forum

My singletapping speed dropped from 230 bpm to 170 bpm

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI
I just noticed this just now(i'm an idiot)

ever since I replaced my laptop's keyboard with a membrane keypad(3 weeks ago) one my singletapping dropped big time and I'm worried that I can't pass anymore high bpm maps.

I need heavy singletapping maps from you guys, and I already downloaded most of ranefire's singletap maps

who was the person who said osu improvement requires 90% skill and 10% equipment?
Wishes
Uh, I think I was the person who said the 90% thing. It's true though in most cases. In any case for me membrane keyboard is better than laptop keyboard. Just get used to it lol.
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI

szkiller wrote:

Wishes wrote:

Uh, I think I was the person who said the 90% thing. It's true though in most cases. In any case for me membrane keyboard is better than laptop keyboard. Just get used to it lol.

Nope, been like a month but still...

membranes are hard af to tap + my keypad's keys are small af! about the same size of my middle finger

I therefore conclude that osu requires 25% skill and 75% equipment
Deva

szkiller wrote:

Whatever makes you feel better about being shit at this game ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
VinZentVanDough
Replace the keyboad with a mouse. Tape the mouse to the desk. And there you go
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI

ChaosZeroDelta wrote:

Replace the keyboad with a mouse. Tape the mouse to the desk. And there you go

THATS A GREAT IDEA!

'NT
KupcaH

szkiller wrote:

Yes, buy high end gear and you'll become 75% Cookiezi.
trash
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI

KupcaH wrote:

szkiller wrote:

Yes, buy high end gear and you'll become 75% Cookiezi.
trash

I'm not saying I'd buy high end gear e-e

I'm just saying that I'd buy decent gear, any redswitch keyb would do and a cheap but durable
Wishes
Just buy some cheap mech keyboard from a no name brand with knockoff switches then. They are pretty cheap. No need to get Cherry MX necessarily.
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI

Wishes wrote:

Just buy some cheap mech keyboard from a no name brand with knockoff switches then. They are pretty cheap. No need to get Cherry MX necessarily.

knockoff switches?
Implojin
gateron, kailh
Wishes

szkiller wrote:

Wishes wrote:

knockoff switches?
Basically clones of the popular Cherry MX switches. They are not even that bad nowadays. As mentioned by the poster above there's Gateron, Kailh. There's also others, like Outemu. They are cheaper than Cherry MX switches, so yeah.
Tamako Lumisade

Wishes wrote:

szkiller wrote:

Wishes wrote:

knockoff switches?

Basically clones of the popular Cherry MX switches. They are not even that bad nowadays. As mentioned by the poster above there's Gateron, Kailh. There's also others, like Outemu. They are cheaper than Cherry MX switches, so yeah.

I will ask by the way. What does it mean 'cheaper'. Are these ones less durable that original MX Cherry or do they have a different clicking feeling when you tap?

I think excluding MX Cherry, we only have Kailh in Poland in popular markets.
Wishes

Husky wrote:

I will ask by the way. What does it mean 'cheaper'. Are these ones less durable that original MX Cherry or do they have a different clicking feeling when you tap?

I think excluding MX Cherry, we only have Kailh in Poland in popular markets.
I mean they are cheaper in price, so keyboards with them will tend to be cheaper as a result. :)
Obviously quality wise they are more likely to be worse of course, but that varies on the switch and company. They have a different feel compared to Cherry MX as well.
SupremeNick
It is a new keyboard so you do have to get used to it.
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI

SupremeNick wrote:

It is a new keyboard so you do have to get used to it.

Getting used to a shitty keypad will take forever + it's impossible to maintain my stamina because it feels like its more harder than a black switch
RamenBucket
If all else fails you can always learn alternating xd
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI

RamenBucket wrote:

If all else fails you can always learn alternating xd

NO! I will never return to that shitty playstyle, I used to alt and I had a shitty acc(87<%) I'm not going back
Crackhard
Learn to alternate (alternate both of your fingers for tapping) like this: 'zxzxzxzxzxzxzxzxzxzx' So you can one: increase stamina. two: faster tps. and three: exercise both fingers
My Angel Jeremy
alternate for the win
MrGarebear2000
Membrane keypad? Why not a mechanical one? Not much of an upgrade from a laptop keyboard.
show more