forum

what headphones/headsets should i get?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
notKaho
should i get audio technica m40x for gaming and music?
KemZii
nah you should get HyperX Cloud II.
Achromalia
Just get something modest that you know will get you decent audio quality and won't wind up being a severe long-term financial detriment.

I've used some decent noise-cancelling headphones that costed me about 20 dollars. I don't know if you'd be comfortable with on-ear headphones though. If you're looking for headsets, however, then I can't help you. I don't use headsets, as I don't find a microphone necessary with the games I play, and since I hardly talk to people verbally anyways.

This is probably low-tier so my suggestion probably isn't very helpful, unless you're looking for something relatively cheap, but maybe something like this?:

Chadol
I would recommend a HyperX Cloud if you're looking for comfort mainly, but if you care about sound I would recommend a pair of Sennheisers, because it really doesn't get much better than that
Akanagi

Chadol wrote:

I would recommend a HyperX Cloud if you're looking for comfort mainly, but if you care about sound I would recommend a pair of Sennheisers, because it really doesn't get much better than that

Yeah, but you'd have to pay around 350 bucks + other equipment to make them work.
abraker
Sennheiser Orpheus
ChiakiNanami
Kinda latish but i use STATUS SM-CB1 there amazing i would highly recommend watching a review on them
AsylumGG
I mean, it sorta depends on your budget and what you plan to do with it. I got the Logitech G231 Prodigy headphones for like $40 and they work great. They sound absolutely amazing and are half the price. If you are a heavy audiophile and really want to hear the music quality, go for it. But I mean, there are cheaper alternatives that work good.
Quibbly
Im using the Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum. Best headset I've ever had. Has 3 different versions of surround sound and rgb lighting on back.
DXPOHIHIHI

Achromalia wrote:

Just get something modest that you know will get you decent audio quality and won't wind up being a severe long-term financial detriment.

I've used some decent noise-cancelling headphones that costed me about 20 dollars. I don't know if you'd be comfortable with on-ear headphones though. If you're looking for headsets, however, then I can't help you. I don't use headsets, as I don't find a microphone necessary with the games I play, and since I hardly talk to people verbally anyways.

This is probably low-tier so my suggestion probably isn't very helpful, unless you're looking for something relatively cheap, but maybe something like this?:

There's a sound cancelling headphones that only cost 20 dollars? owo

Hecc they cost roughly over 100$ here
day
hyperx cloud 2 have a really nice quality , a decent mic and they last for long so i would go with them.
Rurree
better if you get the m50x + modmic

you can't really use the m40x and similar models for gaming since there's no mic but with a modmic then it trumps the hyperx ones although it's more expensive
ProrokC2
I used the M50X and i got really dissapointed. Used it with my FiiO Olympus 2 DAC, and it didn't blow me away. I've been using my modded HyperX Clouds (first ones) for like 3-4 years now and they are wayyyyyy more comfortable. Wearing M50x is a horrible experience at least for me. Ears are sweaty very quickly, the pads are made out of wood, so is the top (gave me a headache after 20 minutes) Also the sound didn't really blow me away.
I'd wait a week for the new Snabs to come out. They'll be a better, cheaper version of Brainwavz HM5s. They'll be like a 100 bucks, with the same drivers and better addons than the HM5s, and fixed structural issues. So my recommendation is to either get the Cloud IIs or wait for the new snabs.
Achromalia
i guess this thread could be helpful.

the cheap-ass noise cancelling ones i posted earlier stopped working. oof.

still looking for new ones.

anything good under $70?

usually cheap shit is going to be cheap shit, and break in a few months, or have some sort of issue with sound quality or has a shitty design flaw or something, so if there's something trusty and decent, and doesn't have any huge flaw in particular, that'd be fine.

well, some extra information is needed so i don't get more cheap shit that doesn't work with what I'm trying to do. I'm a music producer, so headphones are a pretty big thing. if I'm looking for something good, that includes getting a good frequency range without too much noise coming in from outside. i don't record my music, so that's not anything to be concerned about, at least for now (in the future, I'll probably involve the old concertina piano i have in a storage cell).

I've been looking at headphones like the AKG K240 Semi-Open (https://www.amazon.com/AKG-K240STUDIO-Semi-Open-Studio-Headphones/dp/B0001ARCFA/), but since i don't have much experience with good quality headphones, im not sure what's actually good.
TeeArctic1
You know, whenever buying headsets with an okay price, the specific brand rarely makes a difference. We buy the ones we either think are cool, got recommended to us through friends or from a brand we like.

There's a reason why so many people buy Razer even though there are better headsets for a lower price avaliable.

That being said, I'd recommend investing in something durable if you're buying. That way, you don't have to buy new ones every two years.
MyztikOSU
anything sennheiser is better than razer imo
Topic Starter
notKaho
i have been thinking about the hyperx cloud mix, any thoughts about it, or should i just get the cloud 2.
P U L S E
Maybe some Hyperx Clouds, Or some Razer Kraken pro v2's

I personally like the feel of kraken pros.
ACasualGam3r
I personally use Steel Series just because there good and not super expensive
- EdgarNitroX
any kind of headphones , the purpose of them is listen music and sounds in hq audio , ill recommend the beats :3
Topic Starter
notKaho
so, how much should i spend on a headphones?
7ambda
HyperX Cloud is too meta

might i recommend the akg k240?
thyme_old_1
get yourself some hyperx or sennheisers, they're great and durable. if you have some extra money and might use the headphones when you're traveling or going to work, try some house of marley, i'm currently using an exodus, it's double the price of the m40x but the quality justifies its price. however if you don't have quite the budget for the exodus, you may opt on to some of the budget ones, i'd say buy a liberate xlbt, which i used to have. it is durable i just broke mine because i accidentally sat on it and bent one side of the headset, but it still works tho
show more