forum

Do you prefer small or big circles ?

posted
Total Posts

How do you like hitcircles when you play ?

small
42.76%
big
57.24%
Total votes: 290
show more
Low
small when mapping big when playing.
jabberwockey
medium-large because I play in window mode
I don't dislike small hitcircles, they just make me uncomfortable for some reason
Hakurouken
CS 4 and 5.
Cho_old
Depends on how they're used.
those
Smaller circles give the map more space, so it doesn't look as clumped.
Larger circles make jumps seem closer than they are.

Take these two recent maps for example:

Smaller circles: holic - Shihunomi *Higanbana* Daini ~ Kuukyogishin ~ Akabeni [Insane] vs. Larger circles: Sound Horizon - Raijin no Migiude [Insane]

Some jumps are the same distance, but they seem closer in the Sound Horizon map. But the holic map has notes that are more freely moving, if you will.

Personally I like the larger circles so they don't get ridiculously small with HR.
Marifune-kun
big circle!
ganjas62

S o r c e r y wrote:

medium is great
How
I donno Y but when it's small, my accuracy goes up.
fartownik
Small circles for the win.
loqueses57
normal circles better!
ScBw1995
small, because its more fun
Winshley
I don't mind both, as long as they're properly mapped.
Mesita
small
Atema
Big then hard rock is easier, so small XD
Shohei Ohtani
It depends. For me, I like animu maps to have larger hitcircles, since everything is all big and stuff, so the circles fit.

For other maps, though, I like regular circle size.

Small circles are just bad and you should feel bad.
smoogipoo
I prefer small circles but a lot of the songs which I play and in which they're small are too slow...

Really fast big circles are also fun~!
JAKACHAN

fartownik wrote:

Small circles for the win.
Kinrinjin7

Winshley wrote:

I don't mind both, as long as they're properly mapped.
bwross
Whatever is appropriate for the map.

Sometimes I see big circle maps where the circles overlap in an ugly way and I swear that the map was intentionally written to be played HR, because it looks so much better that way. Big circles can also lead to patterns banging against the walls, making things feel cramped... for some songs that works, for others it interferes with the flow.

Small circles work well if you want long flowing patterns and to keep things clean. However, I've also seen maps where small circles were used and only about 70% of the height and width was used... which is 49% of the play area. Sometimes it's not so obvious that the space is being badly used... the map might have notes on the wings, but the area used in any section is a small part of the screen, it never really needs the full space (this is often the case with size 6 maps, which often seem to be Hard maps where the very small circles are used to up the difficulty (the Insane will often have larger circles but a lot faster movement)). This is typically a sign that the map might have been better with larger circles and beat spacing.
Randy96
More like in between, something where it's not as small as the cursor, but not too large where the screen feels cluttered
djjsixpack
Big circles. There are few maps I would call fun that use 5/7 difficulty circle, and no fun map that uses anything above that. Though I may be biasing because most 5/7 difficulty circle maps are old, with low AR, which is never fun. But in any case, big circles are generally more fun.

Also, 5/7 circles have no place in stream maps. Lesjuh is the only mapper I know of that was able to pull off a fun map using 5/7. Just my gripe I guess, a lot of people like them.
K a Y e
Depends on mood! I'm so moody -,-
Dasiel_old
I prefer them big as I'm a girl and girls like big things, hehehe.
Minty Gum
Small, I think it looks very smooth and nice with them and it's a bit more challenging. I enjoy maps that I retry and retry and improve a bit each time, not necessarily ones that I do great on the first try and never come back to.
RusselG

Dasiel wrote:

I prefer them big as I'm a girl and girls like big things, hehehe.
good1
Vmx
Small if the AR and OD is 8+ , I can only play small circles with HR
Mara
I actually enjoy CS6 and 7 more than 5 or 4. They're really challenging, but pure fun. I voted small circles anyway.

BUMPITY BUMP
bomber34
Slow songs and anything with AR8 or lower is small.
But I actually like CS 3 with AR 9 pretty much :3
would vote both but that's not possible...
I vote small circles
Posse
CS4 because with CS5 + Hard Rock it gets hard :P
Dustice
big circles with high AR are the best <3
Allyses
not to big nor small. Big circles sorta annoying, yet the small circle made me missed more than usual
ezgi
Comrade Daniel
I think CS 7 and smaller looks very cute and hilarious to me
his everything

ezgi wrote:

This necro was quite unnecessary
Ymir
95% of Necros are unnecessary anyway.
his everything

Kitte wrote:

The 5% are my necros uwu
Comrade Daniel
What is a Necro?
UPR

Comrade Daniel wrote:

What is a Necro?
Reviving long since abandoned threads
Ymir

Anaxii wrote:

Kitte wrote:

The 5% are my necros uwu
I haven't seen you necro before so I don't really know.
I've tried to attempt a useful necro before but Abraker explained to me why that's pretty much impossible and reverted the damage.
Voidedosu

Anaxii wrote:

Kitte wrote:

The 5% are my necros uwu
If that's even remotely true, that's not something to be proud of.

Also, even if it looks weird, *Casually shotguns the uwu face in the face. With both barrels.*
show more