forum

[Archived] Maps + Sounds

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rytlock_old
Sorry when I annoy with this thread but I got 2 problems since today x.x

1) I downloaded newest D Gray Man Skin and use it , I was able to play 1-2 hours smoothly with it till it starts to become slowmotion all and sounds are ''machinelike'' and error msg ab Audio/Soundcard Driver needs to get updated, followed by a Computer Shut off and restart due heavy error

2) I had maintaince message by osu! and had to relog in and when I was in ALL my maps are gone( were around 2000 and now 77 are left)
Is there a choice to recover this in any way? If so , I would be really pleased if someone could me , because I just feel like getting edgy by this problems and would throw this PC out of window lol x.x

I hope for a quick response X.x
Lucy-Kaede
Well the first one. As it states you need to update your soundcard drivers. (Although, if you need to update it your probably better off with a new motherboard ._.). Find out what motherboard you have (if you can) and google for the latest audio drivers.

For the second. Without knowing what happened, not really. If you have your computer regularly save restore points.. you could do a "system restore", however this will delete everything new on your computer between now and the date of that system restore point.
Topic Starter
Rytlock_old
thanks for quick Answer , I just had to click F5 ingame again and songs were back fortunately :3
My gf plays osu as well and I found out Monday to add Skins and tested through them today and well it happened twice a week now and I am worried if one of the Skins causes problems maybe and so far ab Drivers
I have Informationsliste
ASRock K7VT4A Pro (5 PCI, 1 AGP, 2 DDR DIMM, Audio, LAN)
Idk if I need a new driver tho, I heard ingame by osu players that it may be a Virus too and when I went through with mbam ,it shown Spyware.Onlinegames which I erased ( was the start up data of Firefox .. x.x) and now I am looking whut happens
But buying new computer parts in first place for Skin aint possible :/
Topic Starter
Rytlock_old
Noone can help me ? :x
Lucy-Kaede
You found a spyware virus with your virus program? If it was removed do you still get the error?
Looks like the motherboard is a little old.. if it lasts 2 hours before slowing down, it could be a case of your system just can't keep up with the demand.

However if you have windows xp; you could try downloading the "C-Media audio driver ver:UDA046_build02" from http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.asp?M ... 20PRO&o=XP
Topic Starter
Rytlock_old
Yes I got Windows XP and actually I dont have probs running other games which are way more eating of ressources , the point is, it started popping up when this virus seemed to be there and when I downloaded the Skins for osu!. I heard theres program which can look if ur drivers are not up-2-date and well ~
I gonna try this driver then and will try again. Point is I usually even can play whole day osu! not even 1 week back, as I said, it happens since I got new skins and it gives reply of old soundcard driver or audio driver.
I mean soundcard itself cant be damaged complete since I still here this fail soundish mechanic tone but ye :/
I gonna try the driver and try playing if it rly was just virus
Topic Starter
Rytlock_old
Okay so far I was just able to play 1,5 hrs without any break and any problems ( just some of my SSs were suddenly S since last patch but thats ok again XD)
I changed D Gray Man to an older version of the skin without end melody at ranking screen and it worked good and I am okay now :3
I will see if it maintains okay now, if not I reply back :3
Thanks for your kind help Lucy-Kaede :3 it helpt a lot :3