forum

Do any of your friends know what osu! is?

posted
Total Posts
show more
levesterz
Just one. He saw me play oss one time in my campus room and like 'woah i din know your are into anime and he ask what game i was playing and copy and paste all tge song file to his laptop.
ItsJustTroll
Why did you remind me that I don't have any friends? :(
Almalu
I started playing osu! thanks to my only friend.
abraker
Most actually don't or don't care
ReconWolf
majority of my friends never heard of the game,
only like three friends of mines heard / played the game
day
i got into osu! because one of my friends,and the others will either tell me congratz when i make a good play on a discord call or don't really care
Chadol
Two of my friends quit after getting around 400pp, and I couldn’t convince any other friends to get the game, because they’re convinced it’s trash
defnf
(deleted)
mulraf
everytime someone asks me what i play it's like "this and osu, you've probably never heard of it" which they agree on. then i tell them "well, you probably know guitar hero. it's not really that close but both are rhythm games" and then they're like oh, ok i guess. but one day someone answered "oh, i know osu" after the first question. kinda made me happy until i found out he only plays osu!droid from time to time :D
beachTurkey
me
ProbablyOswald
Yeah, most of my friends know what osu! is, now that I've explained it to them (and kind of talked about it a lot even though they didn't care about it). A few of my friends even gave it a shot, but like most people, they ended up stopping as 7-digits with 1-10pp.
Dudu-san
Friends?
Keiger
i have returned, and not really nah
weihe123
I"m pretty sure most of my friends know what Osu is. They just don't play.
Lyawi
As soon as I told them how to play it they were like "wow you're weird, why do you play such boring shit".. I mean.. clicking circles to the beat....uh
But in the end it's cool and they don't understand it ;w; I may explained it shitty though
Owled0wt
Doubt it. one is a weeb so maybe but the other doesnt kbow much about games in general.
wiblywobly
They know osu but they really don't like it. They say its so boring. I don't understand like gurl is you blind?
TeeArctic1
A couple of them know, but only one of them play somewhat actively -he has sort of an on/off relationship with the game.
Once gave him a tablet for free though, so think that helped keep the interest up.
MyztikOSU
Me and my friend play all the time, but aren't that good (2-3 star range) but osu is a great game :)
Xettai
DominekGo
One of them actually knows what it is, because i told him :p.
IceStatic_old
I have a few friends that know about the game, but they do not play it.
Caput Mortuum
many people i know know it, but dont play it
f1shcak3
I know one of my friends introduced me to it but no longer plays, the rest have no idea what it is
YoshiChen
I actually have a very few group of friends who know what osu! is and even a smaller number of friends who play it. Then typical response from someone who has heard of osu but has never actually explores the osu community either says one of 3 things:

1.Why osu!? why not [insert other popular game name here].

2. Only weebs play osu.

3. Osu is so easy and takes no skill.

To be honest I get pretty pissed of to hear these statements but at the end of the day were just clicking circles to the beat so we can get better at clicking more circels. :oops:
KemZii
Only three but they never want to play with me D:
Vignette-
They see it as something that looks really cool but wouldn't want to play it themselves. :c
randombeann
my irl friend group has it and we all occasionally play together lmao leads to alot of yelling if one of us messes up lmao
CatzerTM
Yes we would occasionally play together. while others quit because it as too frustrating for them
ztrot
For nine years I tried to get non music game players to pick up osu! and nothing Now that I'm not a big part of the scene now everyone asks me hey what was that one game with the cirlces... ironic if i do say so myself
DeletedUser_8734694
Zekks
i have 1 that plays and i refuse to tell him my username bc then he'd find out so much about me lmao
Jordarrian
I'm not sure if any of my friends know but I'm sure they'd quit after like an hour
Szetiark
Other than the ones who called it game for weebs, I had like 4-5 friends who played, but most of em stopped. Kinda bummed since some of them started before I did.
1 or 2 are on-n-off nowadays.
jhen_old_1
Showed it to one of my friends yesterday and he didn't get it at all. rip
Geromu Keretem
Actually, one of my, sadly, now ex-friend, introduced to me osu!, other than that, no I haven't men anyone who knew what osu! is, so far. I told my friends about, some of them tried it, then played for 1 or 2 days and uninstalled.
Otaku-Cheeto
I know like a single person irl that knows what osu is
RemmyX25
I've met some of my best friends through osu!. I also forced it a lot when I was younger, and may have made people think I'm crazy. Not something I'm proud of.
zedd00
Not really, I've never met someone irl that likes or have heard about the game
Unam_T
nobody xD
show more