be game if any of us is found guilty, and the other way arround (if any of us is found of town or better yet if scanned by a rolecop), we could even eventually lynch one to confirm the other 2.

With that said we said concrete parts of the role pm, i asked the first one then nohitter followed it and kanye ended it, so i can confirm both of them with myself role PM, there is no reason as for why you wouldn't want to fully believe in what i said, but ok.

EDIT: AMC THE WALKING DEAD .. yessssssss finally dl'd-.
NoHitter
Well technically, we can still confirm 2 more people as there are still specific words that have yet to be said.
But yes, I'm still waiting for JInxy's reply to the question I asked.
Rantai

Host wrote:

Pregame Mod Notes:
1. Role PMs are pretty heavy on flavour, but that's all there is to it, don't bother trying to confirm people with it.
I thought something was poking my side for some reason.
Salvage
Whatever, i have to say that i can confirm atleast kanye for sure to be town, i'd like to say i can confirm NH too, if i die then it's confirmed for sure and i can asure it for various reasons i rather not list.

Again then since we're at 0, what do u suggest ranty? :D
Rantai
Well first things first, I wish that everyone who's in this game would actually post something. No that is not a "lynch the lurkers" statement, but it seems we don't even have the entire player base here.

Going through the ISO's;

Sync - Has a random vote
Salvage - Initiated mass flavour claim, 'confirms' 2 others as town
Drakari - Jumped in mass flavour claim
Mashley - Claimed Adam Jenson
Kayne - Votes Hitter, provides brush off reason, jumps in mass flavour claim, expands heavily on claim
bmin - Slightly apprehensive of mass flavour claim, claims in the end
TBTE - Has posted nothing
animask - Has one bandwagon vote and joined in the mass flavour claim
Backfire - Has posted nothing significant
Lilac - Has posted nothing significant
Lybydose - Votes with an unknown number/method
NoHitter - Self votes, votes a voter, unvotes claiming to ask the mod for something, joins the mass flavour claim

Outside that the rest is just fluff (if I missed something, point it out). Anyway going by that, I have a small suspicion on Hitter as a serial killer/independent due to his early self vote. I really didn't like Kayne's brush off but on the off chance that you aren't lying I'll keep that thought floating for now. animask's bandwagon vote is the most suspicious thing out of all them so far but the problem is that he is animask so it's basically a null tell on him.

In the end if activity keeps up like that I would like to see some replacements. But at this stage there is simply not enough going on to form a plan, in my opinion.
NoHitter
How exactly is voting one self early on a sign of being an independent?
Rantai
An unprompted self vote brings the bucket of wifom crashing down onto our heads.

Normally I'd associate that with a jester looking for a lynch. Though I highly doubt you'd do that so I'm thinking SK or other some such trying to pass off as a jester. I don't think you're mafia because it's too controversial (too much attention) and I don't think you're town because I don't see how you benefit from such a move unless you had absolutely nothing to lose.

Of course you can always brush it off with "I was baiting people" which honestly comes off extremely weakly.
Backfire
K sorry, yesterday was a busy day.
I work for Sarif industries, btw.
Topic Starter
Jinxy
NoHItter - 1 (Sync)
bmin11 - 1 (Lybydose)
Sync - 2 (Salvage, animask)

Day ends in 17 hours... Technically.
I have lessons then so there will most likely be a 3-5 hour extension.
Drakari_old
I've been in games before where the mafia (equivalent) had the entirety of the generic town role included in their PM.

Just saying.
show more