abraker

Quibbly wrote:

Radiohead wrote:

I didn't say anything about linear...

so you better say sorry or else.

SORRY
Now I wonder what the else is
_SkyFall
If you happen to have the chance to try to test different switches physically that would be the best.

Personally, I use red gateron switches and I love them, but they're far from being silent when pressed.
Topic Starter
Quibbly

Chadol wrote:

For osu! definitely avoid browns. Browns won't feel much different from the membrane you use now.

If you want a sensitive, quiet keyboard, I would suggest getting a keyboard from https://www.pcgamingrace.com/products/gmmk-tkl-tenkeyless-customized with Gateron Clears, and get a pack of o-rings to block out the noise. For the record Gateron Clears are 10 grams lighter than reds, and the typing experience is heavenly. It's also linear

I'm seeing a lot of good reviews about that keyboard, it sounds fun to build one as well. By the looks of it, gateron clears are similar to the razer yellow switches. Price is good too. I might just settle on that keyboard. Plus I want a master race sticker ;P

_SkyFall wrote:

If you happen to have the chance to try to test different switches physically that would be the best.

Personally, I use red gateron switches and I love them, but they're far from being silent when pressed.

Ya but I don't want to spend money just to buy sample switches. For 1 of each gateron switches it's around $10.
_SkyFall

Quibbly wrote:

Ya but I don't want to spend money just to buy sample switches. For 1 of each gateron switches it's around $10.
No of course not. But maybe in some shops in your local town there are some keyboards or just friends who own one where you can simply feel the pressing of each switch even without playing idk
That could be a lil bit helpful
Fangzy
It might be best if you can go to a local electronics store and try some keyboards out so that you can figure out what type of switch you actually like. That's what I did and decided on cherry mx reds. you don't wanna drop like $80-$150 on a keyboard and end up disliking it.
Topic Starter
Quibbly

Fangzy wrote:

It might be best if you can go to a local electronics store and try some keyboards out so that you can figure out what type of switch you actually like. That's what I did and decided on cherry mx reds. you don't wanna drop like $80-$150 on a keyboard and end up disliking it.

Thus the idea of getting a modular keyboard is a great idea and if I don't like the switches I chose the first time, I'll buy another set of new switches for ~$25 and replace the old switches. Chadol had a great idea :)
Chadol

Quibbly wrote:

Fangzy wrote:

Thus the idea of getting a modular keyboard is a great idea and if I don't like the switches I chose the first time, I'll buy another set of new switches for ~$25 and replace the old switches. Chadol had a great idea :)

Yee. I've bought a board from there before and it's great. If I feel like tactile, I'll pop in some blues. If I feel like linear, I'll pop in some reds or gat clears. The customization is great. Plus you can choose full size of tkl.

Edit: not sponsored btw. I wish I was
Naimae
can you guys please stop being racist
Chadol
And the keyboard also comes with an escape key that just says "ASCEND"

Worth
shorts
iKBC keyboards are pretty solid, their MF108 line is literal aluminum, if you like RGB they also have that option, and the good part of it is they give you PBT keycaps.

Qpad MK-50s are tanks (You could tell if you watch Staiain.)

I won't recommend Razer and Corsair, you won't get what you pay for.
johnmedina999

citremi wrote:

Just because I prefer one color over another doesn't make me racist.
abraker

johnmedina999 wrote:

citremi wrote:

Just because I prefer one color over another doesn't make me racist.
colorasist
VinZentVanDough
If you want a machine gun keyboard, get the Ducky Shine 5 RGB RED

I'm looking at you Rafis
Topic Starter
Quibbly
But I'm digging that red ASCEND button in place for an escape key...
ReconWolf
to annoy someone in your room while you're playing osu?
a mechanical keyboard will do the trick

but w/e
i use a mechanical keyboard while playing osu.
Achromalia
one that doesn't break or stop working when you get a win10 update on a laptop
Brainage
Cherry MX Speed [Silver] switches are good ones to get on your keyboard; those are the ones I use and generally work better for streaming.

Keyboard with said switches: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Gaming-Keyboards/RGB-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboards/K70-RGB-RAPIDFIRE-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-%E2%80%94-CHERRY%C2%AE-MX-Speed-RGB/p/CH-9101014-NA

I'm not joking
beachTurkey
not mine
Rurree
i have a cm masterkeys s and it's good idk if i would recommend it but it has nice shape and size

it's $140 though but i guess the price is ok
Redow
I've been using black switches for 4 years now but I wouldn't recommend them if you are hard core because they aren't as sensitive as brown switches
Topic Starter
Quibbly
Update
https://imgur.com/MerWioi

Thanks Chadol for the modular keyboard idea. I ended up going with Gateron Reds since this is my first mechanical. This keyboard is great!

Check it out here:
https://www.pcgamingrace.com/
VinZentVanDough

Achromalia wrote:

Win 7 masterrace
Achromalia

ChaosZeroDelta wrote:

Achromalia wrote:

Win 7 masterrace
indeed.

i miss my win7 laptop. if only the laptop itself wasn't shit and outdated.
Blitzfrog
Ducky best keyboard