forum

Image Scaler

posted
Total Posts
show more
kaedori

LameO3000 wrote:

Hey there, ur program sounds cool, will this help out like lag caused by the skins? and also how do I use it?
Look up.

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

MattTheMysthYt wrote:

can someone tell how to use it
This is especially for guys who create skins. Normally, the skinner created some HD elements (@2x files) and this program create normal files with the standard resolution (without @2x).

If you use this to do the thing I talked about in the previous paragraph, you need just in 'Input Folder' put you skin folder and press Start, the program is already configured to do that
Topic Starter
Roan

LameO3000 wrote:

Hey there, ur program sounds cool, will this help out like lag caused by the skins? and also how do I use it?
I hope that TTChaos' answer addressed the usage part of your question. As for whether it will help out with lag caused by skins. I would assume that it does not, this program is a tool for skinners to use when making a skin to make it easier to make SD elements, if you already have a completed skin there's not really a need to run this program. And there's not really a significant different performance wise when it comes to images created manually and images generated by this program.
dawwideq
@ 2x has been added to all file names. Can this option be turned off? Do you have to delete all yourself (^ ~ ^;) ゞ
EDIT: One of the files has been changed by the program from .png to .psd.
Some files are double - one with @ 2x and the other not, as I am supposed to understand the ones without are the unscaled ones
YesRythm
does it work on standard to @2x
pithau
wow it's working thankyou dude
Topic Starter
Roan

dawwideq wrote:

@ 2x has been added to all file names. Can this option be turned off? Do you have to delete all yourself (^ ~ ^;) ゞ
EDIT: One of the files has been changed by the program from .png to .psd.
Some files are double - one with @ 2x and the other not, as I am supposed to understand the ones without are the unscaled ones
If you are running with default settings then no names will get @2x added to them and no extensions will be changed either. The idea is that you run this on a skin with HD elements (@2x files) and then SD elements will be generated automatically (files without @2x) and that's what the default settings are configured to do. I'm not quite sure how you got some of the results you're describing, so if you have detailed steps to reproduce them I'd be interested.

YesRythm wrote:

does it work on standard to @2x
Technically yes, but note that upscaling an image only gets you more resolution not quality. If you want to upscale an image and increase its quality you may want to take a look at waifu2x.

pithau wrote:

wow it's working thankyou dude
You're welcome :)
Clux
ooo
JakeBlade2017
Hey, i have a question abut this program

¿How i can Downscale images with this progam?
Topic Starter
Roan

JakeBlade2017 wrote:

Hey, i have a question abut this program

¿How i can Downscale images with this progam?
You can set the scaling factor in the GUI, this is the number that the dimensions of the input images will be multiplied with to create the output image. So a number below 1 means images get downscaled, a number equal to 1 means the output becomes the same as the input and a number greater than 1 mean the images get upscaled.
BukoPie
Hello! I know this is an old thread but this solution worked and thank you! I can definitely use this program not only for osu! but for other things as well when it comes to images.
Topic Starter
Roan

BukoPie wrote:

Hello! I know this is an old thread but this solution worked and thank you! I can definitely use this program not only for osu! but for other things as well when it comes to images.
I'm glad it is useful to you :)
svtzx
Could you do it for me? I tried, and didn't work.. https://skins.osuck.net/index.php?newsid=1107 (CK version)
Zelzatter Zero

xzintocatgirls wrote:

Could you do it for me? I tried, and didn't work.. https://skins.osuck.net/index.php?newsid=1107 (CK version)
what error are you getting? Just simply saying it doesn't work and expect people to do the task for you ain't it.
JustABeginner
If you're really confused how it works, all you have to do is insert the file location for both input and output folder at the top - you can relocate the output folder by unchecking the "write to input folder".

If you did try but still no avail, I think your images are located in a new file. Try searching something like "Not applicable, input is a file" outside the program.
NasiGaPakeNasi
this is very helpful, thank you
Topic Starter
Roan

NasiGaPakeNasi wrote:

this is very helpful, thank you
ManJebs
Imma ask if this program will exist in android? I rlly need it xD
Topic Starter
Roan

ManJebs wrote:

Imma ask if this program will exist in android? I rlly need it xD
I currently do not have any plans (or time) to port the program to Android. This would be quite a lot of work, so unless it becomes a common request I probably won't do it. Honestly I didn't even know people made skins on their Android devices >_>
CrimsonKyle
How do I make the picture 16;10 aspect ratio? or 1650x1050 resolution?
Topic Starter
Roan

CrimsonKyle wrote:

How do I make the picture 16;10 aspect ratio? or 1650x1050 resolution?
If you have an existing picture with the correct aspect ratio you can just compute which factor you need to scale down by. If you do not have a picture with the correct aspect ratio you will need to first cut your image to the correct size with some image editing software.
EmelyKuro
Hii i had a trouble with my osu skin on mac due to the mod selection doesn't show the skin. So i was wondering can mac use this image scaler too?
Topic Starter
Roan

EmelyKuro wrote:

Hii i had a trouble with my osu skin on mac due to the mod selection doesn't show the skin. So i was wondering can mac use this image scaler too?
Hey, the program should run just fine on mac, specifically the Java Archive version and assuming you have Java installed. I'm not sure if it would solve the issue you're having with your skin though.
EmelyKuro
Ahh alright!! thank you so much for telling me! :D
Bluecord6411
this works so well!!!! :o
Topic Starter
Roan

Bluecord6411 wrote:

this works so well!!!! :o
oozorasubaru1
stupid question, can i convert 16:9 skins to 16:10 with this? how to do it?
Topic Starter
Roan

oozorasubaru1 wrote:

stupid question, can i convert 16:9 skins to 16:10 with this? how to do it?
You can't, this program is purely for batch image resizing so the aspect ratio will remain the same. It also wouldn't really be possible to automate changing the aspect ratio of a skin in many cases as you'd effectively need to create new content out of nothing (otherwise the images would need to stretched or cut).
GoodRacer900
can i get some tutorial?

i want to use it for HD to SD
Topic Starter
Roan

GoodRacer900 wrote:

can i get some tutorial?

That's what the default settings are for, so all you need to do is set the input folder to the skin folder and optionally change the output folder if you want the SD files in a separate location. And then you just press 'Start' and wait for it to finish.
KGB_RUSSIAN
Очень полезная программа! Для тех ,у кого слабый пк:)
=====================================================
A very useful program! For those who have a weak PC:)
GoodRacer900

Roan wrote:

GoodRacer900 wrote:

can i get some tutorial?

That's what the default settings are for, so all you need to do is set the input folder to the skin folder and optionally change the output folder if you want the SD files in a separate location. And then you just press 'Start' and wait for it to finish.

Topic Starter
Roan

KGB_RUSSIAN wrote:

Очень полезная программа! Для тех ,у кого слабый пк:)
=====================================================
A very useful program! For those who have a weak PC:)

GoodRacer900 wrote:

No problem :)
RenaiKun
Very useful, thank you!
Flying_Dino
Can you use this to make a skin from 1960x1080 to 2560 x 1080
coz my monitor is ultra wide :/

and can someone tell me how to do it if possible
RockRoller

Flying_Dino wrote:

Can you use this to make a skin from 1960x1080 to 2560 x 1080
coz my monitor is ultra wide :/

and can someone tell me how to do it if possible
No you can not, for that you need to edit the source files yourself. This program simply generates SD images from HD images
Daniel_osu
It wont find any files to rescale! How do i fix this?
Topic Starter
Roan

Daniel_osu wrote:

It wont find any files to rescale! How do i fix this?
You're going to have to be a bit more specific. Also note that by default it looks for image files than end in @2x in the folder you select as input.
SF JBaoz
thank you so much, this is amazing...
Topic Starter
Roan

SF JBaoz wrote:

thank you so much, this is amazing...
You're welcome and thank you for using it :)
Stomiks
Oh nice that's so cool
show more