forum

I dont know when to aim for higher digits..

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
tomatas95
That's what i want to ask..I just started 4digits like a week ago? ish and i started getting 94% acc sometimes 80%(cuz some specific songs i'll never beat :( ) sometimes 90% acc from 4,1stars so i kinda went and tried 4,3stars becouse i was doing well in 4,1 and 4,3 turned out horrible cuz of my streaming skills, and such so i came back at 4,1 with 92% accuracy..So can anyone advice me when to go 4,3+++?
I'd appreciate!
Sincerely.
maraa
what dose 4 digits mean?
RinAisha
4 digits = top 10k
but if you can only pass some 4* maps, you're not 4 digits I think xD
I'm 6 digits i can pass 5* lol
Topic Starter
tomatas95
i meant 4stars lol sorry
NeKroMan4ik
P L A Y M O R E, i don't recommend you to move further until you are able to get S on 4* with >95% acc.
VinZentVanDough
Get a good profile picture to increase skill

Always aim to get better, especially in skill, not pp.

Judging by your skill level and top play, you should try longer maps to increase consistency.

When to aim for higher difficulties? Any time really, but if you want to do them, you need to practice and play more

You should slowly increase the difficulty and play hard maps every now and then. Don't try to FC a map that you know you can't FC, you'll end up retrying it over and over, making the game boring. I made that mistake once. Also, try to improve acc.

TL;DR : enjoy game, don't farm, increase accuracy, and don't lose motivation

NeKroMan4ik wrote:

P L A Y M O R E, i don't recommend you to move further until you are able to get S on 4* with >95% acc.
brodicy
Honestly you don't need to worry about being able to play certain star ratings. If I were at your current rank and with the current skill you have, I would just stick to 3* and 2*. Once you acquire enough skill to play maps within this star range comfortably and accurately, you'll notice that maps that you once thought were really hard start to become easier. I know that maybe sounds lame and you probably want to play like the top players and get as fast as them already but if you try to do that in your current state without having a solid bases of skill (consistently being able to stream, comfortably hitting doubles, triples, quads, and even burst streams, moving your cursor comfortably across any pattern etc.) you won't have the best results for the time you're putting into this game.

If you play very old maps, like 2007 - 2012, you will be so much better at this game than most of the people who play osu! these days. Don't only focus on old maps though, play other maps as you would like.

Also, when playing maps, you should focus on learning how to properly click each circle. Pay attention to the rhythm of each song and just follow it. If you find the set rhythm of each song the said song becomes much easier to understand.

I would not recommend jumping from 3-4.5* in one day. Take your time and play the game for progress. Try to hit difficult patterns and maybe even retry a map a few times.

The goal (for me at least) in this game, is to have a lot of fun but to also improve on the little things. For example, I used to be really bad at doubles (only a stack of 2 circles) but I started playing maps that had these doubles and then and I focused on trying to hit these without getting 100's. It eventually came to a point where I didn't have to focus on these doubles anymore and now I can hit them with consistency but not ALL the time (still improving).

Also, DO NOT worry about your rank, your rank literally does nothing to your skill. I've been around the same rank for about a year because I don't try to set top plays or pp farm. Just have fun with this game. Don't turn this game into something that feels like work or that you HAVE to do. Take a break every once in a while, learn how bpm(Beats Per Minute) works, learn how ar(Approach Rate) works, find a new pin grip that suits your needs, maybe acquire a new clicking style.

There is definitely more to it when people just say "play more" because that saying is just a bunch of summed up hoopla.

But seriously, plz enjoy game :p
ManuelOsuPlayer
There are 3* stream maps. Play those first.
Kirika
You can't really go wrong unless you are literally just button mashing and aiming uncontrollably because the map is too hard. Either improve consistency on easier maps or improve aim and speed on harder ones. A good balance of both should do you good.

Good Luck.

Topic Starter
tomatas95
Thanks very much for the advice..But talking some people said practise streaming..Well that's what i was trying to do since streams first started at 4 star songs,and i can not get atleast 1 x with a few 50's and 100's since i multitap with (zxzx) i always do them too fast or too slow...Im not sure anymore..So i tried singletapping streams and my keyboard button doesnt refresh to push it again that fast if i singletap a wave of buttons a.k.a streams... Tried those stream practise maps.. I didint get them at all...Failed inthe first 5seconds and quitted them since i didint even understood how it worked and all...
When it comes to getting better..I usually play 20songs everyday i tried yesterday and 2days ago i enjoyed and would try to get an FC or something like that..What annoys me more that some songs in my list are 4,01 star and its way harder than a 4.7 star song (yes i tried it once lol) for e.g with a HP:8 or something like that
And why playing old maps though? Are they harder than 2017-2018's beatmaps?
Thanks!
Sincerely.
ManuelOsuPlayer
Play 2'8* to 3'9 stream maps.
Learn to acc at 2-3* maps before go to 4*. It's faster.
NeKroMan4ik

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Play 2'8* to 3'9 stream maps.
Learn to acc at 2-3* maps before go to 4*. It's faster.
^^^
mulraf
just play what you want. imho a good range is one that's slightly above your skill to improve, but not to much. the problem is people misjudge their skill often. try around the star range of your highest fc would be a possible estimate i guess. but don't forget, it's just a game, it's just for fun, so if you rather want to play something else, JUST. DO IT. it doesn't hurt playing easier maps. it doesn't hurt playing harder maps in moderation. and if it's harder maps but not in moderation but you enjoy it.... well, you might get into conflict with wanting to improve but think about the fun first c:
Topic Starter
tomatas95
Yeah,thanks :D,btw 2,8star-3,8star maps doesnt have any streams or my 4k maps are just trash :D
show more