forum

How can I get 94% and S rank but no PP?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
WillSellers
just wondering, I've never really been too worried about rank, but I was looking at my ranks, and noticed I got 0/20PP but I S ranked the song with 94% accuracy. Can someone explain how PP is calculated I don't really get it.
Kondou-Shinichi
PP, simply put, is a value put to plays to determine how good your play is, based on your acc, your combo, misscount, the diffculty of the map, etc
The reason you didnt get any pp is that the play itself isnt that good.
yes i know pp maps doesnt deserve their pp but its unrelated here
Wishes
It depends a lot on your combo as well, you can get S rank but still slider break in the middle and get next to nothing in terms of PP.
DXPOHIHIHI
higher acc = pp
S + low acc = no pp
Deva
expecting to get pp for a 94% play

welcome to 2018....
Brainage
Some of my best plays are 97% A ranks and I earn 100+ pp for most of them. Gaining PP is correlated more to high consistency (e.g. 1 miss/sliderbreak) along with high accuracy (97% and above) than average accuracy (93-96%) FC's.
VinZentVanDough
Your acc is shit.
NeKroMan4ik
Use Tillerino and !acc command
Topic Starter
WillSellers

Deva wrote:

welcome to 2018....

Not really, I just didn't realize you got 0 pp for bad plays I assumed you'd get like 1 or 2 for the effort at least. Also this doesn't make the most sense I have a C rank that I only got like 85% on and got like 6 pp. I'm not stupid I've noticed there's a threshold where you start to get pp on a map, I just don't get why it's completely different for each song, even around the same difficulty.
Deva

WillSellers wrote:

[Not really, I just didn't realize you got 0 pp for bad plays I assumed you'd get like 1 or 2 for the effort at least. Also this doesn't make the most sense I have a C rank that I only got like 85% on and got like 6 pp. I'm not stupid I've noticed there's a threshold where you start to get pp on a map, I just don't get why it's completely different for each song, even around the same difficulty.
High combo and high accuracy are all that matters. You can get some pp for low accuracy FC's. For example you will get 100pp for an 85% play but 300pp for a 95% play (not literally, I just used those numbers to make it easier to understand).

If you want to know more since I'm too lazy to explain it myself https://osu.ppy.sh/help/wiki/Performance_Points
Sandy Hoey
The pp you gain is based off your other top plays as well since hey are weighted. If the lowest pp on your top play list is above 20, then you won’t get anything from it
Flyy
All depends on accuracy and combo, 94% isn't the best acc.
Topic Starter
WillSellers

Sandy Hoey wrote:

The pp you gain is based off your other top plays as well since hey are weighted. If the lowest pp on your top play list is above 20, then you won’t get anything from it

Thanks, that makes more sense now lol
MrGarebear2000
aim for over 95% acc for pp
Edgar_Figaro

WillSellers wrote:

Deva wrote:

welcome to 2018....
Not really, I just didn't realize you got 0 pp for bad plays I assumed you'd get like 1 or 2 for the effort at least. Also this doesn't make the most sense I have a C rank that I only got like 85% on and got like 6 pp. I'm not stupid I've noticed there's a threshold where you start to get pp on a map, I just don't get why it's completely different for each song, even around the same difficulty.
Even at same star rating 2 different songs will award different amounts. Some of the factors people don't mention as often in this regard are the OD on the map and the maps length. OD is Overall Difficulty and affects the timing windows on objects. If you get a high Accuracy on a map with a high OD you'll get more PP while a high ACC on a low OD map is less valuable as it is considered easier to get high accuracy on.

The 2nd part I mentioned is pretty obvious as maps that require you to be consistent for a longer period of time generally give more PP than a short map of the same difficulty.