forum

Looking for a Rival**

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ashenverdic
Hello I'm currently rank 170k I want to get better at osu but I need some help. I'm looking to see if anybody wants to become my rival, similar / close in rank to me and we can try and see who improves first or gets better quicker. If you're interested please reply to this post or add me in game or add my discord ashenverdic#8588
KupcaH
me
Topic Starter
Ashenverdic
Hey! I see that you’re wanting to be my rival, but you have 7k pp? You’re not by any means a newbie haha you’re actually higher than most of my friends I’m looking for a rival closer in skill level and rank :)
Topic Starter
Ashenverdic

KupcaH wrote:

me
abraker
Rivals are hard to find, and even when you find one, they zoom through the ranks living you behind. Happen to me 2 times now T_T
Topic Starter
Ashenverdic

abraker wrote:

Rivals are hard to find, and even when you find one, they zoom through the ranks living you behind. Happen to me 2 times now T_T

T.....T
Buster
me pls
vinnicci
Topic Starter
Ashenverdic

TheQuacking666 wrote:

me pls

lmao
Edgar_Figaro
Just make friends, get supporter, use freind rankings on maps, profit

Compete against all of your freinds scores on a given map. It doesn’t matter if they have t played it in ages. It can still be fun to compete against them in the past.

Also “rivals” that are considerably better are a good motivator to improve as you try and chase them down.
Topic Starter
Ashenverdic

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

Just make friends, get supporter, use freind rankings on maps, profit

Compete against all of your freinds scores on a given map. It doesn’t matter if they have t played it in ages. It can still be fun to compete against them in the past.

Also “rivals” that are considerably better are a good motivator to improve as you try and chase them down.

i see i see... that's not a bad idea. if nobody around my rank steps up i'll consider that
Topic Starter
Ashenverdic
bump
Paneiru
This will just give you an incentive to farm pp to reach higher ranks as fast as possible rather than to actually improve your skills unless you plan on using other ways to gauge who is the better player. Stop comparing yourself to other players, be your own rival.
Topic Starter
Ashenverdic

Paneiru wrote:

This will just give you an incentive to farm pp to reach higher ranks as fast as possible rather than to actually improve your skills unless you plan on using other ways to gauge who is the better player. Stop comparing yourself to other players, be your own rival.

That sounds lonely, I'm looking for a rival. Im more interested in a you bring me I bring you up kinda relationship, but I do understand your point. Thanks for the thought.
Naimae
i feel like this is kind of the same as asking people to be your friend

it doesn't work like that, these things have to be organic to really matter

if you just have a rival you don't know beyond saying "ok ill be ur rival" then is there any real motivation to improve? you're not competing against the other person, you're competing against steadily rising numbers. at least, you might as well be.

talk to people on discord or irl, depending on where you can meet other osu players, be friendly, stir up some friendly competition either by comparing scores or challenging people and then you'll have a rival of sorts before you know it