forum

[Archived] What info should my friend give to change her password

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MDuh
Hello

my friend aymyours has forgotten her Password and when she tried to "Send Password" her account, it said that such email address/username doesn't exist

she said that she may had (?) change her password/email address before but not sure

now, she wants to reset her password and I had advised her to contact peppy, but before sending an email, what info does she needs to send to confirm her identity?
awp
I don't think you can register/validate with an email account that doesn't exist

registered email looks legit though
Topic Starter
MDuh
well it looks like
1) she changed her email address and password and forgot it
2) someone hacked and changed password/email address
3) she really just forgot her password

I'll try to ask her if she can find an email coming from pe@ppy.sh as I still can access my first email I got from osu registration
Topic Starter
MDuh
bump, apparently she still can login her osu account in her laptop (remember logon) but she is afraid to logout because she forgot her login credentials..

In her laptop, she still have those .cfg which has an encrypted password code
Can she send those files in the email as proof the she really is the one who owns the account?

OFFtopic question: is the last visit in a profile page, last login in site or in-game?
cause she opened her account earlier and according to her profile, the last visit didn't change and still stucked on dec.10
http://osu.ppy.sh/u/aymyours

--EDIT--
I also asked her to search her emails for an entry for pe@ppy.sh but found none, she may have realy forgotten her email and password for this acct
Lucy-Kaede
Well, for the offtopic question.
I'm pretty certain the date on your website profile is from the website login.
Fabi

MDuh wrote:

bump, apparently she still can login her osu account in her laptop (remember logon) but she is afraid to logout because she forgot her login credentials..

In her laptop, she still have those .cfg which has an encrypted password code
Can she send those files in the email as proof the she really is the one who owns the account?

OFFtopic question: is the last visit in a profile page, last login in site or in-game?
cause she opened her account earlier and according to her profile, the last visit didn't change and still stucked on dec.10
http://osu.ppy.sh/u/aymyours

--EDIT--
I also asked her to search her emails for an entry for pe@ppy.sh but found none, she may have realy forgotten her email and password for this acct
To decrypt it use md5.