forum

Is my Skill Capped?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KuroganeSuoh
It's weird that I have reached lvl 90 but never even got past 2k.
It seems that something is stopping me from ever reaching that goal I set when I reached 1k.
So a little info about my play style is that I consider myself Hybrid XD
You know how I can use both alternate and single tapping in one play. Like say
alternate on sliders and single tap on singles and I can switch it if I intend to.
(You get my idea there)
But there is also this one problem where I feel uncomfortable playing certain segments
of the song
like very far jumps and awkward slider pattern which forces me to think
that I will miss it.
There is also those times where I cant fully aim my cursor on easy
circles
which ends up being missed.
First I thought my timing was off but that's not the case.
I have been playing this game for a good 3-4 months and I have been playing everyday.
It just makes me wonder if I have reached my limit of my skills.
I can't gain any pp and If I try to play maps in which I think i'm confident of beating
or that I can still manageable to I always fail at finishing it.
Some people say resetting the map over and over again is no good so
I didn't do it.There are also times where I'm lucky enough to beat a map, but it's rare.

Before you give one know that I don't care about pp anymore
at this moment because I gave up on reaching 2k because of this supposedly skill cap.

Any advices?
Liyuu
That's what you call hitting a "wall" We have all been there and the only way to break it is just play more. Play longer maps, play maps a little out of your comfort zone and also just don't care about pp and just pls enjoy game
ManuelOsuPlayer
You -> Play Time: 106 hours
Me -> Play Time: 907 hours
Rafis -> Play Time: 2,705 hours

You -> Total Hits: 1,014,490
Me ->Total Hits: 10,844,288
Rafis -> Total Hits: 43,017,686

Don't do a toprank in last week is being skill capped? Stop make nonsense posts expecting someone go to your house and play for you.
D_Loomz
Try to enjoy more the game, make your expectations on you a bit lower, if you miss easy circles regularly that's just means it's not easy for you. Your skill did not reach it's limits, you just need to play more and invest time to the game. If you feel so obsessed with improvement you should take a break. Playing everyday and feeling it leads to nowhere is nothing that effective than playing everyday while having fun, investing time to improve and to train properly, understanding that playing more is the answer and also taking breaks from the game, it's totally fine to take a few days or a week off, your skills will not vanish.
Topic Starter
KuroganeSuoh

DLoomz wrote:

Your skill did not reach it's limits, you just need to play more and invest time to the game. If you feel so obsessed with improvement you should take a break. Playing everyday and feeling it leads to nowhere is nothing that effective than playing everyday while having fun, investing time to improve and to train properly, understanding that playing more is the answer and also taking breaks from the game, it's totally fine to take a few days or a week off, your skills will not vanish.

Thanks for that good advice. It seems that you know that I have not been enjoying this game
recently. Still that was well said, you made me think of what to do next to improve.

ManuaelOsePlayer wrote:

Don't do a toprank in last week is being skill capped? Stop make nonsense posts expecting someone go to your house and play for you.

That was a lucky play, I never even expected myself to get in the top ranks. I was overjoyed
but of course I don't think I can toprank again. And also does just playing more of the game make
you good at it? I mean I have been playing 4-5 hours a day even at midnight for 3 months just
because some random player told me to play more and you will be good all of a sudden.
In my case that doesn't work. Don't assume that the only thing that can make someone good is by
playing more. Some people can get good by just playing more but some need more than that.
some other factors. Pro's never got good just because
they played a lot, it's because they were collecting different informations for the past years,
experiences. Not just because they have played a lot. It's a good thing that DLoomz said what he
said it really made me reconsider my options that there is more to it than just playing more.
DeletedUser_6869432
I'm calling bullshit on you playing 4-5 hours every day For 3 months, even if you didn't play everyday your playtime is way too low in order to even claim that's the case. Unless your playing offline your severely over exaggerating your situation. And if you want advice other than play more, don't retry maps ever, don't play farm maps ever, play marathon maps, don't use DT, don't play when your not having fun, and stop underestimating the time it takes to be good at Osu
Topic Starter
KuroganeSuoh

kacper124 wrote:

I'm calling bullshit on you playing 4-5 hours every day For 3 months, even if you didn't play everyday your playtime is way too low in order to even claim that's the case. Unless your playing offline your severely over exaggerating your situation. And if you want advice other than play more, don't retry maps ever, don't play farm maps ever, play marathon maps, don't use DT, don't play when your not having fun, and stop underestimating the time it takes to be good at Osu

I have been playing both offline and online, Fair Enough it's a good advice.
Karpiuxd
i see you got in your HS pretty ez pp maps. try something challanging than can make you improve. higher than your comfort zone.
D_Loomz

Karpiuxd wrote:

i see you got in your HS pretty ez pp maps. try something challanging than can make you improve. higher than your comfort zone.
He's playing mostly 4* maps, that's the perfect zone to improve.
Karpiuxd

DLoomz wrote:

Karpiuxd wrote:

I mean that Im
He's playing mostly 4* maps, that's the perfect zone to improve.

I mean that im close to his rank and i downloaded that top maps. Played 1 or 2 of them and they are very simple and not challanging for our zone. I feel like im improving when I can read smth harder than 1min free pp and maybe he should try playing more complicated and longer

maps.
kai99
XD
-Makishima S-
Simple hint for you:

Push your fucking limits and don't sit on your comfort zone all the time.
Set a simple rule - every next play on a map will have better combo (even if its a 1 more combo) and better acc - if you fail this, retry map until you reach it, then move to next.

By this from ~30 miss / 92% acc on loved Eyes Half Closed (6,2* diff) I went to 9 miss 96% acc or from not being able to even pass beginning of Last Journey Home (reading issues) to point where I fail because of stamina.

No, skill is not capped, it is just matter how you approach it.
I don't play anymore maps on my comfort zone, pushing limits all the time, crying over misses and bad acc, crying over failing maps but still playing.

Now go play more.
ManuelOsuPlayer
Pass 4* maps with a 10 seconds 6* spike isn't any close to being a good practice.

You have to find your REAL level at each skill and play from it to a small difficult increase at CONSISTENT maps. Tipical Camellia map, 4 minutes 2* slidders, 1 minute 8* quickslidders it's useless even being a 5 minutes 6* map, the diff you should play to improve. You have to search maps what have actual 6* patterns all long, without any spikes. So you are training what you need to be training.
If you can 99% 5* maps, then play from 5.0 to 5.5. Knowing what diff spikes and map styles are you good at.
For example if i want to training my burst streams, i have to go from 6.5 to 7.0 or i'm losing my time. But if i want to training my jumps i have to move from 5.6 to 6.1 because i know where my skills levels are at. If i want to improve my HR performance i have to play from 4* to 5*. Playing just 5* maps will be useless to 90% of my skills. So my improvment will not increasse at his maximun potential.
Each skill improve at his own rate. Play just around 5.5 random maps because you fc a jump farm map 5.4 will lead into face against maps like https://osu.ppy.sh/b/550235 and https://osu.ppy.sh/b/830322&m=0 where you arn't able to progress due to don't be facing similar maps at your REAL level. Like this: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1042025&m=0 A 4* stream map where you actually need reading at rhythm. Why would you waste your time at 6* stream maps when you're not able to get more than 70% acc at 4* patterns edited to OD10.
Topic Starter
KuroganeSuoh
Thank you everyone for such good advices, I shall do every single on of them. :-)