forum

Do any of your friends know what osu! is?

posted
Total Posts
show more
xiiyeet
Yeah one person of like 50 friends, he played til like 50PP then he quit lol
Justified
Well, I managed to get one of my friends to play this game and now he's addicted rip
SolarCell27
One of my friend (who is an otaku) played this game in the class, back then I was like "Is this magic or something? Can he play Touhou?". Yeah, it was 2 years ago. Now I think I can play Touhou osu! to.
Jendrej
Someone installed osu on the computers in my middle school and everyone in my class at least saw what it looks like. Now in high school I have a friend who sometimes plays osu on his phone, he said he doesn’t play on a computer almost at all though. Actually that was part of the reason why I sat down now today and started playing, as I hasn’t really done it before. He has another friend from his middle school who claims to be high in the national ranking, but probably not high enough.
So what was the point of me writing this?
KayRift
I have never met a random person outside that knew anything about Osu. My circle knows of Osu because i bring it up when we are discussing games we play, but as far as someone who plays it fairly often and is decent at the game, then i have no one around me.
edvin184
2 of them know, the 1st one has ~2500pp, and the 2nd one started playing yesterday on mobile (the opsu! app)
Refills
no
Mayflower
damn i know like 6, all of them within the 600-2k pp range. they play a ton and are in on all the osu memes, but i wish i knew someone at my rank so multis wouldn't be that boring.
Edgar_Figaro
Most of my friends know what Osu is but have no desire to play the game as they aren’t fan of rythmn games.
thermosento
A few people know osu in my school, but mostly because some fortnite/overwatch player played it in a stream or something :(

The one person who plays osu a bit is a noob

then again, so am I
Acerbus_old_1
I don't know. I've never tried to talk about osu to someone in real life, but that's because my friends are not the kind of people who play videogames.
Sicoh
I actually heard one of my friends talking about osu at my school. And I immediately jumped into the conversation and he obviously said its a weeb game, I tried to prove him wrong but with no luck :T
RhagnarrL
Weell sorta xDD since when i discovered the game i started playing it all the time and kept telling them about it all day long since i love the game so much :D its fun , sometimes makes me go arhggggg but that's because i f@#$ up :D , and i kept sending them videos of some amazing osu plays :D
c0bica
People ask me what games I play and I can't say osu! because they start to judge me and I feel awkward so I just say normal games such as Minecraft. And when I try to explain what osu! is, people just either ignore me or tell me to do something more productive with my life... *sigh*
Arctos Sagittario
A good number of my acquaintances in Overwatch-related interest groups know what osu! is, thanks to pro ow streamers. Some of the cg artists I know have heard or tried osu! also. But that’s pretty much it.
RiceyBoi12
i don't know anyone that plays osu.
diseum_old
here in phil. most of my classmates are weebs too so i didn't had a hard time convincing them to play osu with me. we talk about osu non stop during class, we share experiences especially most of my friends are mouse players and complains about how it's impossible to finish 1,2s using a mouse.
y3kth0
I live in Germany and in my school they make fun of me for liking anime and playing osu. Everytime I ask my friends if we want to play some osu together they call me a weeb :( I don't really get why they can't just try it once it's not like they have to play it forever.
jujika
All of them, but only 2 or 3 really play it
Ashens
I try to explain it to them saying "play osu! its a fun and challenging rhythm game" and get responded with... "HA YOU'RE A WEEB" :/
keremaru
Most people, friend or classmate, know that I play osu!. Mostly because I played it excessively last year in school, but it's on and off so far this year. About four other people that I personally know play osu!, and most of my friends know about my, ahem, "osu! addiction", which nobody can really call it that at this point, since I don't focus on osu! 24/7 anymore.

So yes, they know what osu! is, since I play it.
Szpaj
Yes i have few friends that know what osu is but only three of them have tried it. One of them is actually really skilled at the moment, and the second one got introduced by me into the game and he started to like the game so im happ. The third one, played one time with tablet and thought u need to tap with your pen (i know you can play like that, but it's not good for beginners) so he raged and told me that this game is stupid af, that's all.
blvknight
i study in a japanese school and for some reason they don't like anime songs that much or play osu. not what i expected to see tbh
UkerBoss1772
i only play osu at my school. the rest are fortnite players
Reone
Well, many of my friends know it (mostly otakus).. but they don't play it much.. many of them only plays it for like 2 months, then quit.. they always give up before trying :/
KemZii
What are friends? LOL
Reki-kun_DELETED
I showed it my classmates years ago, but they didn't tried.
- Savery -
Only one and he's my collab
And other of my friends just say "no, im not a weeb"
Boom
TheEJA18
no.
immortal_flint
Journal

ChiakiNanami wrote:

Yeah i have some friends that played osu and some i tried teaching but they just gave up in the end

Showed it to two friends and same thing occurred
Carmlillball
I have a friend who I've mentioned Osu! to before, but they remain uninterested. I say, good for them.
Brainage
All my friends that I have told about osu! called it trash. one of them told me that osu! is better than fortnite but refuses to play it with me because he still takes minecraft pvp seriously LOL

tl:dr my friends are rarted
Ocalino
...friends ?
tbh I still have the discord of an old school minecraft friend who used to be a fan of naruto and used to play a lot of osu and that's how I first heard of the game but that's it.

But what am I even saying I don't even play osu lmao
ASHIQUL

Ocalino wrote:

...friends ?
tbh I still have the discord of an old school minecraft friend who used to be a fan of naruto and used to play a lot of osu and that's how I first heard of the game but that's it.

But what am I even saying I don't even play osu lmao

in your profile
try to change your avatar (u wont have to change it)
then it will show u that it has sent and email to verify that it is u
then go to ur email
u will find it there
type the code
and voila
u can change anything
but dont change ur username
because its free for only once
got it?

the friend thing happens to me also
and because i live in bangladesh and all
there are not many people who play osu here
i think 2k people play osu here
when i tell my friends about osu
they tell me its a 'faltu'game
translated it means its a boring or not fun game
and they talk about shooting games
i mean COME ON
shooting games are all the freaking same
damn you pubg
Adowa_old
Some do, the ones that dont know what it is, i tell then about it and they either say its too hard (On a beginner level) or it sucks, lol
Addict
I don't think anyone does lol
Arachnid
I have an entire circle of friends that play Osu!
- Roman -
there are a couple people i have met that know about osu, most of them either dont play it or they do but they can only do 1 star maps and stuff. everyone else i just showed them the game.
choroi
i have no friends, society sucks
show more