forum

Keyboard Recommendations

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BitTripTristam
Hi! Hopefully I am in the right place. I am an Osu!mania player and would like to hear some recommendations. I have been using Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red and I absolutely hate it right now. Sometimes it doesn't register my taps. I don't want to buy any Corsair keyboard or keyboard with RGB lighting. A mechanical keyboard that can be used to vibro.

Thank you :)
-Makishima S-

Search doesn't hurt
Topic Starter
BitTripTristam

[Taiga] wrote:

Search doesn't hurt

Pretty outdated. More and more different products are being made.
Zozimoto
the cherry mx 64x ultra hd edition
Topic Starter
BitTripTristam

Zozimoto wrote:

the cherry mx 64x ultra hd edition

Sounds good.
-Makishima S-
No hope for you.
You cannot even properly use search engine and find your answer....
Nothing there is outdated.
Tested and recommended keyboards repeat all the time, same shit all over the place.

Get CM Storm Quickfire TK with whatever the fuck switches you like and be happy.
Topic Starter
BitTripTristam

[Taiga] wrote:

No hope for you.
You cannot even properly use search engine and find your answer....
Nothing there is outdated.
Tested and recommended keyboards repeat all the time, same shit all over the place.

Get CM Storm Quickfire TK with whatever the fuck switches you like and be happy.

Lmao I don't think you get it. I have been searching up for the threads but I want to make sure I actually get responses that are new and I have details for a keyboard that I actually want.
Btw. Why would I trust an answer that says "...with whatever the fuck switches you like and be happy". I want to buy a keyboard that has light switches and are good for vibroing.
Maybe if you look sharply you may see that I dislike the keyboard for not registering taps sometimes and that I don't want to pay for bullshit RGB lighting or Corsair products.
-Makishima S-
Maybe if you look sharply you may see that I dislike the keyboard for not registering taps sometimes and that I don't want to pay for bullshit RGB lighting or Corsair products.
Then your knowledge about corsair or cooler master products is bad.
I have Quickfire TK, simplest version with red backlight, cherry mx red switches.
Full anti-ghosting (tested myself as I can hit 10 keys at same time and get 10 characters output with statistical error of difference in keypress from each finger), I had never a problem with not registered keys, nor 99% of users.
One time actuation point on "Z" switch moved due my natural hammering keys and CM within few days gave me new keyboard on RMA. They didn't bother to swap switch, why make customer wait for a gaming keyboard? Good support non or less, I recommend.
Calling out "light switches" means you didn't made a research on switches - yet again, it can be found in this forum and in internet.
If "your keyboard" don't register taps, RMA it, simple as that.

Soz bro, alongside with K90 from Corsair, also Quickfire series from CM are most often used keyboards by top players and mostly recommended here for players.
For mania you can also find a Ducky keyboard.

Again - nothing here is outdated, you just search excuse because you really cannot search for any information or do research.
Topic Starter
BitTripTristam

[Taiga] wrote:

Then your knowledge about corsair or cooler master products is bad.
I have Quickfire TK, simplest version with red backlight, cherry mx red switches.
Full anti-ghosting (tested myself as I can hit 10 keys at same time and get 10 characters output with statistical error of difference in keypress from each finger), I had never a problem with not registered keys, nor 99% of users.
One time actuation point on "Z" switch moved due my natural hammering keys and CM within few days gave me new keyboard on RMA. They didn't bother to swap switch, why make customer wait for a gaming keyboard? Good support non or less, I recommend.
Calling out "light switches" means you didn't made a research on switches - yet again, it can be found in this forum and in internet.
If "your keyboard" don't register taps, RMA it, simple as that.

Soz bro, alongside with K90 from Corsair, also Quickfire series from CM are most often used keyboards by top players and mostly recommended here for players.
For mania you can also find a Ducky keyboard.

Again - nothing here is outdated, you just search excuse because you really cannot search for any information or do research.

No fucking shit my knowledge is bad about those things that's the reason I am directly asking from other people. You braindead?
No I won't RMA it because it won't help. Many other people have the same problems with K70 I'd rather buy a new one. I am trying to ask people who actually play mania and who are actually skilled. Many highly skilled people have the same problems.

I guess you are trying to think of new ways to argue for no fucking reason. If you can't even talk without being an ass about it then maybe you shouldn't be here.
-Makishima S-
No, I am just tired of seeing same topic every 1/2 weeks.
Youth this time cannot even google, smh.
Nikoz
Taiga, this dude's just tryna get some help. You either help him or get the fuck out.
Akanagi
Ducky is pretty good, but is a bit on the expensive side.
Topic Starter
BitTripTristam

Rayne wrote:

Ducky is pretty good, but is a bit on the expensive side.

What models should I take in consideration?
Akanagi
Ducky Shine / One. I use Shine 6 (not mania tho) and never had any problems, and never heard problems about it from anyone else using it.
Ducky One is also perfectly fine and TKL version is also much cheaper than the Shine series.

I'd just go with Ducky One TKL with the switches you like. It performs the same but you pay almost 50% less for it.
KemZii
Ducky Shine
owo
kai99
The Gambler
You don't have to splurge on a full keyboard if you can help it. A little bit of work, and you can get one of these beauties just for osu! alone

4x4
http://www.40percent.club/2018/01/4x4.html

2-Key
http://www.40percent.club/search?q=2+key

4-key
http://www.40percent.club/2017/07/4-pack.html

Literally found this guy while browsing through some interesting keyboard designs. You do need soldering and a bit of computer savvy to program this (You will be using stuff like dfu-util and avrdude), but these are truly osu-only keypads by any stretch of the imagination.

The gerber files (the design files) are on his github page. You can send them to guys like JLCPCB to get them made for quite cheap actually.