forum

New multiplayer invite function not working [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
knjiga
I get the invite with the link. When I click it it should get me to the game but instead it opens the link in my browser. The link then tries to load and is not found.

Does anyone know why and how to solve it? (haven't tried reinstalling yet)
Kert
I have the same problem D:
omegaflo
Same problem here =x, using firefox, btw if this help
laport
I've encountered this problem with a taiko game only so far
CNM501
I too also have the same problem. Not quite sure why it's happening...A bug perhaps?
Hanyuu
same problem. using firefox
peppy
Please tell me which version your osu! client is if you are seeing this (options menu, top-right).
Kodoshi
osu!b1817
peppy
Can you also provide a sample link which is failing?
Kodoshi
osump//4537/

just that
peppy
Seems like the link is actually malformed in that case. I wonder if the person linking it to you is running an old version maybe?
Kodoshi
that cannot be, it happened with everyone i met in game yesterday (4 players) and i tried with dkun on this one and he has the recent version
peppy
Okay, I'll look into it.
MayBee
same problem..
Hanyuu

also osu! version: osu! b1817
and this are the links i will receive
dkun
I don't understand, links like those open fine to me (in MP that is). Is everyone that's experiencing the problem have FF as their default browser?
Kert
Nope. I use chrome
peppy
The thing is, these links are handled inside of osu! and should never touch the browser. I have tested the ones specified in this thread and can't replicate. Really puzzling.
Aoko
Yep, some links you can't click, some will.
peppy
Give me an example, then. All the ones I've tried so far (in this thread) work perfectly.
Aoko
My classmate said it doesn't work, but i guess it works now. Lol.
Kert
Any osump://number/ doesn't work for me
It loads the browser page
peppy
What does it load in your browser?
Kert
osump://1234/ pasted in the chat loads http://osump//1234/
Hanyuu
The thing is for me i can not open any of this multiplayer links. In firefox browser it will load a little while and then page not found
peppy
New version should fix.
Hanyuu
Okay thanks i will see and report back if it is working fine :)
show more